• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Startling issue about my yidam/ishta-devata is arising

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The same rule for singing the bell is what you use for the bowls. This video here down the page on this link explains the technique:

How To Play Tibetan Singing Bowls

Plus if you're interested this is a really nice use of a 'tuned' large set. I have one large one myself, and to say the least, playing several is like playing water. Hard to describe. It's quite natural and organinc:

[youtube]rOFTDCoxedc[/youtube]
Singing Bowl Meditation: Crown Chakra Set - YouTube

Oh my gods, that's great. I can download that and convert it to an mp3 to play and meditate with, even loop it (Youtube Dowloader is a great free and legal product). There are some other YT vids like it I never paid much attention to. Project time! :D

Yes, not be disrupted during meditation is important! If you are 'out there', so to speak, your mind is like a kite in the clouds and your body on the ground. To get disrupted in that state can leave you rattled for a long time, to say the least.

When I'm disturbed it ticks me off no end, which kind of defeats the purpose of meditation. :rolleyes: