• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

STONING Jesus in 2010

drsatish

[FONT=&quot]STONING Jesus in 2010.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This post was inspired by stlekee's reply to the post [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"FISH - What else is life?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Speaking metaphorically, the gist/essence of what he said is [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] "Folks are Stoning Jesus in 2010."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ..just like he was being stoned...in A.D 30? 40?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://bible.cc/john/8-59.htm[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.apocalipsis.org/difficulties/slunkaround.htm[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am the Juggernaut! I don't CARE!.... about...this way or That![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Satish[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

stlekee

Fool for Wisdom
drsatish, you have an interesting way of putting things.

My point is that many christians seem to want to ignore Jesus and focus on Christ. The difference being Jesus lived and taught how to live life with love towards all people, towards self and towards God. He also taught a non-materialist lifestyle: he was basically unemployed and homeless. But he was not discouraged by his circumstances, in fact he encouraged everyone else to follow his example. How strange this seems to us; to give up our possessions and experience life in abundance. This is his message of salvation and this is the Jesus we continue to 'stone'. This message is still not acceptable.

So instead we create a 'Christ', totally removed from the man Jesus, a Christ human sacrifice to God. A story full of myth and magic, a Christ equal to God, divinity in human form. And we choose to believe this story with all its unbelievability, instead of the simple, believable story of an unemployed, homeless man who rejoiced in having nothing.

Go figure

stlekee

Fool for Wisdom
and with all the parables he spoke he was quite possibly insane

Or the prototype of humanities highest potential. I can see attacking religion, even the concept of God, but there's not much to argue against Jesus' teachings on humanity.

Blackdog22

Or the prototype of humanities highest potential. I can see attacking religion, even the concept of God, but there's not much to argue against Jesus' teachings on humanity.

One could take the stance that Jesus had an incredible ego. He speaks of coming in the clouds, when asked if he is the messiah he responds, " I am who you say I am," and finally one of his teachings say that families will be torn apart in his name, father against son, and mother against daughter. You would have to have a pretty big ego to suggest that people will abandon their own family because of you.

Honestly his teachings sound like something any cultist would teach. A loving message, but some real bizarre personality disorders thrown in and a high focus on themselves over others.

stlekee

Fool for Wisdom
One could take the stance that Jesus had an incredible ego. He speaks of coming in the clouds, when asked if he is the messiah he responds, " I am who you say I am," and finally one of his teachings say that families will be torn apart in his name, father against son, and mother against daughter. You would have to have a pretty big ego to suggest that people will abandon their own family because of you.

Honestly his teachings sound like something any cultist would teach. A loving message, but some real bizarre personality disorders thrown in and a high focus on themselves over others.

I have to agree therre are some bizarre things attributed to Jesus. There has been a lot of thought and speculation as to the 'real' Jesus. Here's a bit of history; Thomas Jefferson spent a lot of time and energy pondering this exact situation. Here's a link
Jefferson Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

drsatish

drsatish, you have an interesting way of putting things.

My point is that many christians seem to want to ignore Jesus and focus on Christ. The difference being Jesus lived and taught how to live life with love towards all people, towards self and towards God. He also taught a non-materialist lifestyle: he was basically unemployed and homeless. But he was not discouraged by his circumstances, in fact he encouraged everyone else to follow his example. How strange this seems to us; to give up our possessions and experience life in abundance. This is his message of salvation and this is the Jesus we continue to 'stone'. This message is still not acceptable.

So instead we create a 'Christ', totally removed from the man Jesus, a Christ human sacrifice to God. A story full of myth and magic, a Christ equal to God, divinity in human form. And we choose to believe this story with all its unbelievability, instead of the simple, believable story of an unemployed, homeless man who rejoiced in having nothing.

Go figure

Love is All

Love is the Question, the Problem, the Riddle, the Answer, the Solution...

Love is Coherence, Recognition, Harmony and.....the Final Truth!

Love is the Positive Force in Universal Design/Existence/Non-Design.

Love is Good.

Love is Beautiful.

Love is Pleasant.

Love is Exhilarating!

&

IT COSTS NOTHING!

Love is the UNITING FORCE between SENTIENT BEINGS...!

Sentient Beings ARE BORN to work this out.....simple and final.

But What is Love?

It is NOT Dating, or Marriage or Sex or Even Family...or Even Fame and Gold!

It is the Opposite of Jealousy, Hatred, Superciliousness, All-Knowing-All-Having-Me-Superior-ness..

It is the Opposite of GROUPISM....
..If you IDENTIFY with ANY GROUP on EARTH...
..you are Already Lost!

It is the Opposite of Gang Wars.

It is the Opposite of Race Wars.

It is the Opposite of Color Wars.

It is the Opposite of Money Wars.

It is the Opposite of Military and its Rationalized Uses.

It is the Opposite of SELFISH RATIONAL LOGIC!

Enlightenment is Love!

The Core of Spiritual Truth is Love!

"God" is Love!

Love is the "invisible" "neutrino" in ALL Religions..

Religious views on love - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All You Need Is Love - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All You Need Is Love Lyrics The Beatles
Love For All, Hatred For None
Neutrino - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Love is THE "God Particle."
Higgs boson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When do you Intend to Love?
Satish

Renji

Not only it is Jesus that is being "stoned" right now, but also his followers, (the Christians).... I can't remember how many times some people call the Christians as 'ignorant' or 'hypocrites' because of their convictions. It is so sad to see that some people actually 'downgrade' us because of our beliefs...

drsatish

I AM THAT

I Am That - Works of Sankaracharya, Advaita Vedanta and Hindu Sacred Scriptures
I Am statements of Jesus
Satcitananda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is the Greatest & Final TRUTH which ANY Sentient Being in the Whole Universe can SAY ...at ANY POINT in TIME & SPACE!
(including those little Greenies, Reptilians.....)

Reptilians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A-Z Of Alien Species
ALIENS
Known Types of Aliens and Races

EVEN EXTREMELY ADVANCED CIVILIZATIONS as per Kardashev scale
Kardashev scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When one "truly" says "I AM THAT"
it is
the Very OPPOSITE
of
Self-Centered-Ness,
Selfishness,
Egoism,
Egotism,
Ego-Maniacism,
Megalo-Maniacism...
Glorification...
..of
You..
Yourself
Your Name
Your Image
Your Sex
Your Occupation
Your Palaces, Gold Bricks, Golden Crockery, Golden Transport Mechanisms..

WHY?
There are 2 KINDS of "I" ....the Very Reason WHY Universe EXISTS!

One "i"...is a little Ant "i"...

Satish

Not only it is Jesus that is being "stoned" right now, but also his followers, (the Christians)

Cultural backlash isn't anywhere near the same as a "stoning." Nobody has the right to be thought highly of just because they feel their beliefs entitle them to higher social acclaim.

Blackdog22

Sure thing. I'm just saying that one should always treat others belief fairly.

I agree with this as well, but saying that your belief is under attack is a little petty. Sure, your belief is under attack by someone, but so is every other belief on the planet ever. So don't be so quick to think you are being singled out in anyway. As a matter of fact the Christian religion is the biggest religion on our planet, you are in no way a minority that has anything to worry about, that would be for the less known religions, Satanism for example. They are a minority and are hated by a lot of people, so are witches. I can bet you don't treat them with the same respect you think your deserve though.

Renji

I agree with this as well, but saying that your belief is under attack is a little petty. Sure, your belief is under attack by someone, but so is every other belief on the planet ever. So don't be so quick to think you are being singled out in anyway. As a matter of fact the Christian religion is the biggest religion on our planet, you are in no way a minority that has anything to worry about, that would be for the less known religions, Satanism for example. They are a minority and are hated by a lot of people, so are witches. I can bet you don't treat them with the same respect you think your deserve though.

I'm just using Christianity as an example but that is exactly what my point is...

jumpingjoy

If Jesus was alive today, I doubt his message would be anymore palatable to the religious right-wing than it was when he was treading the boards 2000 years ago.