• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Statistical Evidence that Evolution and Religion are Accepted

LittleNipper

It's always amusing to see creationists argue that tectonic plates can just flow around the globe over incredibly short periods of time, and that entire mountain ranges can form during the same period.

Apparently the fact that such geologic activity would generate enough heat to boil off the oceans many times over (and of course nuke all life, including Noah et al.) seems to never occur to them.

But then, reality never was a friend of creationists.

I don't wish to insult you, but if one believes in GOD, one certainly has no problem with such minor considerations.

LittleNipper

The problem I always see with evolutionists, is that they cannot understand the concept that GOD created a grown man and didn't nurse an infant. They simply refuse to apply this logic to the creation of our planet and the entire Universe.

GOD created a complete ecological system in one week. How long it would take "nature" to do the very same is anyone's guess ---- but I do not consider such (nature did it) as logical.

LittleNipper

Yes, reality is a minor consideration for most theists.

:biglaugh:

I slay me!!

And what is reality? That life simply happened but scientists cannot duplicate it? :areyoucra That Mount Saint Helens was an ecological disaster that would take a thousand years to heal and yet ten years or so worked wonders... :sarcasticPS > You slay me too!

Last edited:

linwood

And ignorant generalizations are too frequent among too many atheists.

I understand you`re a person who lacks humor Jay but I am surprised that a scholar such as yourself would entirely miss something as important as "content".

Unless of course he was simply trying to rush as quickly as he could to a judgment that is obviously false when that content is considered.

But you`re not known for doing anything as asinine as that in this forum.

Are you?

linwood

Let's see ...... the content to be respected as important is to be found where?

Lets see, well..right here in the part that you clipped out.

Yes, reality is a minor consideration for most theists.

:biglaugh:

I slay me!!
I know you`re old Jay and this is new stuff so pay attention.

You see that little graphic of the blue headed smiley face guy cracking up is known as an emoticon.
See definition here...Emoticon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An emoticon is a textual portrayal of a writer's mood or facial expression. They are often used to alert a responder to the tenor or temper of a statement, and can change and improve interpretation of plain text. The word is a portmanteau of the English words emotion (or emote) and icon. In web forums, instant messengers and online games, text emoticons are often automatically replaced with small corresponding images, which came to be called emoticons as well. Examples of widely known emoticons are the smiley face :) and the frowny face :(
The little blue guy cracking up is a contextual clue that calls to the attention of the attentive reader that the comment it is attached to is intended to be humorous.

The hyper exclamation of "I slay me!!"(notice the multiple exclamation points)further leads the atttentive reader to conclude that the writer is aware that the joke wasn`t all that funny in a self depreciating manner.

In other words I wasn`t being serious Jay.

Lighten up.

Last edited:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I have no problems accepting ToE and believing in creationism. I have seen nothing that says they cannot both be true.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I have no problems accepting ToE and believing in creationism. I have seen nothing that says they cannot both be true.
How are you defining “creationism”?

If by this term you mean simply that “God” is the creator, then I agree that there is no contradiction. However the term often carries with it a great deal of dogmatic baggage concerning how “God” created (as well as when and what “God” created”). These details are often in direct conflict with scientific understanding.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
fantôme profane;1698089 said:
How are you defining “creationism”?

If by this term you mean simply that “God” is the creator, then I agree that there is no contradiction.

We are in agreement then.