• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoneman Douglas Student Fires Back At Ingraham

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Stoneman Douglas survivor David Hogg reported to TMZ that of seven colleges he had applied to, three accepted him and four rejected him.

Fox's Laura Ingraham then tweeted “David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it.

Hogg's response was to tweet, “Soooo Laura Ingraham, what are your biggest advertisers … Asking for a friend.”

Roughly half an hour later, Hogg had made a list of her sponsors himself, and he posted the following tweet listing them, which was promptly retweeted tens of thousands of times in the first few hours after it was posted - an example of an increasingly common and effective tactic - boycott via social media - used against Bill O'Reilly and the NRA. Ingraham has since apologized.

Was he out of line, was she, both, or neither :

Last edited:

suncowiam

David Hogg actually has a 4.1 GPA.

What's the point of highlighting David's rejection? Is that any where in the vicinity of the original gun control topic which I'm assuming is the reason for the discussion in the first place? Or did it just get personal between an adult and a kid?

She has the right to express herself but I'm not seeing any else beyond it other than just slandering of a teenager. If it was an actual logical argument on gun control, then I can respect that but it wasn't.

Aldrnari

Good. :)

BS needs to be called out for it's BS. I'm not so sure she would be so thoughtful or apologetic if her pocket book wasn't on the line.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What's the point of highlighting David's rejection? Is that any where in the vicinity of the original gun control topic which I'm assuming is the reason for the discussion in the first place? Or did it just get personal between an adult and a kid? She has the right to express herself but I'm not seeing any else beyond it other than just slandering of a teenager. If it was an actual logical argument on gun control, then I can respect that but it wasn't.

This appears to be pure mean-spiritedness in the Ann Coulter tradition. Many on the right have treated these young people shabbily. You might have seen Santorum's dismissive advice for the kids to the kids to quit looking to others to solve their problems and learn CPR instead ::

How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that,”

Marie Antoinette Santorum: Let Them Learn CPR!

I'm not so sure she would be so thoughtful or apologetic if her pocket book wasn't on the line.

It's a safe bet that you're correct. Her apology was probably self-serving, not an act of contrition. People who say such things are not decent.