• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

some views of someone confused

arcturus

Hello everybody im new to this forum, i have always thought about my emotions.Why do i behave the way i do, relative to other people. I am constantly asking myself questions about issues i have, and why things happen the way that they do. So i decided to start typing out some of my feelings and what i think it all means.

This is all just speculation, and i do not think I will ever truly be sure as to how it all works.

Everyone is diferent regarding their souls,
which is why it is so dificult to understand why things
in this world are the way they are.
What I believe the soul to be, is the central force that
drives a person to live the way that they do.
This relates to another logic that everyone has two sides to them.
People have the side that they admire, and would ultamitaly like to achieve,
this being very hard to achieve, and very frustrating.
However the other side does just the oposite, it is the easier path to follow
and will make things easier for them in life. Yet it does not fulfill that inner
desire to achieve what you truly want.
Regarding the depression and frustration that comes with the combination of
all these diferent souls meeting in our world.
People that are able to identify their own souls and what they are built upon,
are able to see life as they think it should be, according to what their
soul is based on.
Then you end up trying to make this happen in our world and sadly it seems
impossible, very frustrating, and depressing.
With everyone seeing their views of life diferently, how is any one person to
become truly happy?

opinions and comments are welcome, please share your views. thank you =)

j_taylor

Well said, I agree it is hard to find what will make us happy. As you say many people approach it differently. I believe true happiness is an individual's discovery of what you describe as the soul. Finding it and then developing a relationship with that part of ourselves. Only from this understanding can we begin to be at peace and find true happiness. Many people today are caught up in the fast paced American culture. This lifestyle doesn't leave time for introspection. We don't have time to ask ourselves these important questions. They are the key to happiness.

Joel

Super Universe

Defender of God
A woman once argued angrily with her husband because he bought the wrong brand of toothpaste. The argument wasn't really about the toothpaste, that was just the match that started the bonfire going.

Realize this when it happens to you. Understand what emotions control you and take control over them. Don't allow the bonfire to build.

The wife was feeling neglected, unappreciated, undesired, so she lashed out at her husband. Why did she not simply talk to him before and reduce the tension?

You're conscience (not conscious) is active, that's why you feel remorse because you are not perfect. Your conscience is your soul talking to you. It does not tell you what to do because that would violate your free will but it does give you options, both good and bad.

Now, if you make a bad choice your soul will certainly remind you of it so you can learn and grow into a mature universal being. Some ignore their conscience completely, they feel no remorse for others or anything. If you ignore your conscience enough, it will become quiet forever.

A good choice is one that benefits things in this priority: the universe, the planet, then life on the planet.

A bad choice is a selfish decision that is made before the subject has all relevant information or before they have achieved the necessary maturity and experience to make such a decision.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Welcome to RF. You sound like a deep thinker. I'm a seasonal thinker. :p Hyuk hyuk. :D

True happiness comes from within. Our true nature which is spirit is an endless source of peace, love and joy. :yes: Share love with others and see them as being of the same nature as you - i.e. a divine spirit - this will help your own inner love to grow. However, do not depend on anyone to give you love. If they don't give you love, they are just missing out on sharing a divine experience with a beautiful soul. :) When people forget their true nature which is spirit and when they live only in body consciousness, they see others as different because there are differences on the physical level. When differences are seen, this gives rise to intolerance, hatred, ignorance etc. because there is a wrong perception that we are not the same.

My dear friend, you used a lot of words like - depressing, frustrating etc. Do not hesitate to vent or if you feel really overwhelmed, do not hesitate to PM me. I might be a stranger but we are all brothers and sisters in spirit. I have also gone through my share of depressing times in my life. (No, I'm not a stalker in case you are wondering).

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Hello everybody im new to this forum, i have always thought about my emotions.Why do i behave the way i do, relative to other people. I am constantly asking myself questions about issues i have, and why things happen the way that they do. So i decided to start typing out some of my feelings and what i think it all means.

This is all just speculation, and i do not think I will ever truly be sure as to how it all works.

Everyone is diferent regarding their souls,
which is why it is so dificult to understand why things
in this world are the way they are.
What I believe the soul to be, is the central force that
drives a person to live the way that they do.
This relates to another logic that everyone has two sides to them.
People have the side that they admire, and would ultamitaly like to achieve,
this being very hard to achieve, and very frustrating.
However the other side does just the oposite, it is the easier path to follow
and will make things easier for them in life. Yet it does not fulfill that inner
desire to achieve what you truly want.
Regarding the depression and frustration that comes with the combination of
all these diferent souls meeting in our world.
People that are able to identify their own souls and what they are built upon,
are able to see life as they think it should be, according to what their
soul is based on.
become truly happy?

I think your not alone in this,if you would consider the bibles view and the dualistic battle warring on the inside of all of us,it becomes apprent sounds that it is a spiritual struggle as the bible speaks of.
Gal 5:17The old sinful nature loves to do evil, which is just opposite from what the Holy Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are opposite from what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, and your choices are never free from this conflict.
God's Law Reveals Our Sin but the struggle is in all of us,the only difference is the sensitivity to that struggle
Rom 7:7Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is evil? Of course not! The law is not sinful, but it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, "Do not covet."* 8 But sin took advantage of this law and aroused all kinds of forbidden desires within me! If there were no law, sin would not have that power.
9I felt fine when I did not understand what the law demanded. But when I learned the truth, I realized I had broken the law and was a sinner, doomed to die. 10 So the good law, which was supposed to show me the way of life, instead gave me the death penalty. 11 Sin took advantage of the law and fooled me; it took the good law and used it to make me guilty of death. 12 But still, the law itself is holy and right and good.
13But how can that be? Did the law, which is good, cause my doom? Of course not! Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation. So we can see how terrible sin really is. It uses God's good commandment for its own evil purposes.

Pauls great struggle

Struggling with Sin
14The law is good, then. The trouble is not with the law but with me, because I am sold into slavery, with sin as my master. 15 I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate. 16 I know perfectly well that what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience shows that I agree that the law is good. 17 But I can't help myself, because it is sin inside me that makes me do these evil things.
18I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can't make myself do right. I want to, but I can't. 19 When I want to do good, I don't. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway. 20 But if I am doing what I don't want to do, I am not really the one doing it; the sin within me is doing it.
21It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 22 I love God's law with all my heart. 23 But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin?* 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

PureX

Veteran Member
Hi arcturus, welcome, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.

Being and non-being create each other.
Difficult and easy support each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low depend on each other.
Before and after follow each other.

Therefore the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn't possess,
acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever.

- from the Tao Te Ching​

arcturus

I am very thankful that all of you have given me things to look into and think about. The entire subject and mystery of life is hard to discuss because of the many possibilities. I am drawn to the subject, and am constantly wondering about it. Because of my desire and thirst for knowledge of the finer points in life as i see it, I do not think i will ever give up my search, in fact i do not think it would be possible for a person with any curiousity to avoid the subject all together.

Thank you all for the warm welcome

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I am very thankful that all of you have given me things to look into and think about. The entire subject and mystery of life is hard to discuss because of the many possibilities. I am drawn to the subject, and am constantly wondering about it. Because of my desire and thirst for knowledge of the finer points in life as i see it, I do not think i will ever give up my search, in fact i do not think it would be possible for a person with any curiousity to avoid the subject all together.

Thank you all for the warm welcome

You are a seeker. I admire that. May you find the answers that you're looking for. :) There is a saying that when a disciple is ready, the guru will come. Also remember to rely on your inner guru - your inner self, to guide you. Sometimes the answers will come from within or the universe will guide you to the answers.

Arcturus, I agree with a lot of what you said.

Don't worry about feeling confused-- that's the natural human state of affairs. As you said, we all experience reality differently, and so sometimes it's hard to tell what is real and what we just believe to be real.

I like what you said about the soul, too, that it is the central force that drives each of us to be what we are and do what we do. I sort of see it this way as well, that our desires and our will are the deepest and most 'true' parts of ourselves. You can tell everything about a person by finding out what they want.

1nharmony

A Coco-Nut
You will find true happiness in the sharing of kindness, in lightening another's burden, in making others smile. It's not very complicated at all, really.

capslockf9

... I am constantly asking myself questions ...
Regarding the depression and frustration ...
become truly happy?

...It is darkest before dawn.
...A meloncholy state occurs to those on quest for spiritual enlightenment. The following site might help with your awakening: URL won't paste. But look up "Dark Night of the Soul" at mystic org.

i always believed that i have only one life and i have to make the best of it and i also lean towards the belief that if there is re-incarnation that you have to teach your soul everything you can to give it the best chance of gaining a higher position in a future life -- so why i sometimes get sad and depressed at the things that happen its all for my benefit to teach me new lessons