• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Struggling to come to terms with something I have read in the bible.

Wookiemonster

The*****isBack
Ah you're an orthodox Jew or a hasid...or maybe a (shudder) convert

not all jews accept the ideas you are stating....

A convert, but I'm not sure that's worthy of a shudder.

And yes you are correct, not all Jews accept the ideas I present. As the say goes 2 Jews, 3 Opinions. Sorry if I presented my views as the end all be all of Jewish thought, didn't mean to.

Mr Cheese

A convert, but I'm not sure that's worthy of a shudder.

And yes you are correct, not all Jews accept the ideas I present. As the say goes 2 Jews, 3 Opinions. Sorry if I presented my views as the end all be all of Jewish thought, didn't mean to.

thats ok...

or I'd have to throw my mezuzah at you....

(joke)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I truly sympathize with you, but God did not make you homosexual, for if he did then he would have a sick mind.
No, we are what we are because of our environment Like the people we frequent or because of our family history.
I certainly did not choose to be this way. I ask you; Did you choose your own sexual preferences?
As for my environment and family history, my dad left when I was about 13, and me and my mom had a rather sour relationship until recently.

In my early twenty's I learned that there was such a thing as lesbianism for I never thought that they had any tools to invade anyone, then I learned about that they use a "dildo" so i came to the conclusion that a lesbian is a woman doing a man's job.
Hate to burst your bubble, but in plenty of heterosexual relationships, the woman will "invade" the male with a strap on dildo.

free spirit

I certainly did not choose to be this way. I ask you; Did you choose your own sexual preferences?

I was born a male so i am attracted to females
As for my environment and family history, my dad left when I was about 13, and me and my mom had a rather sour relationship until recently.

You must have felt abandoned at the time you needed him most, I had three daughters the youngest one is now 36 years old, but when they were your age all of them wanted to be close to me.
Hate to burst your bubble, but in plenty of heterosexual relationships, the woman will "invade" the male with a strap on dildo.
Yes you have, can it get any worse?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I was born a male so i am attracted to females
But, did you choose to be attracted to females? Did you make this a concsious decision, or did it just sorta happen?

You must have felt abandoned at the time you needed him most,
Well, my dad worked second shift, and missed most of my life growing up. So, I don't know what I felt, but it wasn't abandoned since I was already use to him not being around. My older brother OTOH was my primary "male" role model, since he was around much more often.

Yes you have, can it get any worse?
\
Well, some people sexually enjoy being defecated and/or urinated on, and maybe even consuming these bodily wastes. Some people are aroused by their partner being dressed in an animal outfit. Some people like being chained down and whipped. The world of sexual arousments and enjoyments is almost as varied and different as the people who walk down the street.

free spirit

But, did you choose to be attracted to females? Did you make this a concsious decision, or did it just sorta happen?

Well, my dad worked second shift, and missed most of my life growing up. So, I don't know what I felt, but it wasn't abandoned since I was already use to him not being around. My older brother OTOH was my primary "male" role model, since he was around much more often.

\
Well, some people sexually enjoy being defecated and/or urinated on, and maybe even consuming these bodily wastes. Some people are aroused by their partner being dressed in an animal outfit. Some people like being chained down and whipped. The world of sexual arousments and enjoyments is almost as varied and different as the people who walk down the street.

this is a sick world I do not belong here.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
this is a sick world I do not belong here.
Why is it a sick world? Because some people like rim jobs (licking the anus)? Sex is a wonderful thing, and can be enjoyed in it's many forms. Sex, when you take it as more than just an act, but as the wonderful, pleasant, and highly enjoyable bonding that it can be, no matter how odd, when it's odd, it's still really good. I've even had sex in front of someone else, and found it to be somewhat of a turn on. Ohhhh, and let's not forget angry sex. When your angry at each other, and want to strangle eachother, the sex just somehow becomes even better.
Come to think of it, I think it's weird that the Bible only has a problem with homosexual sex, and sex outside of marriage. But the countless other sexual activities that exist, two people of the same gender having sex is it.

Yes and this is where I am struggling, why am I being asked to disagree with someones sexuality? When infact I dont see anything wrong with it.
If i may comment: you don't have to struggle with anything, society has it's version and so does the bible -you simply choose. I think your first comment about 'gay don't choose to be gay' is incorrect, no one is born a homosexual. You adapt to that perhaps to satisfy an innate feeling or something -i know of many instances where people become gay for different kinds of reasons.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.”

Lynn Lavner

:rainbow1:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
it doesn't have any admonishments to homosexuals because were not permitted to live
Correction, those who committed homosexual acts were not allowed to live. Celibate homosexuals and those who lied to themselves and lived in heterosexual relationships were certainly allowed to live.

Fear of death is a very persuasive admonishment.

Enlighten

If i may comment: you don't have to struggle with anything, society has it's version and so does the bible -you simply choose. I think your first comment about 'gay don't choose to be gay' is incorrect, no one is born a homosexual. You adapt to that perhaps to satisfy an innate feeling or something -i know of many instances where people become gay for different kinds of reasons.

If I may respond, so everyone who is homosexual is liars then and are denying who they really are?

Please expand on these instances where people "become" gay, I have yet to see someone "become" gay all of a sudden so this really does confuse me.

Wannabe Yogi

I think it's weird that the Bible only has a problem with homosexual sex, and sex outside of marriage. But the countless other sexual activities that exist, two people of the same gender having sex is it.

Now let me get this straight. My fetish of mayonnaise,lizard suits and yodeling is ok as long as I engage in it with the opposite sex?

Whoa... what a relief.... I thought I was weird or something.