• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

son with 6 heads was Yggdrasil

granpa

Said Ganglere: What took place before the races came into existence, and men increased and multiplied? Replied Har...when the heated blasts from Muspelheim met the rime, so that it melted into drops, then, by the might of him who sent the heat, the drops quickened into life and took the likeness of a man, who got the name Ymer. But the Frost giants call him Aurgelmer.

Then asked Ganglere: How were the races developed from him? Or what was done so that more men were made? Or do you believe him to be a god of whom you now spake? Made answer Har: By no means do we believe him to be god; evil was he and all his offspring, them we call frost-giants. It is said that when he slept he fell into a sweat, and then there grew under his left arm a man and a woman, and one of his feet begat with the other a son.

Odin spake:

"Seventh answer me well, | if wise thou art called,
If thou knowest it, Vafthruthnir, now:
How begat he children, | the giant grim,
Who never a giantess knew?"

Vafthruthnir spake:

"They say 'neath the arms | of the giant of ice
Grew man-child and maid together;
And foot with foot | did the wise one fashion
A son that six heads bore."

I believe the son with 6 heads was Yggdrasil.
Yggdrasil = Ach-Hydros-El = Cain-Ach = Enoch = Ananke
Ach means brother and, of course, Cain is Hydros

http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/At-a-glance/Norse_mythology

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Vafthruthnir spake:

"They say 'neath the arms | of the giant of ice

Does anyone know of any other verses corroborating the six-headed being idea?

I ask because that verse could also mean that son "bore"- was progenitor of - six.

Othin spake:

[20] "First answer me well, | if thy wisdom avails,

And thou knowest it, Vafthruthnir, now:

In earliest time | whence came the earth,

Or the sky, thou giant sage?"

Vafthruthnir spake:

[21] "Out of Ymir's flesh | was fashioned the earth,

And the mountains were made of his bones;

The sky from the frost-cold | giant's skull,

And the ocean out of his blood."

Vafthruthnir spake:

[29] "Winters unmeasured | ere earth was made

Was the birth of Bergelmir;

Thruthgelmir's son | was the giant strong,

And Aurgelmir's grandson of old."

Vafthruthnir spake:

[33] "They say 'neath the arms | of the giant of ice

From Thruthgelmir - 1 Bergelmir, 2 Buri, 3 Bor, 4 Odin, 5 Vili (Hoenir,) 6 Ve (Lothur)

These six bring about the creation of the earth, and humans.

simplified - In the beginning, there was Ginnungagap, the vast abyss. This over time became two regions, - a region of fire, called Muspell or Muspellheim, and a cold, bleak wilderness of ice and snow and freezing fog, called Niflheim.

This eventually becomes the Giant Ymir. From him we eventually get Thruthgelmir, and from him Bergelmir - direct ancestor of the frost giants. From the licked ice come Buri, then Bor.

Bor's sons, Odin, Vili and Ve, fight Ymir, kill him, hack him up, and he becomes the earth with her mountains lakes and rivers.

Then they create man and woman.

So we have a void, which over time becomes two, which over more time crashes together forming the bubbling ooze producing something = Ymir (Aurgelmir) - which over more time produces Thruthgelmir, from whom we get the next six, whom create from the original, – the earth and then humans.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We have a six headed God, Kartikeya/Murugan, son of Lord Shiva and brother of Ganesha, the elephant-headed God. He was raised by Krittikas (Pleiades, a group of six easily visible stars). He led the army of Gods against the demons. He is also the God of wisdom. He married twice, with Devasena, daughter of God Indra, and Valli, a princess of aboriginal people in Srilanka. His mount is a peacock. Murugan is also depicted as a young ascetic.

My (personal) guess, most Hindus may disagree, is that as Kartikeya, he was visualized by Aryans at a time when the sun rose in the asterism of Pleiades on the day of vernal equinox and that was some 4,250 years ago. As Murugan, he was the God of native people in South India and North Srilanka. During the assimilation of Aryans with the indigenous people of India (Hindus), the two Gods got merged into each other.

220px-Murugan_by_Raja_Ravi_Varma.jpg
upload_2016-7-14_23-22-27.jpeg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Krittika (Sanskrit, from 'kritti' pelt, hide on which a disciple sits from the verbal root 'krit' to divide into portions). The Pleiades; originally the first lunar mansion, in later times the third (Aup adds: sometime around 2,250 BC), having Agni as its regent. The constellation is sometimes represented as a flame, sometimes as a knife. In mythology there are six krittikas represented as nymphs, who became the nurses of the god of war, Karttikeya."
- https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071105043913AAcypSN
- Some information here also: https://books.google.co.in/books?id=3GbYg26S8pUC&pg=PA171&lpg=PA171&dq=Krittikas+who+were?&source=bl&ots=IwF53amgU4&sig=CTY8q7VkR7axQGCbVw3yirCqwJw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjqirzwyvXNAhUgR48KHWQXCH4Q6AEIPDAG#v=onepage&q=Krittikas who were?&f=false

m45_LRGB-S.jpg
the-pleiades-cropped.jpg

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Lord Karttikeya has Six Heads!

Also known as Murugan in South India.

War God but also the heart throb and also a Bhakti focus and seen as the friend of the common man and eternal youth. And a child with supercharged wisdom.

In my path, the Six Headed War God who rides the Peacock of Colors is associated with the Six Mothers or Stars of the Pleiades star cluster constellation where there is a Universe found and is part of the constellation Taurus the Bull.

To me the six heads of the Child are in my vision the Six brightest stars in that constellation who are SIX MOTHERS who gave Karttikeya "milk" or food. I see Him coming from that Universe.

von bek

In my path, the Six Headed War God who rides the Peacock of Colors is associated with the Six Mothers or Stars of the Pleiades star cluster constellation where there is a Universe found and is part of the constellation Taurus the Bull.

Interesting. Hera, Queen of the Gods, has the peacock as one of her sacred animals. Hera is the mother of the war god, Ares. Sorry, I guess that really adds nothing to the thread. I just saw you mention war god and peacock in the same sentence and it inspired me to share! :D

Liu

Yggdrasill probably means Ygg-horse, with Ygg being one of the names of Odin. So I wonder why you would equate it to Ananke ('necessity') etc. - just by pseudo-etymology? Please do us all a favor and don't present such guesses as if they were facts. Alas, the link you gave does the same (e.g. connecting niflheim with the nephilim, lol), so I fear I can't expect better.

I understood the six-headed one there to be one of the frost-giants, as it says in the translation you posted: "all his offspring, them we call frost-giants", and the world-tree hardly is a frost-giant.

Liu

Just because I'm a Satanist that doesn't mean I wouldn't know a bit about other religions.
My comment was meant from a general/scientific point of view, not from a religious one.
Most of the commenters in this thread are no norse heathens, so I don't see why I shouldn't post here, too.