• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spare the rod, spoil the child?????????????

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Everyone in prison will tell you their parents whipped them and then point to how well they turned out for it. Corporal punishment either does harm or possibly nothing at all as people in prison and people with successful law abiding lives have both been raised with it. It's really just an excuse to inflict pain on another human being. In the case of children with special needs, who ,if they have a heart or brain, would think it appropriate?

People were paddled and never went to prison.

Turned out to be law abiding upstanding citizens quite well.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I mentioned that. Hence, I doubt any positive effects of corporal punishment in early childhood development.
I think its not corporal punishment as much as identifying outright abuse in its employment when people support or condem the practice of physical discipline.