• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual Enlightenment: what is it/what it is.

Humans don't know much. You know this much. To know more, a human must investigate, rather than simply offer up opinions, theorize, and imagine.
Many say that nobody can know certain things. They say this because they, themselves, don't know certain things.
Spiritual Enlightenment transcends being human as humans know being human.
It is the means by which a human becomes superhuman.
The approach to Godhood, while still in physical form.

Would you like to know what Enlightenment is? What it's about? What it's like?
Rather than simply ridicule and abuse anyone daring to suggest he knows?

Ask.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Humans don't know much. You know this much. To know more, a human must investigate, rather than simply offer up opinions, theorize, and imagine.
Many say that nobody can know certain things. They say this because they, themselves, don't know certain things.
Spiritual Enlightenment transcends being human as humans know being human.
It is the means by which a human becomes superhuman.
The approach to Godhood, while still in physical form.

Would you like to know what Enlightenment is? What it's about? What it's like?
Rather than simply ridicule and abuse anyone daring to suggest he knows?

Ask.

enlightenment

For Love, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of Love in the face of Jesus Christ.

the glory of love on the face of anyone and everyone shines from a loving heart enlightened.

For this people's heart has grown dull[dumb], and with their ears they can barely hear[deaf], and their eyes they have closed[blind], lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand[enlightenment] with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’

see? understand?

And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light.

In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.

[ The Angel and the Little Scroll ] Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

Last edited:
enlightenment

For Love, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of Love in the face of Jesus Christ.

the glory of love on the face of anyone and everyone shines from a loving heart enlightened.

For this people's heart has grown dull[dumb], and with their ears they can barely hear[deaf], and their eyes they have closed[blind], lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand[enlightenment] with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’

see? understand?

And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light.

In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.

[ The Angel and the Little Scroll ] Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

If this was a question, it didn't succeed. If it was communication, it didn't succeed either. Try again?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
It's not like anything else. Nothing resembles it in any way. If you can imagine it, you haven't imagined it.

And so, the circular reasoning, a la everything can be subjective if you want it to be, goes on.

124111-Albert-Einstein-Quote-The-moon-does-not-simply-disappear-when-we.jpg

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Love is non-action. If it is action, it is not love.

the spirit moves upon the waters and a new heaven and earth becomes. the ABSOLUTE is perfection in permanent impermanence.

non-action to suffering is depraved indifference

love is the mystery of all mysteries, it's depths cannot be plumbed.

non-action to suffering is depraved indifference
One could counter:
Non-action towards the illusion of suffering, is one manifestation of enlightenment.
There is no suffering beyond life, no life beyond suffering; life is suffering, until the illusion is put aside.
But this is not the spirit of the thread.
Enlightenment includes the realization that no human concern is even Real.
Best not to react to phantoms.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
One could counter:
Non-action towards the illusion of suffering, is one manifestation of enlightenment.
There is no suffering beyond life, no life beyond suffering; life is suffering, until the illusion is put aside.
But this is not the spirit of the thread.
Enlightenment includes the realization that no human concern is even Real.
Best not to react to phantoms.

In the Way of Heaven, there is no partiality of love; it is always
on the side of the good man.

Therefore he who would administer the kingdom, honouring it as he
honours his own person, may be employed to govern it, and he who would
administer it with the love which he bears to his own person may be
entrusted with it.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

I think Lao Tzu would find that modern research into the distinction between the implicit mind and the explicit mind quite valid and useful. A main point of this distinction is to amplify the idea that humans have many skills and much awareness that cannot (yet), be expressed verbally.

I'm a big fan of Lao Tzu, I think he'd welcome such cognitive science exploration.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What you seem to refer to IS Heaven and all that is in Heaven. All is part of it, with the sole exception of human ego.
heaven is a formed thing. all things formed will become un-informed at the singularity. basically latent consciousness. rest or motion

(Conceived of as) having no name, it is the Originator of heaven
and earth; (conceived of as) having a name, it is the Mother of all
things.

Last edited: