• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spirit of rejection

Heneni

Miss Independent
There has been many threads lately about demons and satan. But id like to focus on particular spirits. Familiar spirits for one, like to stay in families and one of those is the spirit of rejection.

I'll start by giving you a list of posible situation that could lead to the spirit of rejection operating in someone's life.

1. Fathers who dont show love and affection to their daughters, prompting them to search for comfort and approval from other men

2. Loss of identity due to comparing and competing brothers and sisters

3. Mothers who fail to nurture their families, leaving a great void that is passed to future generations.

4. Fathers who dont validate their sons, causing them to look for approval elsewhere, rarely finding it and the son is left growing up insecure.

5. Fathers and mothers who dont give their children enough quality time, so the children grow up with a diminished sense of personal value.

6. Sexual abuse followed by the rejection of the abuser for the abused.

It is not hard to see how children who grow up with an element of rejection in their lives, have many difficult hurdles to get over when they become adults.

The person who has been rejected feels somehow less worthy, unvalued, useless, depressed. Their behaviour ranges anything from complete withdrawel from society due to the fact that they feel they are not really part of it, never feeling part of the world of their mothers and fathers either, to the complete opposite, which is someone who wants to be in the limelight, fearing that the light will go off, and the attention will fade.

The spirit of rejection started its journey way back in the garden, when adam and eve rejected the command of god.

There is a lot to learn from how they dealt with it. They hid themselves, like most people who feel rejected do. Some want to fade into the woodworks lest their shame of being rejected be known, most become really good at covering themselves up with fig leaves.

The spirit of rejection is a spirit which has, in my opinion the most damaging consequences on society. Rejection causes hurt...and hurt..as i will describe later...leads to pride and pride leads to a fall.

Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
Words from Erich Fromm...

Today we come across and individual who behaves like an automaton, who does not know or understand himself, and the only person that he knows is the person that he is suppose to be, whose meaningless chatter has replaced communicative speech, whoose synthetic smile has replaced genuine laughter, and whose sense of dull despair has taken the place of genuine pain. Two statements may be said concerning this individual. One is that he suffers from defects of spontaneity and individuality which seems to be incurable. At the same time it may be said of him he does not differ essentially from the millions of the rest of us who walk upon this earth.

He sums the human condition up quite well i think. And its closely related to the spirit of rejection.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Pride and unbelief is birthed when the spirit of rejection enters the life of someone.

The person who has been rejected feels that they need constant assurance that they are not as bad as they feel. Looking for approval from others is overwhelming....though they will deny that they care about the very people who they seek approval from.

Very often, when a person has found a group of friends where they feel accepted...they dont trust the fellowship of those they spend their time with.

Giving love and feeling love is a huge hurdle.

When someone has been hurt by rejection, any critisism will be met with hostility. Critisism is seen as an attempt to make them feel even worse about themselves than they already do.

Rebellion sets in. And in order to continue such a rebellion the person has to cut himself of from healthy emotions. They have to kill the person inside...its the only way to not feel the hurt.

Eventually there is very little that can make entrance into the heart of the rejected, having killed their heart, they only depend on survival by hurting those who hurt them...it becomes the survival of 'me' at the expense of loving anybody else. Ironically what they crave is love and acceptance.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I experienced rejection from my dad as a young child. I've had to battle the effects in left on my life since childhood so I know the feelings that accompany this.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
There has been many threads lately about demons and satan. But id like to focus on particular spirits. Familiar spirits for one, like to stay in families and one of those is the spirit of rejection.
Just a minor question out of curiosity... When you use the term "spirit" in this context, do you mean some kind of other-worldly entity or is it just a sort of personification of a mood or pattern of behavior?

Heneni

Miss Independent
I'm sorry to hear that charity..

The spirit of rejection is i believe the root and doorway for many other spirits to enter. One of those is the spirit of self-mutilation.

Fighting the fear of having to give in to the notion that there is indeed nothing that would lead someone else to like them, they start hating themselves, for not being able to 'fit' in. The spirit of rejection does not only make a person feel rejected themselves, but makes them reject others as well. But the constant desire to feel wanted is in conflict with the spirit of rejection. They want to be accepted, but reject others, hate themselves for not being able to make connections with others yet breaking the connections they desire. All of this leads to a person wanting to mutilate themselves.

Self-mutilation takes the form of hurting oneself. It can be anything from overeating, to hating your own body, not wanting to look in the mirror, cutting oneself, or attempting and contemplating suicide often, hitting yourself with objects, intense feelings of frustration. There are many more, but i cant think of them now.

Depression is common in people who have been rejected. The basic need for a person to be validated, appraciated, accepted and nurtured is in conflict with the working of the spirit of rejection in their lives. The body and mind respond to this conflict by being tired all the time, having little if any enthusiasm for daily activities. The depression is a physical manifestation of an inner conflict that is not being resolved.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Yes Heneni, I have fought depression for several years and I have no doubt it originated from early rejection. I'm doing better with it now, thankfully.....;)

Heneni

Miss Independent
Just a minor question out of curiosity... When you use the term "spirit" in this context, do you mean some kind of other-worldly entity or is it just a sort of personification of a mood or pattern of behavior?

Its an evil spirit. Not talking about full blown demon possession though. One cannot deliver oneself from demon possesion. Unless the demon is cast out by various ways which im not going to get into detail in this thread, but an individual can do 'things' to make the evil spirit go away....:)

Its what the bible calls...the principalities of the air. Some would say they affect your aura. They are like gremlins on your back, weighing you down and making your journey harder and sometimes just plainly intolerable. They affect your mood and pattern of behaviour.

Heneni

Miss Independent
We are not free to love in the true intent of the word until we have found love. We all have a cup of love we hold out, hoping it will be filled with good things, but when that cup is filled with rejection as a child, they will hold out another cup, marked...anything i can get will do. Sometimes the cup is then filled with control, success, immediate gratification, and the person will remain miserable until it is filled with SOMETHING.

I grew up being....for lack of a better word...an orphan in my own home.

Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
If we examine the destructive path that the spirit of rejection brings to a person, one will find there are many issues scattered all over their journey path, but the feeling of shame must be the biggest roadblock.

A child that grows up being subject to any type of abuse will feel an overwhelming sense of shame. Be that emotional or physical abuse, and be that violent abuse or the silent deadly 'cold shoulder' type of abuse, they somehow know they are 'tainted'. When they grow up even as adults the person seems to think...'what is wrong with me'.

By the time the child grows up...there will be little if any willingness to be intimate because that which they desired from their parents turned out to be mostly tears on their pillow.

And for many years they live out a part they choose for themselves in the drama of life. Whatever part will bring them the most glory will do. That which they lacked as a child....the glory and praise from their mother and father, the helping and nurturing hands of someone who cares, the good word from a dad, the thumbs up, the handclapping, the runnning into daddy's arms..., they must find elsewhere to have some sort of identity.

However they can rarely offer their truest part, not feeling alive, or connected to anyone and hence the substituting arms of daddy never really comes. A person cannot find intimacy out of a false self.

There is no escapting the false identity that one creates. You cannot live beyond how you see yourself, not for long. If failure is the part you are playing, you will fail. The performers will 'perform', the seductive will seduce, the victims will be victimized, the nobodies will fade away, and the somebodies will do whatever it is that will make them feel somebody, changing had and coat to suit the weather. What we are doing in this costume ball of life is looking to avoid exposure while at the same time trying to offer something that will bring us glory.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Yes Heneni, I have fought depression for several years and I have no doubt it originated from early rejection. I'm doing better with it now, thankfully.....;)

Thats really good to hear. We all have our journey..and thank goodness there is hope.

Heneni

Miss Independent
When a person who feels an overwhelming sense of shame, opens another door, for the spirit of guilt.

A person is under the influence of the spirit of false guilt when they:

1. Feel guilty for no reason at all
2. They say sorry a lot....even when they accidently bumb into someone.
3. When something has gone 'missing' they feel they need to be the one to find the missing object even though they have no connection to it
4. They sublty make other people feel guilty for not giving them enough attention, admiration, compliments, love, sexual gratification.

Guilt is a double edged sword....the loss of affection from the parent results in the need to find this elsewhere. The 'elsewhere' is very often places where the person will feel guilty for going/being there and doing 'that'. The person builds up an extensive repetour of guilt, but at the same time feels they are justified in having to be driven to fill their cup. This in turn makes them turn the guilt on others.

When adam and eve realised that they sinned against the commandment of god...eve blamed satan...hoping he would feel guilty, adam blamed eve hoping she would look guilty. Shame and guilt are closely related. Shame makes us want to hide, guilt makes us come out of hiding only to put the spotlight on someone else so that we might go unnoticed.

Another spirit that weighs a person down when they have suffered rejection is dispair.

Dispair to the point that dissapointment can not be coped with in a reasonalbe way. The slightest mishap in life can turn into their worst nightmare. The fear of having another dissapointment makes them unwilling to take healthy risks. They become pessimists, cynical and bitter.

Rejection makes you always wonder...what would i have been like if i grew up in a happy place, or a happy home. What would my life have been like if i wasnt rejected by the person i loved most. What would i have been like if my husband/wife paid attention to me? What would i have been, what did i miss out on...what have i lost?

A. J Conyers put it this way:

'We live in a world no longer under heaven'

Dissapointment makes us give up hope and think...this is as good as its gonna get. Even if we manage to escape some of the bigger tragedies , life rarely matches our expectations, and this dissapointment is amplified by feelings of shame, guilt and rejection. When we do get a taste of what we really long for, it never lasts, but the rejected soul cannot pick up the pieces as easily as someone with a support structure. Then they feel guilty for not being grateful enough for the little happiness which they have.

There often seems little if any hope for someone caught in the cylce of rejection, shame, guilt, and dissapointment. Anybody that has been caught in this kind of world know what it feels like to imagine that which you could have been and seeing that which you have become all too clearly, and hoping no one else will see the broken and bruised person inside.

They somehow hope for the day when the fog lifts off from their life, when the sun will break through the clouds, and they can become who they thought they had lost.

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
I know you must be thinking...when is she going to drop the bomb...in the form of 'but jesus can give you hope'. LOL...hang in there.

Deliverance from our problems is something you can catch on the oprah show as well..HE HE...

Lets me talk about the other spirits that gain access to a persons life when they have been rejected.

Anger and rage...

Most people would think that anger and rage is as a result of being rejected, but really it is more because they have rejected themselves, and the human phsyci responds to that by physical manifestations of anger and rage.

Anger and rage is the outward manifestation of the feeling of being rejected by oneself. A person becomes his own enemy, the enemy within. As the person rages against themselves, they turn their innermost being into their enemy. Hating the fact that they 'feel' since having to feel means there is the potential to get hurt. As someone start to hate themselves they turn their anger inward, and become the traitor of their own heart. Killing the sense of compasion, empathy, love, caring, and tenderness inside of themselves. Anger and rage is related to the spirit of murder. Murdering ones own heart..is still murder. And since god works within the heart, killing your own heart, cuts him out completely.

When one has been successful in killing oneself inwardly, the spirit of murder and destruction gains access to a persons life, and then the anger and rage is turned outward...to those around them. They start to hate anybody that does have feelings...who do have compassion, and thinks of them as weak, and deluded. Satan is the father of lies and the father of murder and destruction. You know you have met the evil little bugger if you want to hurt yourself and others.

If someone has managed to bruise and hurt their own heart in a way that does not result in complete death of the heart, Schizophrenia sets in. The person is somehow still living with the 'other' person inside, and constantly needs to silence the voice with which that person speaks to them. It happens that there is a mutation of the person within...taking on various other personalities in order to gain the opproval of the person who is able to 'kill' them, or control them. At the same time the controller creates many different types of personalities which he can converse with. Since the natural ability to connect with others have been damaged, the person creates the other people inside of himself in order to 'not be alone'.

People with rage and anger problems, lives inside of their head. Its a world they create where they can be in control. Eventually this leads to trying to control everybody else.

The spirit of murder anger and rage is what led to jesus's crucifixtion. The fear of the religious people of the day, that they would loose control over what they believe they had a handle on was overwhelming. Jesus said to some of these folks...that they have the devil as their father...who has been a murderer since the beginning. They could not open their heart to the possibility that god was right in front of them. Being confronted by Jesus with things that made them feel less worthy less enlightened and it being a threat to their status, was enough to make the spirit of rejection, reject jesus. Jesus said...let the dead bury the dead.

But then jesus did not shy away from this rejection. This was the monster that had to be slain. It entered our world back in the time of adam, and it had to be taken by the horns in no uncertain terms, by the one that would ultimately defeat it, and in a cosmic moment, reverse that which has been our eternal running away from god, to the opening up of a way back to god.

God is above all interested in that which happens in the heart. It is the clay with which he moulds us.

Next...i will talk about the spirit of lying.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Let me get in before you start that topic. I have to confess all or be held accountable for lying..:D

Heneni

Miss Independent
The spirit of lying...is not about telling a white lie here and there. It is far more intricate and devastating than one would first imagine.

Telling the odd white lie..is not right..please dont misunderstand me...and if anybody here has never told a lie...please raise your hand and i will drive that lying demon out of you. HE HE...HE (OK maybe some people dont find that funny...moving along then..)

A lying spirit is a covering, a type of structure, built over the other spirits i have been talking about, in order to ensure their survival, but mostly to ensure they go undetected.

A lying spirit's main purpose is to hide that which is inside of someone from themselves, and to hide that which tehy have become from the outside world.

It is like a coffin, for a dead or numb heart.

Lying to themselves and lying to others becomes a habit.

I dont mean lying to our parents about drinking out of the milk bottle directly, im talking about a coverup. Hiding that which is really going on inside. Keeping the true self very well hidden from the rest of the world. When a lying spirit operates in someones life...they have died inside. They are what the bible calls the living dead.

This coverup is commonly known as a person who is a hypocrite. Now it is really hard for someone to identify someone else as a hypocrite, unless they have been able to subdue and bind the lying spirit long enough to look what is inside the 'box'.

It is also the spirit of the anti-christ. Christ represented truth, this spirit represents being and living a lie.

But it is truly cunning in how it operates. Not only does it blind the person themselves from seeing what has taken root in them, but it blinds others from seeing it as well. These people have eyes like....well the serpent... they can hypnotise you with their charm and are very often well loved among people who are wholy unaware of their presence. This spirit is not easily identified.

Let me give you an example...if someone told you they love you, and tomorrow they get upset with you and you say to them they are a hypocrite, they are not being a hypocrite ,what they could be is just tired.

A lying spirit however envelops that which it hides in so well that it becomes virtually impossible to detect it.

This is what jesus said about the hypocrites, and this is not limited to religious people, this is the same kind of thing that happens to anybody that has a lying spirit covering them up.

He called them...

1. A brood of vipers
2. White washed tombs.
3. Dead mans bones.

Vipers and hypnosis go hand in hand. The person that has a lying spirit covering them up, is able to very cunningly and deliberately sway people away from who they really are and what their real intentions are. They are often rather popular, and could even have a rather large following.

A tomb is where you bury someone that is dead. Yes I know...did I need to say that? And a tomb holds in it that which is rotting away. In the same way the lying spirit is a covering for the rotteness of a person inside.

Please understand that just because we dont like somebody does not mean that they have a lying spirit. In fact its actually those you call your close friends, like judas who was with jesus everyday, that are the ones we are suppose to watch out for. Why do we have to watch out for them? Because they have the ability to hypnotise.

When the lying spirit is operating in the life of someone, they have become the enemy of the cross, and it is impossible for them and the children of god to really get along. At this point there is only a glimmer of a person left in there, and mostly the person has resigned control of their thoughts to that of the spirits within.

Up to know...i have said that the spirits are like gremlins that piggy back ride on a peroson's back and make their journey harder. But when the lying spirit comes, it gathers these spirits together, like a hen gathers her chick, bundles them together, puts them in you, and covers them up.

At this point a person has become 'hidden' to most people.

In the same way...a christians life is also 'hidden' in christ. The spirit of christ, covers a child of god in the same way. The bible says that the spirit of the world can not judge the spiritual man, exactly for the reason that they need to get past christ, in order to gain access to your inner being.

Jesus also said...that the people on whom the rock falls will be shattered to pieces.

What can be shattered to pieces but a stoney heart? The lying spirit does not only keep every other spirit inside, but also gaurentess that the person inside becomes as hard and liveless as 'dead mans bones'.

Unless a person has the spirit of christ as their own covering, they have no definite way of determining the identity of a lying spirit.

But here are some indicators that you have been in the presence of a lying spirit.

1. The spirit likes to hide itself by turning the focus on others. It will attempt to change the direction of the conversation in order to ensure that it never ends up where IT will be vulnerable to exposure. A lying spirit knows this and will often accuse someone else of the same thing.

2. It is absolutely brilliant at turning the guilt on...as long as others feel guilty for just about anything..it can remain hidden.

3. It is very good at sweeping people up against each other. In very subtle ways. It appears to be fighting for good, when infact all its concerned about is to remain undetected.

4. It spreads gossip about people in a way that tries to lobby support for itself.

5. It brings division among a certain group while gathering together on the other hand support from another.

6. When at risk of being exposed, it will go into overdrive to befriend as many unsuspecting people as it can, to appear unphased or to distract others from what happened elsewhere that could possibly put it in a bad light, or expose it.

7. When a person with a lying spirit talks it not hard to get an audience that will listen intently. A great deal of :yes: head shaking will go on as well, showing that the spirit has hypnotised those it is speaking to.

8. A lying spirit is truly like a snake...it curls up into the minds of unsuspecting people.

A lying spirit is the master of diguise. It is the wolf covered in sheeps clothing, it poses as a light to others when infact it is nothing but death.

Lets look at the progression of spiritual activity

1. The spirit of rejection comes
2. The spirit of guilt and shame follows
3. Then comes the spirit of self-hatred, hate, anger, rage and scitzophrenia (spelling?)
4. Then comes the lying spirit which bind them all together and provides them with a covering, an undetected protected environment to opperate from.

Finally...comes the spirit of pride...and when pride has arrived...the point of no easy return has been reached.

Heneni

Last edited:

Random

Fathers who dont validate their sons, causing them to look for approval elsewhere, rarely finding it and the son is left growing up insecure.

This has been something I've felt deeply in my life; my father was a drunken loser most of my young life, and I sensed that deep down he resented my relationship with my mother. This became clearer as I got older, and he once described me as a "cancer" when I returned to live at home from England.

This is what I detest about Christian society - the worship of the Father, manifest not only in the ideation of "God the Father", but patriarchy and the bitterness one feels at having to be validated by the male parent, especially as the Son of a mother.

I despise Abrahamic religion for this reason, in spite of him and Christian society.

Heneni said:
The spirit of rejection is a spirit which has, in my opinion the most damaging consequences on society. Rejection causes hurt...and hurt..as i will describe later...leads to pride and pride leads to a fall.

So what? If Fall I must, sobeit. Better to feel true, live true, think true, be the truth itself - as for pride, as any rich person, it's only a sin if you haven't got any (pride, that is).

I choose rejection because the cost of acceptance is too high. And the power to say "no" to unrighteousness is stronger than the power to affirm it.

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
Thank you for sharing Random.

When i have time....i will deal with how god reverses the damage done to us, it is not an easy path. It is hard. Unfortunately deliverance from our gremlins does not gaurentee a life of bliss, but it does gaurentee a life in the light.

Jesus said...'come to me all ye who are burdened and heavy laden, and I will give you rest'.

The burdens, and the heavy loads are all the evil entities that weigh us down.

As I am writing this, i remember my own journey. Must have been the most difficult thing in my life to even consider loving god. With a father who raised his hands in church every sunday morning and who ignored me the rest of the weak, i did not think much of his 'god'. No god who seems to love the one that abused and hurts me, was going to have any place in my life. In fact when i did slowely drift towards god..i was constantly repelled by the fact that he might be sleeping with the enemy...my father.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Perhaps now would be a good time to talk a little more about the children who have been hurt by others who follow 'god'.

The fact that someone goes to church every sunday and praises and worships god and during the week acts like a heathen is a rather common occurance.

But there is much more to this than meets the eye.

This is the story of my family. My father once said that he never reallly had a good relationship with his father, and my mother grew up in a family of seven siblings where her father only knew she was born.

And i grew up in a home where i was barely noticed.

I read once that a child loves a parent more than a parent can love a child. This constant reaching out of the child to their parent, and the constant dissatisfaction of not having their emotional needs met invites the spirit of rejection, and then from there a downward spiral to what could ultimately result in their behaviour being nothing better than that of their parents.

A child is very forgiving, and often even when the parent hurts the child they still yearn for and hope for the love of their parents and they would still do just about anything to get their affection. Even rebellion is a way to get some attention and some validation.

When someone has been hurt by a religious parent the child does not only feel hurt by the parent but because the parent is a follower of christ, they feel that christ himself has turned against them.

And god becomes a concept they are not likely to meet with much approval. But still....like the child always reaches out to their parent in some way, even if that reaching out is just a distant longing to be held, the same kind of reaching out takes place towards god. And therefore the child feels TWICE rejected. The disfunctional relationship between the child and the theist father, makes both the father and and god hard to come close to.

When a religious father is abusive or distant, and does not take an active role in the life of a child, the child relates all that the parent does to the fathers' master, who he claims to be god.

The christian religion, like random has said, is based upon a father and child type relationship, and in that lies the problem, because the only reference the child has, is their own rather sorded relationship with the father.

Then of course the child will expect god to be the father he/she never had. I certainly did. When at last i realised that my father had religion a bit backwards, i thought i was going to be validated by having a relationship with god that was what a father and daughter relationship was suppose to be like. But unfortunately my relationship with god only became a competition between who can be the better parent...daddy or god? And still in the back of my mind i was hoping that god would prove me right...prove that my father is not the kind of father he was suppose to be, by god being the parent i thought he was suppose to be.

But in that sense...i was having preconceived ideas of what 'god the father' should act like.

Instead, and i thank god for this....not only did i feel rejected by my father, but god rejected my attempt at having him and me win the 'father daughter relationship' of the year competion as well.

Instead what i got was personal attention. It was so personal that i really did think god hated me. I had never been closer to god than the period in my life where he showed me 'who is boss'. I was scrubbed, washed, dipped in water, scrubbed washed again...and every time i came up for a breath of air...my finger was pointing towards my dad saying....but what about HIM!

Plainly put, god showed me...forget about him, if you want me as a father, it will have to be on my terms. And yes well.....god has been the only one who has been able to tame me.

For roughly six years god was disciplining me.... For six years i was in the bath being scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed until i wanted to die. I jumped out of the tub on several occassion, but god doesnt let himself be fooled. If i was unhappy about a distant father, i was getting loads of attention from god no doubt, but it wasnt exactly the attention i wanted. What i wanted was more like...god helps heneni live a happy successfull life without much trouble, and god makes heneni's father pay for what he did to her.

What i have now...and i only have god to thank for it...is a relationship with god where i never compare his love for me, to the lack of love i felt from my father.

My relationship with my father was really painful. I wanted to be held, tucked in at night, be given a kiss on the cheek, told im loved, i wanted to be noticed by my father, i wanted to be validated by him, i wanted to be his little girl, and i wanted him to protect me against the monsters living under my bed. I wanted him to come to my school functions, i wanted him to stand next to the sports field, i wanted him to tell me stories. I wanted him to know what my favourite ice-cream was......

Instead i got nothing...and when i turned to god...i god a scrubbing. And this is the thing about the spirit of rejection. Whenever it has taken root in someones life...it will be very hard for that person to come to god on his terms, because they associate god with justice, and the injustice that they feel has been done to them, will demand from god that he favours them above others, because they have been neglected or abused and rejected. And what they will not do...is turn to god until they feel they have been given justice. But when you realise that you and the next person are really equally doomed, both of you in hell, it makes you think...am i going to hold on to this pain...or am i going to let it go and go upward instead of remaining in chains of pain.

God will never deal with our parents...before he has dealt with us. And god expects every generation to deal with their own dragons. And it is required from my generation to not point back at the previous one and say...look what they have done to me...but rather...realise that unless we slay the dragon...our children will say...look what they did to us too.

heneni

PS: Im sorry if my topic is hard to read. Im not really very linguistically talented.

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
The spirit of pride:

Id like to start by giving you a poem written about pride

My name is pride. I am a cheater.
I cheat you of your god-given destiny...because you demand your own way
I cheat you of contentment...because you 'deserve better than this'
I cheat you of knowledge...because you already know it all.
I cheat you of healing...because you are too full of me to forgive
I cheat you of holiness....because you refuse to admit when you are wrong
I cheat you of vision....because youd rather look in the mirror than out the window.
I cheat you of genuine friendship...because nobody is going to know the real you.
I cheat you of love...because real romance demands sacrifice
I cheat you of greatness in heaven...because you refust to wash anothers feat on earth
I cheat you of gods glory...because I convicne you to seek your own.
My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
You like me because you think im always looking out for you.
Im looking to make a fool of you
God has so much for you, i admit, but dont worry...
If you stick with me
You will never know.

In a nutshell, we can humble ourselves, or god can humble us.

Pride is the deification of self...without being deity.

God calls the righteous his children...he calls them deity. But the unrighteous call themselves deity as well...without any claim to godliness.

For everything god has established, instituted, designed satan has a copy off.

He has a copy of light. Its not light..but he can sure make you think it is. He has a copy of humbleness...it is false peity.
He has a copy for joy...its called happiness.
He has a copy for deity...it is pride.
He has a copy for love...its called lust
He has a copy for everything god has designed, instituted or established.
He has a copy for wisdom etc...etc...

And what he has done, is make them look as much as the real thing as he can.

By the time the spirit of pride has entered the life of a person, there is very little that anyone can do to convince them otherwise. They are the god of their own world, not subject to anyone, or so they think.

The spirit of pride inside of a person, is a truly sad state to be in. There is nothing left of the 'child' inside. What the person has become is the worker of iniquity and they are what the bible calls the wicked.

Having said that....remember that the person started out as somebody that was hurt...and has now transformed into someone who has become their own god. What i wanted to show as i said in my OP, is that hurt can turn into pride...and pride leads to a fall.

In an effort to feel worthy and validated someone that has been rejected can attempt to lift themselves out of their missery by becoming their own god. That way...they love themselves when somebody else wouldnt.

It is important to note that the rejected child is by no means the only way that the spirit of pride can gain access to a persons life. But the 'other ways' are far more cynical.

There are the children of satan and then there are the children of god.
What satan does is invade their temple and randsack it so that the child of god is left powerless to reach out to god.

In the other case, where the person is a child of satan. There isnt any 'invading' going on...instead it is more like the natural habitat for the workings of iniquity.

In the bible whenever israel fell into pride god rejected them. In the same way god will reject the workers of iniquity as well.

However there is the assurance from god that he is able to deal with pride within his children. His arm is not short and he can humble them. How he humbles them is up to him. God chooses the mechanism of humbling his children by various means. In the OT god humbled his children by giving them over to the power of their enemies.

To be delivered from the shackles of death a child of god needs to realise that they are in need of him. They wont reach out to god naturally when full of pride, because they believe they are doing fine without him. However even if we are unfaithfull god is faithfull and he is able to humble. God has a way of making his point. It is an aweful thing to fall into the hands of god.

When god makes the unrighteous fall, they dont stand up again. When pride makes the children of god fall, god humbles them, to bring them back to him.

It is better to humble ourselves than it is for god to humble us. But it is very hard for someone who is full of pride to want to humble themselves, and so they need a little help, a reality check so to speak.

When god humbles us....what happens is that our eyes open up to that which the spirit of pride and the spirit of lying has been covering up from us. God uses his sword and cuts open the hiding place of these spirits. When they have been exposed, the person becomes 'aware', of what has been going on inside of them. They open their eyes to the workings of the evil one, and this is important, because unless they become aware of it, they can never start to resist it.

Resist the devil and he will flee from you. If there is no resistance..he will reside...with or without someones approval.

But if you are not aware of his activity in you, you will never want to resist.

It is important that when god shows you the troubled water inside of yourself, that you start resisting the activity of the evil spirits at once. Be prepared for an uphill climb. They dont want to let you go.

Satan feeds of the energy of the people he imprisons. How did satan go from a serpent in genesis to a dragon in revelations....he was fed.