• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strange sounds.

holy_frank

Today my wife was at work and my kids were at school when I was hearing strange sounds coming from the basement in my house. The lights flickered on and off and I have only just changed the lights recently. This happened hours ago now.

Last night I heard a slight amount of wimpering come from the basement and no one was even there. Me or my family don't sleep in the basement.

Only about two years ago I was doing some washing in the basement laundry and I saw a quick flash of what seemed to be a white figure but as I took a second look it was gone, it was late in the afternoon when this happened from what I can remember.

Our dog Andy sometimes barks for no reason and it just glares at a tree or at a wall when there is clearly nothing there.

Has anyone encountered anything similar to what I have explained? What could it mean? I am sure it is nothing but it is creeping me out a bit to be honest. I am probably just being paranoid.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
Today my wife was at work and my kids were at school when I was hearing strange sounds coming from the basement in my house. The lights flickered on and off and I have only just changed the lights recently. This happened hours ago now.

Last night I heard a slight amount of wimpering come from the basement and no one was even there. Me or my family don't sleep in the basement.

Only about two years ago I was doing some washing in the basement laundry and I saw a quick flash of what seemed to be a white figure but as I took a second look it was gone, it was late in the afternoon when this happened from what I can remember.

Our dog Andy sometimes barks for no reason and it just glares at a tree or at a wall when there is clearly nothing there.

Has anyone encountered anything similar to what I have explained? What could it mean? I am sure it is nothing but it is creeping me out a bit to be honest. I am probably just being paranoid.

they are jinns. i am not alone at home either. just don't be scared and in case they appear don't look them in the eyes. keep your house clean, always keep bathroom door closed, always keep dirty clothes in a closed box, don't pour fresh boiling water into sinks, don't try to communicate with them, according to divine law you are the authority of that house, not them. i can tell more but not sure if you want...anyways..don't be afraid, if you know how to say Allahu Akbar, say it to them when you meet them. it is OK, they are everywhere, always been.

A

angellous_evangellous

I haven't watched that movie, but I suspect angellous is kidding with you. I'd be more inclined to read up on Dr. Michael Persinger's work about predisposition to lower right temporal lobe epilepsy.

Nah, I'm quite serious. I loved the movie. The devil works in mysterious ways - as they say.

I'm not convinced that Mr. Frank has the aptitude for a complex scientific work (I have no way to measure it - I say it out of ignorance, not spite) ... but perhaps seeing the consequences of the paranormal will convince him to seek some help, should he be convinced that what he's dealing with is evil.

A

angellous_evangellous

they are jinns. i am not alone at home either. just don't be scared and in case they appear don't look them in the eyes. keep your house clean, always keep bathroom door closed, always keep dirty clothes in a closed box, don't pour fresh boiling water into sinks, don't try to communicate with them, according to divine law you are the authority of that house, not them. i can tell more but not sure if you want...anyways..don't be afraid, if you know how to say Allahu Akbar, say it to them when you meet them. it is OK, they are everywhere, always been.

holy cow

A

angellous_evangellous

What bothers me is hearing whimpering and especially seeing flashes of light... two key signs IMHO of a mental illness.

Jayell

Jayell

I saw a quick flash of what seemed to be a white figure but as I took a second look it was gone,

Has anyone encountered anything similar to what I have explained? What could it mean? I am sure it is nothing but it is creeping me out a bit to be honest.
First, submit yourself to God then you can resist these demons and they will flee from you.

.lava

Veteran Member
What do you think it might be?

IMO it is a creature that belongs to other dimension but that's not to say it is a demon. a person who follows satan is demonic, same with them as it is same with humans. you're not asking me but i thought i should answer cos i agree with te_lanus.

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
Holy_Frank, have you been reading The Tome of Eternal Darkness? If so you may have brought Mantorok into your world, and you will have to work to defeat him. Fair warning, though, few people survive that struggle, and those that do rarely have their sanity intact.

Seriously, though, that was the best game on the Gamecube.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
First, submit yourself to God then you can resist these demons and they will flee from you.
I think I'm gonna go with this answer...
Nah, the paranoia one sounds more reasonable. Basements (and attics, hell, houses in general) make strange sounds often, lights flicker, and people see glimpses of things out of the corner of their eyes all the time. Nothing paranormal or remarkable at all.
But dogs barking at nothing? Next you'll tell me the cat stares at things that aren't there. Creepy. :sarcastic

Just_me_Mike

I haven't watched that movie, but I suspect angellous is kidding with you. I'd be more inclined to read up on Dr. Michael Persinger's work about predisposition to lower right temporal lobe epilepsy.
Oh my I don't know why this made me laugh but it did. I know you were being serious, but oh well... :shrug: