• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupidity

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Above all things one should strive for is to not be stupid... here is what Satanism has to say about stupidity...

1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

what is stupidity?
stupidity is not thinking for yourself but going by what others tell you is true or right or beliveing everything you read in a book (the satanic bible included)...

>Friends of stupidity
>And therefore enemies of Satanism, are:

>Thoughtless herd conformity
>Unquestioned dogma
>Counterproductive pride
>Lack of doubt
>White light religions

exerpts from:
the offical church of satan website: http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html
and another good info site: http://www.dpjs.co.uk/index.html

wa:-do

THE DEVIL

It's too bad that God didn't begin his tablets with Stupidity. There's
no current payment for stupidity. Stupidity is so prevelant that
it's obnoxious. I don't think there has ever been as much stupidity
on Earth as there is today. Perhaps the question is: How to combat
stupidity? Well, stupidity can't be answer because the person is
for lack of better terminology, stupid. It's like talking to a brick wall.
The best that we can do is to answer in sarcastic and meaningfull ways
and hope that someone discovers our efforts.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I liked LeVeys view on stupidity... "Its too bad stupidity isn't painful"

unfortunatly stupidity is painful, just not painful in obvious ways. Obesity, Malnutrition, War are all painful stupidities... People seem to be bound to thier stupidity like a drowning man in a pair of cement shoes.

One problem with stupidity I have found, is that eaven if you get the person to admit they are being stupid its no garentee that they will stop being stupid. Often they have an excuse for thier stupidity such as, "this is way its always been" or "what good would my stoping do if so many others keep doing it too?".

people are stupid, perhaps in the end we will get what we deserve for such stupidity.

wa:do

huajiro

THE DEVIL said:
It's too bad that God didn't begin his tablets with Stupidity. There's
no current payment for stupidity. Stupidity is so prevelant that
it's obnoxious. I don't think there has ever been as much stupidity
on Earth as there is today. Perhaps the question is: How to combat
stupidity? Well, stupidity can't be answer because the person is
for lack of better terminology, stupid. It's like talking to a brick wall.
The best that we can do is to answer in sarcastic and meaningfull ways
and hope that someone discovers our efforts.
The fact that there is so much stupidity, would help Satan, would it not? Most people follow each other like lambs to slaughter....this is what will ultimately destroy us.

Vianne

Personally I think the tablets were there to *prevent* stupidity.

Don't steal. Why? It destroys your credibility and hurts the person you're stealing from, not to mention that it could hinder your ability to meet your goals later in life (I'd like to hire you, but you have a record of embezzlement). The Jews didn't know that ... they needed to be told.

Don't sleep around. Why? It can cause unwanted pregnancies, confusion about paternity, diseases, and broken hearts. They didn't have contraceptives, paternity tests, and Dr. Phil back then ... this was the only way to prevent all of the above. Now we have more efficient resources to achieve the original desired result.

But you're right ... stupidity is everywhere. People today either reject "religious" standards of ethics as being outmoded, or they cling to them with blind faith. Neither category stops to ask WHY that standard was there, and how it can be addressed today.

My two cents' worth.

What is stupidity? It's a word that everyone throws around, but the meaning of which is hard to place a finger on sometimes.
My ever so handy computer dictionary describes stupidity as being *The inability to understand or profit from experience.*
When you put the word stupidity with religion though, it seems to gain that meaning that anybody who does not agree with your religion is stupid. If, when going by my supplied definition of stupidity, we think about what experience is, how can somebody be stupid if they cannot understand something they have never experienced. Somebody living in an all catholic community, might never learn to understand another culture or religion, therefore, there is no stupidity, because they have no experience in another religion with which to compare their own to.

If we put the word stupidity with non-religious things, such as war, then we find that people are indeed, very stupid. I think that, sometimes some of this stupidity comes from fear, tradition, or simply human nature. Sometimes, people don't always do the clever thing because they're afraid of the outcome, or because nobody has ever done any different.

Fluffy

A fool
What are the satanistic views upon people with disabilities such as autism? I dont mean to poke holes but I am genuinly curious as to whether they are still viewed as having sinned.

Or is it the more deliberate act of NOT learning from experience rather than an inability to that is the sin?

xander-

Stupidity is the belif in a thiest religion according to him. He belived(as do i, to a degree) that religion is only blinds you from the obious truth. As do buddist, saying that the ultimate god, is truth. in other words, its sinful to have a supreme being, because ultimatly, destroy the world.
The belif in something beyond our reach, only help mankind to make the world simple. In satanism, it takes more than making it simple, but making it more complex(A little like some philosofi, isn't it?). All in all, religion has killed more people than greed, politics(even though most ARE based on religion) and racism(yes, even including the WW2). Now remember, i have cheaked the facts, the rest, are yours to interputate(spel khec?).

-Xander

-Xander

Fluffy said:
What are the satanistic views upon people with disabilities such as autism? I dont mean to poke holes but I am genuinly curious as to whether they are still viewed as having sinned.

Or is it the more deliberate act of NOT learning from experience rather than an inability to that is the sin?
If you mean sin, as in the LaVeys list of 'sins', then I don't think you can class somebody with a disability such as autism as having the ability to 'sin' since their disability is not caused through their own actions.

cardero

Citizen Mod
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say that there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”

-- Frank Zappa

carrdero: Why did you create man to imitate stupidity, and how can I help you regret the fact that you created this condition?

GOD: To begin with, I helped create the physical structure of humans, not their mental conditions. I didn't create stupidity. It is most certainly a human-made term. Ignorance is the inability to K(NOW). I did create ignorance, but that was so it could complement enlightenment. To BE enlightened, you must break on through from ignorance. Ignorance is enlightenment's perfect opposite.

Another reason YOU see so much stupidity in YOUR life is that YOU may be looking too hard to find it. When YOU are constantly seeking the imperfections or the INCORRECTNESS of other BEings, there stands a chance YOU will BE exposed to a lot of it. If YOU constantly dwell on something, it builds up to the point of becoming ALL YOU see. MY best advice is to change YOUR perspective.

Hello It's Me: An Interview With GOD
Chapter: Stupidity and Ignaorance
Page: 31

This is a topic that GOD and I cannot seem to agree on. I see much stupidity everyday but GOD prefers to think of it as ignorance. I am sure he is CORRECT and his advice sound but I just haven't been able to PROVE this TRUTH for myself.

linwood

Another reason YOU see so much stupidity in YOUR life is that YOU may be looking too hard to find it.
I`ve got to disagree with God here (Yet again) I don`t believe i`m looking for the stupidity it just seems to surround me on a daily basis.

I believe it exists because people are taught WHAT to think and not HOW to think.

If they really truly took some time to contemplate what they believe and why that stupidity would vanish.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Those who clame that people with genetic disorders are stupid are mistaken. They have impaired function, but this is not stupidity according to the Satanic definiton. Stupidity is a choice to ignore evidence, refuse to question authority and to follow blindly. Stupidity is the posession of those with complete mental faculties.

wa:do

cardero

Citizen Mod
Linwood writes: I`ve got to disagree with God here (Yet again) I don`t believe i`m looking for the stupidity it just seems to surround me on a daily basis.

I feel the same way. I work in a toll booth and I see this type of behavior on a daily basis, sometimes 20 prime examples in one hour.
Linwood writes: I believe it exists because people are taught WHAT to think and not HOW to think.

I think it has gone beyond the realm of believing, I think both you and I have PROVEN stupidity as a TRUTH to life. GOD has comeback answer for this as well-

As for enlightening your fellow man, TEACH them! Show them. Most of your learning institutions at this moment are teaching students K(NOW)ledge they may never use. Instead, teach them how to function CORRECTLY in their society. This is what they will BE doing for the majority of their lives, anyway. Teach them to shop wisely; teach them to become better drivers. Teach them about hygiene and the proper way to take care of their bodies. Teach them to handle and manage money. Most of ALL, teach them politeness and consideration of other people. Don't teach them to conform; teach them to interact.

Teach them throughout their formative academic years. Take them out into the world and show them different jobs people do. Show them the CORRECT manner they can improve their communities. Encourage this process of self-learning, self-growth. It doesn't stop in the classroom. Teach them that learning is never-ending. Soul growth is forever.

Linwood writes: If they really truly took some time to contemplate what they believe and why that stupidity would vanish.

There are some people who I have encountered that seem to develop stupidity as if it was a time-honored skill. I can tolerate ignorance but I cannot and should not have to tolerate stupidity. I think this will always BE a “bone of contention” between GOD and I throughout our REALationship.