• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stressless Meditation

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The purpose of meditation is not to eliminate stress. Stress is unavoidable as a human being, and is in our nature as humans to experience the feelings.
Therefore no need to sweep anything under the rug simply pretending stress can be effectively eliminated, because It cant.

Meditation approaches feelings/flare-ups of stress head on and direct, which shouldn't side skirt into a fabricated bliss of permanency. Don't cheat yourself.

To avoid conflicts compared with what I typed in my earlier posting, should one notice this and misconstrue what I was attempting to relay, stress can however be normalised through meditation which effectively "eliminates" stress even when the feelings are still being experienced.

Last edited:

Justicate

Its useful to gather knowledge and technique on how to meditate and the right/wrong ways of meditation that others have documented, but ultimately meditation is a personal experience. What is the right way for one might be the wrong way for another.

The comment in this thread about expectation is insightful, when you expect to become enlightened, you are attempting to force the path you expect you should be taking. The beauty in meditation is allowing the path to be shaped by every blooming second of one's very personal and profound experience of existence. Meditation is all about honest and genuine self exploration - experiencing everything, anything, and nothing all at the same time.

Analyzing and dissecting meditation can turn what might be a beautiful exploration of the mystery of the universe and the self, into a distracting search for something that has nothing to do with meditation.

When in doubt on how to meditate, listen to the body, listen to the soul, focus on the breath, and please enjoy yourself :) Life is for living.

Morse

To Extinguish
When taking Taiji I was taught that Meditation is, ideally, complete Yin. It is utter receptiveness to your surroundings, with no force or tension (Yang). HOWEVER, as Justicate stated above, forcing the path is Yang. Yin is something that cannot be forced, but only attained by absence and awareness.

Stress will be there, but you mustn't fight to dissolve it, because that is Yang. Simply accept the stress for what it is and allow it to pass through you as if it were a ghost.

And the purpose of meditation? The state of no distinction, or extinguishment.

TurkeyOnRye

I only tend to meditate when I'm interested in meditating, which makes it pretty easy and successful. I figure, why act?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Empty,

The one hand claps even when am writing this post.

In between consciousness keeps shifting between mind and no-mind depending on the need of the HERE-NOW!

Love & rgds