• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something to think about

Truthsayer

Physicists and astronomers over the ages have pretty much established and concluded that our universe did indeed begin with a thermonuclear explosion they have dubbed "The Big Bang".
Although black holes have been discovered, there is not much science can tell us about them except that they are created when a supernova star becomes a "red giant" then explodes or collapses in on itself, creating a force of gravity so strong that all surrounding matter is pulled into it and nothing can escape it, not even light.
Albert Einstein's theory of relativity allows room for the "possibility" of existing parallel universes. Let us assume for a moment that Einstein is correct and parallel universes do exist. Suppose that somewhere within one of these universes, a red giant star exploded, creating a black hole which, over the course of 25 billion years, evolves into what we now know as our existing universe.
Black holes are normally found at the center of a galaxy including our own milky way. Could this and all black holes be the portals to other evolving universes, each one beginning with... "A Big Bang"...? :confused: Your thoughts, views and insights are welcome.:rolleyes:

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Something like that is definitely within the realms of scientific possibility.

From New Scientist: -

For the quantum model of space-time to be confirmed, scientists would need to probe down to Planck length-scales (that’s a distance of 10e-35 metres). Gravitational wave detectors may be able to detect tiny distance fluctuations, but they certainly are not capable of probing down to Planck length-scales.

Actually, this may be possible if the holographic Universe theory is correct.

This theory is born from other well known interpretations of the cosmos, in particular the black hole paradox. As something falls into a black hole, passing the event horizon, the quantum information held in the event horizon can be encoded to reveal information about the interior. Therefore, the information inside the black hole’s event horizon is not destroyed (for details on this, see the Thorne-Hawking-Preskill bet). If the information about the interior of a black hole is encoded in its event horizon, scientists have come forward to point out that perhaps the information inside our Universe is encoded in the Universes horizon (a.k.a. the limit of the observable Universe, 13.7 billion light years away).

If the information is encoded in the horizon of our Universe, could it be that everything within this boundary is simply a holographic projection of this outer "shell"? In which case, the information encoded into the horizon will be held in Planck length-scale bits, and the projection (i.e. us and the space-time we know and love) will be a 3D representation of the Universal Horizon.

rather that they discover a way to enter alternative universums (think cowboy pi sounds nice but to lazy to chance it so il just wait untill they find a machine that can take me to a universe where my username is already cowboy pi)

linwood

Black holes are normally found at the center of a galaxy including our own milky way. Could this and all black holes be the portals to other evolving universes, each one beginning with... "A Big Bang"...? :confused: Your thoughts, views and insights are welcome.:rolleyes:

I don`t see how it could be.

A black hole is nothing more than extremely dense matter with a gravitational force that cannot be resisted beyond the event horizon.

Going into a black hole is certain death, anything entering a black hole becomes a part of it`s density, increasing it`s mass and gravitational pull.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
linwood, so is a black "hole" somewhat of a misnomer? When I envision a hole, I envision a space that is filled as things fall into it. What you are describing sounds more solid since it is encorporating the things that come into contact with it, into itself.