• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry Gay People, This Country Failed You Again

Duck

Ok.....Honestly, as bad as it may sound.....Straight soldiers don't want gay guys watching their backs....

Honestly, The Strongest Fighting Force in the world would be slightly de moralized if it were to become the worlds first openly gay brigade.

I have a feeling there aren't a bunch of buff baddass super soldiers who are also gay trying to get a chance to fight....I think rather there are simply gay's trying to show the world it's ok to be gay and using the millitary as a vehicle for their agenda.

Honestly, there are still a great deal of people who just aren't down with it.

You realize that most of our allies (NATO, ring a bell?, perhaps a little place called Israel?) allow open service by gays and lesbians, right? You also realize that some of those countries troops are reluctant to serve with ours because of the perceived homophobia in our ranks?

Gays and Lesbians have been serving honorably in the armed forces all along. Or do you think the 13000+ folks kicked out under DADT were kicked out because they "pretended" to be gay so that they didn't have to complete their service obligations? Really, the Lt. Col recently processed for separation from the Air Force (the one with the Air Medal, you know one of the highest awards in the military?) after 18 YEARS service just didn't feel like sticking out the 2 years until he was retirement eligible and one day said "screw this, I want out" and proclaimed his gayness?

Assuming that DADT were actually repealed, and regulations set in place allowing open service by gays and lesbians, the only thing that would change is the fact that when Sargent Timothy Jones talked about his date last night he could actually use the correct pronoun, and perhaps could actually bring his significant other to the command picnic without claiming he was bringing a "friend from out of town". In other words, he would actually be able to live up to the "honor" core values associated with military service by being honest in all aspects of his life.

There are currently regulations in place that govern the behavior of personnel in their relationships, these regulations apply to relationships between all military members regarding what is and is not an allowable interaction between ranks, between unit members, between officers and enlisted, between enlisted members, between males and females and between services. There are regulations regarding whom may have business dealings with whom, when, and where. There are regulations regarding the use of base housing, base car washes and gas stations. At one point in time there were regulations regarding when a service member could marry (at one point in time one could get into trouble for not asking for permission to marry). These regulations in place governing the behavior of service members activities ranging from political and other free speech activities to how a service member wears his mustache apply to all service members, and would equally govern the behavior of (and currently DO govern the behavior of) gay and lesbian troops serving in the military. The only thing that changes is the fact that those rough and tough "buff bad*** super soldiers" that are hetero would know that Sargent Timothy Jones is dating Mr. Frank Smith, not Ms. Francine Smith. Or do you think that those sensitive heteros won't be able to handle the truth about their Sargent?

Look I'm just being the devils advocate here....I'm sorry gay folks have such a hard time.

It's friggin gross, and that's the way ALOT of people feel.

We still up for majority rule?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's friggin gross, and that's the way ALOT of people feel.

Taste and morality are two separate things, obviously. And "a lot" of people need to get over themselves and not worry about what goes on in the privacy of other people's bedrooms. I find your religion to be distasteful, yet I still support your right and freedom to believe and practice as you wish. See how that works?

We still up for majority rule?
Once upon a time, the majority thought the world was flat. A pure democracy is like 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Fortunately in America the rights of the minority are constitutionally protected. And I seriously doubt the majority of the U.S. are mouth-breathing fundamentalists, or we would already be a third world theocracy.

Duck

My thoughts on the matter have absolutely nothing to do with religion BTW.

So your objection is over the fact that you think sex between 2 men is icky? Really? My very patriotic brother shouldn't be allowed to serve in the military because you think his favorite sexual position is gross? Are you willing to volunteer to take his place?

No...I simply think it's gross..... heck, I don't even really care if men kiss men....I don't care if the blow one another....I got no problem with gay women.(in fact they should be better that regular women in the army)

So my friend is straight, but I find out he goes home every night and rubs poo on himself....I don't wanna hang out with him anymore either.

I'm not hip to hetros who partake in hiney love either.(they are harder to spot though)

It's disgusting ..... that's all

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No...I simply think it's gross..... heck, I don't even really care if men kiss men....I don't care if the blow one another....I got no problem with gay women.(in fact they should be better that regular women in the army)

So my friend is straight, but I find out he goes home every night and rubs poo on himself....I don't wanna hang out with him anymore either.

I'm not hip to hetros who partake in hiney love either.(they are harder to spot though)

It's disgusting ..... that's all

Why would what they do in the privacy of their bedroom matter to you anyway? I think sauerkraut is pretty gross but I don't think any less of those who do enjoy it.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
:rolleyes:

Would you try to get him fired?

Smoke

Done here.
Ok.....Honestly, as bad as it may sound.....Straight soldiers don't want gay guys watching their backs....
Honestly, you make straight soldiers sound like a bunch of morons who are unfit to serve in the armed forces.

You also seem to be under the mistaken impression that this is primarily about male soldiers.

Smoke

Done here.
Let me clarify something for you, genius. We don't go home and rub "poo" on ourselves. In fact, I don't even get "poo" on my penis, because my husband -- unlike, apparently, you -- knows a thing or two about personal hygiene.

I'd try to get myself away from him one way or another.
I'm sorry:
When I see or meet a gay man it's all i can think about....it truly disgusts me. I think it's vile and filthy. Perhaps I'm the one who's sick, guess I have a Brown phobia. Whatever....there's alot of us and we think it's disgusting.

What if you found out that one of your friends went home at night and killed small woodland animals with kitchen utinsils and masturbated with their guts "in the privacy of his own bedroom"

He could be funny and flamboyant or stone cold cool as hell during the day....but in the privacy of his own bedroom he's SICK.

As disgusting as that is....That's bout the same way I classify "brown sex".

And I don't care what anybody says...I have that right.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm sorry:
When I see or meet a gay man it's all i can think about....it truly disgusts me. I think it's vile and filthy. Perhaps I'm the one who's sick, guess I have a Brown phobia. Whatever....there's alot of us and we think it's disgusting.

What if you found out that one of your friends went home at night and killed small woodland animals with kitchen utinsils and masturbated with their guts "in the privacy of his own bedroom"

He could be funny and flamboyant or stone cold cool as hell during the day....but in the privacy of his own bedroom he's SICK.

Yeah, you heave every right to be a bigot. I find you as disgusting as you find your sick fantasies.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm sorry:

I find your attitude disgusting. Does this mean I get to have you fired now?

Smoke

Done here.
I'm sorry:

I wonder whether it would possible to set up a forum such that you have to have an IQ of at least 85 to join.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm sorry:

Well, your friends fetish wouldn't be condoned because it brings unnecessary harm and suffering to animals, so that's a completely retarded comparison. And "brown phobia"? Being a homosexuals doesn't make one a coprophile.

I find your attitude disgusting. Does this mean I get to have you fired now?

I think that just makes us even don't it?

I work for myself, You don't have to come in my business, that's fine, that's legit. Heck, that's the way it is.

No matter how you cut it a disgusting additude is still just an abstract idea....A disgusting physical addiction is far worse.
IMHO.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm hopeful that one day, this will be looked at as a non-issue, and people will wonder why there could have existed such blatant intolerance in the military and in the general population. Kind of like how most civilized people view interracial marriage or the right to freedom for any race or gender today as being fairly obvious.