• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Somethings are not as they seem

Mr. Ed

I'm a Southern Baptist PK, my world consisted of my dad, the church and god. I was baptized by my dad at 6yrs old, it was the thing I could do get my dad's attention or approval. I went to church all the way through high school, went to bible retreat vacations sponsored by whatever church my dad was preaching at. My dad betrayed me by not being as I thought he was. I saw Christianity in the same as my father, claiming what is best for me and not as advertised.

I questioned faith and the validity proof. If I can't see it and I can't touch it how is is it real if not from my imagination. Emotions that justify belief are thought to be spiritual connectedness / awareness. Church is all about influence, look at the church music, listen to the prayers and sermon. However, long you are there you are influenced to support a single theme. I saw through religious tactics of persuasion by objectively listening to what was really being said and picking up on religious clichés and redundant meaningless sayings. Usually every preacher has a few nonsensical sayings in nearly sermon.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
how is is it real if not from my imagination

You're asking a very important question. None of us can give you an answer. We can recite our beliefs and experiences but they are not yours.

But I will write one thing - I don't find personal value in organized religion. What I find meaningful is action. If someone believes in the Christ then let that person practice the greatest commandments of love to the best of their ability because we're imperfect and will fall short. To me the real sermon comes from someone who practices kindness in interactions both large and small.

And welcome to RF.