• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still lurking

King Phenomenon

I think the first building blocks of life are still around as we speak and that their infinitesimal to the eye. Unfortunately they’ll never be discovered in our lifetime because their to small. Haha we’re probably living with the thing right under our noses we’ve been trying to discover all along.

So you’re gonna tell me that 5 billion years ago the beginning building blocks of life just stopped existing? I don’t think so iMO. Their still around

MikeF

Premium Member
I think the first building blocks of life are still around as we speak and that their infinitesimal to the eye. Unfortunately they’ll never be discovered in our lifetime because their to small. Haha we’re probably living with the thing right under our noses we’ve been trying to discover all along.

So you’re gonna tell me that 5 billion years ago the beginning building blocks of life just stopped existing? I don’t think so iMO. Their still around

First let's acknowledge that the surface of the earth is continually changing, to include the amount of any particular element or compound. Given that, let's say that precursors that were necessary for abiogenesis are around today. One factor you have to account for is that those precursors are now potential resources for organisms that currently exist. There no longer remains a competition free environment in which any precursor molecules can percolate unmolested in the off chance abiogenesis will happen again.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

You seem to be assuming that those building blocks somehow were not incorporated into actual living organisms.

I have no idea about why.

King Phenomenon

First let's acknowledge that the surface of the earth is continually changing, to include the amount of any particular element or compound. Given that, let's say that precursors that were necessary for abiogenesis are around today. One factor you have to account for is that those precursors are now potential resources for organisms that currently exist. There no longer remains a competition free environment in which any precursor molecules can percolate unmolested in the off chance abiogenesis will happen again.
I disagree. I’m talking about the realm to small to be detected.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Those building blocks are still around?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

That would require recreating the early environment and atmosphere which doesn't exist today , but I'm sure if they find the right conditions to be duplicated in the lab, it could probably happen.

King Phenomenon

You seem to be assuming that those building blocks somehow were not incorporated into actual living organisms.

I have no idea about why.
I think that whatever “triggered” that first “spark” didn’t just one day vanish. I believe those initial, for lack of a better word “sparks” are still being created and destroyed today

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I think that whatever “triggered” that first “spark” didn’t just one day vanish. I believe those initial, for lack of a better word “sparks” are still being created and destroyed today
Again: are we talking fiction, or are we not?

If the earlier, you make the rules and they can be self-contradictory.

If the later, then we need some sort of hypothesis to consider and perhaps find ways to falsify so that there is a chance to make it less than fully speculative. That hypothesis would need to, among other things, attempt to describe, delimit and characterize those building blocks you speak with.

Me, I think that those building blocks ought to be simple primitive organic molecules, and therefore would be entirely undetectable if not inexistent these days.

Apparently you are conceiving something else, but you still need to tell us what that would be before meaningful commentary can be given.

King Phenomenon

That would require recreating the early environment and atmosphere which doesn't exist today , but I'm sure if they find the right conditions to be duplicated in the lab, it could probably happen.
Again: are we talking fiction, or are we not?

If the earlier, you make the rules and they can be self-contradictory.

If the later, then we need some sort of hypothesis to consider and perhaps find ways to falsify so that there is a chance to make it less than fully speculative. That hypothesis would need to, among other things, attempt to describe, delimit and characterize those building blocks you speak with.

Me, I think that those building blocks ought to be simple primitive organic molecules, and therefore would be entirely undetectable if not inexistent these days.

Apparently you are conceiving something else, but you still need to tell us what that would be before meaningful commentary can be given.
I’m no scientist and furthermore like I said their infinitesimal so Unfortunately it’s a not even a hypothesis because it’s untestable

MikeF

Premium Member
I disagree. I’m talking about the realm to small to be detected.

The precursors that may have resulted in first life are simply composed of elements, elements that are still around, just in different associations and concentrations. Not a matter of realms, or detectability. Simply scattered about doing different things now.

King Phenomenon

The precursors that may have resulted in first life are simply composed of elements, elements that are still around, just in different associations and concentrations. Not a matter of realms, or detectability. Simply scattered about doing different things now.
Ok. I agree. Doesn’t really follow our conversation