• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some of my Music

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Decided to post some of my music in a thread of its own just for sharing.

This is me playing an improvisation on the piano at the nursing home where my father was a resident of prior to his passing. I would go over there and play in the chapel, just making stuff up like this playing to him every day I went to see him. It was very relaxing for him. I used my camera with its built in mic to record this, so the sound isn't great.

One day the director of activities heard me playing, and asked when I was coming over again so she could come listen. I told her around 3:30 after I finished some work that day. I got a call from my mom who was over they saying, "they're waiting for you". I didn't know what she meant.

When I got over there (it was just across the street), the director had wheeled in about 30 to 40 residents to come hear me play! I was definitely not planning for that! So I just improvised a bunch of things, sitting down and see what came out. Played for about 40 minutes or so for them stuff like this.

This brings back a flood of memories for me playing for him before his passing.

My other favorite instrument I play is the Indian bamboo flute, a bansuri. This is a recording of me when I first started learning it about 5 years ago. I don't have anything more recent, but I like the sound of this recording from back then of the flute. It's not too bad for just learning it. The other instrument I am playing in the recording is a metal tongue drum made by HAPI drums.

I'll probably post some other stuff later on.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

This is me playing an improvisation on the piano at the nursing home where my father was a resident of prior to his passing. I would go over there and play in the chapel, just making stuff up like this playing to him every day I went to see him. It was very relaxing for him. I used my camera with its built in mic to record this, so the sound isn't great.

One day the director of activities heard me playing, and asked when I was coming over again so she could come listen. I told her around 3:30 after I finished some work that day. I got a call from my mom who was over they saying, "they're waiting for you". I didn't know what she meant.

When I got over there (it was just across the street), the director had wheeled in about 30 to 40 residents to come hear me play! I was definitely not planning for that! So I just improvised a bunch of things, sitting down and see what came out. Played for about 40 minutes or so for them stuff like this.

My other favorite instrument I play is the Indian bamboo flute, a bansuri. This is a recording of me when I first started learning it about 5 years ago. I don't have anything more recent, but I like the sound of this recording from back then of the flute. It's not too bad for just learning it. The other instrument I am playing in the recording is a metal tongue drum made by HAPI drums.

Thank you for sharing!

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns

this all sounds good
I don't know how to play any instruments. They tried teaching me when I was in like 4 or 5th grade the piano at school. The teacher wasn't helpful. Especially since she didn't take into account my disability when teaching me. Or rather she did she just didn't realize not all autistics are music savants and was mad I wasn't one. Not all autistics are good in music tho many are due to hypersentivity to sound. Some find it comes real easy. In my case my autistic self focused more on what note was which on the keyboard rather then what each note sounded like and cuz my ADHD I could not for the life of me remember what key did what and the way they tried to get me to memorize did not help. Maybe one day I'll try learning and do so in a different way then what the teacher tried to teach me. But still...you have a gift there playing. I like the music

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Thanks for sharing. I very much enjoyed both pieces. The piano reminded me a little of Harold Budd.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing. I very much enjoyed both pieces. The piano reminded me a little of Harold Budd.
I can definitely see that. Thanks. I had not heard of him before, but he was of kindred spirit. I've been attracted to minimalism from the beginning. A lot of what I write with other orchestration is ambient in nature.

For instance, this is something I just wrote a couple months ago and posted on Soundcloud. I need to learn how to master my tracks a little better, as the engineering aspects are a whole art form in themselves which I'm just a novice in. But you get the gist musically where I like to go:

From my Soundcloud profile: Into The Deep

Also this one: Transmigration

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I can definitely see that. Thanks. I had not heard of him before, but he was of kindred spirit. I've been attracted to minimalism from the beginning. A lot of what I write with other orchestration is ambient in nature.

For instance, this is something I just wrote a couple months ago and posted on Soundcloud. I need to learn how to master my tracks a little better, as the engineering aspects are a whole art form in themselves which I'm just a novice in. But you get the gist musically where I like to go:

From my Soundcloud profile: Into The Deep

Also this one: Transmigration
Cool. Just played them through my hifi to get the extra quality.