• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars (episode III)

drekmed

dont think Coruscant has been mentioned yet, the jedi temple isn't there, and im pretty sure it isn't the capitol anymore. although, i know it will wake a long time to reclaim and rebuild it, everything was pretty much destroyed.

read Star by Star yet Luke Wolf?

The Black Whirlwind

Luke Wolf said:
I dont want to spoil it for those who haven't read it, but I am still upset over the character that dies in the vary first book saving Han's son.
I haven't finished all the NJO books yet, but does anyone know what becomes of Corusant after the Yuzhan Vong leave?
they kind of left it open ended luke, they said that it would probabaly become a memorial to all the vong carnage, but everything that was there, everything human was destroyed, so i doubt there will be anyone going back. their current capital is in Mon Calamari if i am not mistaken. i hate the author of the first NJO book, he killed off chewie, and chewie is my favorite charachter. ***. I've read all the NJO books, except Ylesia, because it was an e-book.

BTW, there is a new triolgy of books, about some alien bugs from the unknown regions.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, so much for not spoiling who dies. I was so upset when Chewie died that it took me a few weeks to get unp***** enough at the book to pick it up again.
I think I've read Star by Star. Isn't that the one with Zekk, Tenal Ka, Lowie, and other minor characters from the Young Jedi series. I think thats what the series is called.

LongGe123

Drekmed, I'll tell you what blasphemy is - THE DAMNED BOOKS! Of course I've read some of them, I would never make such brash statements about complete unknowns. I read them cause I thought they'd be cool, but they're just rubbish. For me, the story is and always will be the movies - They tell a dramatic tale of love and war, with a few big space battles thrown in. These books take it too far!

A

angellous_evangellous

Todd said:
Nobody has posted in the Religious Media forum in quite some time, so I thought I would. Anyway, I just saw Star Wars Episode III for the umpteen millionth time (I'm a big fan of the series). I just can't get ofer how Chancellor Palpatine tempts Anakin Skywalker to the dark side of the force. He's very convincing (maybe it's just the wine speaking :D). To me, the guy who plays Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious is what makes the movie good. What did yall think of the movie Star Wars (episode III)? Were there any religious or political conotations?
You bet! Do you know anything about Star Wars? The entire movie saga is a reflection on a dualistic (light/dark) religion and the fall of a democratic Republic to a autocratic Empire modeled after the fall of the Roman Empire's democracy under Julius Caesar (who, incidentally, was murdered by his own senators, just like the Emperor in Episode 6).

Not only are there religious and political overtones, but some of them are highly specific. Take Obi-Wan and Vader's dialouge at the end of Episode 3: Anikan says "If you are not with me, then you're my enemy" Obi says "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"If you are not with me, then you're my enemy" - Lucas admitted that he took this line straight from Shrub's war-mongering statements before the current war.

Obi says "Only the Sith deal in absolutes." - Surely a reflection on the American arrogance reflected by the above statement, but also includes a sly punch to Konservative Kristians who are konserned about absolute truth.

Master Vigil

Jedi = good, God, heaven, all things good
Sith = devil, evil, all things bad. Like someone said, it's a bit like Taoism/Daoism.
You are correct that it is much like Taoism (and buddhism as well), however, your understanding of the religious aspects in star wars does confuse me as to how you think it is like taoism. There is no god, heaven, and all things good in Taoism. Nor is there devil, evil and all things bad in Taoism.