• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

starting a NRM: advice please!

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
View attachment 63983

But you know that's fake because you have a psychological condition.

You know you are fake, and are willing to propagate a fake religion knowing it's fake.
We are obviously using different definitions of the term Messiah Complex

You see it as a disorder

I see it as a personality type

I have a more personal definition

And I am honest about it

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
View attachment 63983

But you know that's fake because you have a psychological condition.

You know you are fake, and are willing to propagate a fake religion knowing it's fake.
In the future I will make an OP about this and will tag you in on it

I have a different definition of Messiah Complex to you

I see it as a personality type not a disorder

I believe I have been chosen as I have the skills and personality of a Messiah

Which is what I mean by Messiah Complex

firedragon

Veteran Member
We are obviously using different definitions of the term Messiah Complex

You see it as a disorder

I see it as a personality type

Hmm. So you are making up a bogus definition based on "I see it as..." while it is a term used by some psychologists, ust to make a mockery to feel good. Nice.

Even if its a personality type and you have it, you know you have it, and you know you are fake, but are still go about lying to people that you are a true messiah to start a bogus religion you know is bogus. ;)

In the future I will make an OP about this and will tag you in on it

Oh that's alright. Better not to engage with such delusion.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Hmm. So you are making up a bogus definition based on "I see it as..." while it is a term used by some psychologists, ust to make a mockery to feel good. Nice.

Even if its a personality type and you have it, you know you have it, and you know you are fake, but are still go about lying to people that you are a true messiah to start a bogus religion you know is bogus. ;)

Oh that's alright. Better not to engage with such delusion.
I do not believe I am fake

I believe I am very much the real deal

I therefore believe the NRM in question is authentic

You may think it's fake and that's fine

But I have been nothing but honest

I believe I was adopted for this task

Because of my personality and skills

The NRM will be founded on truth

And honesty

It will be in no way bogus

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So you know you have a Messiah Complex which is a psychological condition which is an oxymoron by default. If you have a Messiah complex, you cannot know you have a Messiah complex.

And you say you know you have a mental health problem, a delusion, which means you are a fake messiah, but you are still gonna propagate it. ;)

First it's just nonsensical, an oxymoron, and it's an intentional deception if you have the capability to know that you are a mental patient with a delusion which you are planning to propagate intentionally.
It's interesting to see the sausage get made, isn't it?

With established religions, the fog of time often obscures just how bizarre it is to found a religion. Occasionally, new religious movements slap us in the face on this point by giving us a glimpse at hiw things probably were in the early days of one's favourite centuries-old religion.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I do not believe I am fake

I believe I am very much the real deal

I therefore believe the NRM in question is authentic

You may think it's fake and that's fine

But I have been nothing but honest

I believe I was adopted for this task

Because of my personality and skills

The NRM will be founded on truth

And honesty

It will be in no way bogus

Delusional. You know you are lying, but are pretending and lying more about it. Knowing you are lying, and fake, making up words based on "I see it as" explanations neglecting psychologists. A mental charlatan.

Very good.

Ciao.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Delusional. You know you are lying, but are pretending and lying more about it. Knowing you are lying, and fake, making up words based on "I see it as" explanations neglecting psychologists. A mental charlatan.

Very good.

Ciao.
Am I delusional or am I lying?????

I cannot be both, make your mind up

And I am not lying I am a prophetic individual who has to use society's concepts as best he can

People do think I have a messiah complex but I think I can appropriate the term so that it refers to prophetic individuals such as my self as opposed to people with a certain set of delusions

I will make an OP about this later today

firedragon

Veteran Member
Am I delusional or am I lying?????

I cannot be both, make your mind up

You can be deluded about something and a liar.

But you cant be having a psychological condition and "know you have it" like you have been repeating. Thats the real oxymoron.

So as you said, "Make your mind up". :)

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
You can be deluded about something and a liar.

But you cant be having a psychological condition and "know you have it" like you have been repeating. Thats the real oxymoron.

So as you said, "Make your mind up". :)
I disagree that one cannot self consciously have a Messiah Complex

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Of course you do. Because you are God, and the psychologists who discussed this are themselves mad and stupid. You know better.
I do not think I am God

I don't think I even believe in God

I am "agnostic but no"

And I believe fully in my own existence

And the psychiatrists do their job very well considering it is not their job to understand people, I have no complaints about the medical profession, it is what it is. A diagnostic bureaucracy with pills

firedragon

Veteran Member
I do not think I am God

I don't think I even believe in God

I am "agnostic but no"

And I believe fully in my own existence

And the psychiatrists do their job very well considering it is not their job to understand people, I have no complaints about the medical profession, it is what it is. A diagnostic bureaucracy with pills

Psychologists, not psychiatrists.

Anyway, your point here is like "I embrace a word out of the dictionary but the author of the dictionary is bogus".

Nonsensical.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Psychologists, not psychiatrists.

Anyway, your point here is like "I embrace a word out of the dictionary but the author of the dictionary is bogus".

Nonsensical.
Yes, my bad

What I wanted to do was to appropriate the term to change it from something negative to something more positive

As I explained in the other thread

Which I will respond to later

Fallen Prophet

So...

Me and a friend of mine (possibly me and two friends if we can get another person on board) have decided we are going to start a New Religious Movement...

We all have Messiah Complexes so I think we could put together a decent NRM :D

And I mean a New Religious Movement, not a cult

We don't want anyone's money and we don't want to control people or anything like that - that is not our business!

There are some issues I think we will face that I would like to ask the great wisdom of RF about:

1) After we have decided what is true, where do we go from there?
2) What topics should a comprehensive exposition of our movement's beliefs cover?
3) How can we ensure that it doesn't morph into a cult?
4) Any ideas what to do with it re: social media and all that business?

That's it for now, I may post some more questions sometime in the future

Thanks in advance for any help :)
My advice is to not do this at all.

It will only end badly for you and anyone who becomes involved.