• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some "January 6th" defendants temporarily released after Supreme Court agrees to hear their cases

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Since I did say that in several of my posts to you, it would have been even quicker if you had accepted my reply. You were the one that kept wasting time by repeatedly asking for the reason the Supreme Court took that case after I explained that reason was not knowable.
No, I didn't. I asked you several times what the appellant gave as the grounds for the appeal (or what you thought the grounds for an appeal might be). I never asked you why the Supreme Court took the case.

Shaul

Premium Member
No, I didn't. I asked you several times what the appellant gave as the grounds for the appeal (or what you thought the grounds for an appeal might be). I never asked you why the Supreme Court took the case.
The defendants didn't make the appeal to the appellate court. The prosecution did. You did ask for the grounds for the appeal to the Supreme Court in post #10.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The defendants didn't make the appeal to the appellate court. The prosecution did. You did ask for the grounds for the appeal to the Supreme Court in post #10.

:facepalm:

A person making an appeal is an appelant.

The defense are the appellants asking the Supreme Court to hear the case. To do this, they have to file an argument explaining the grounds for the appeal... i.e. how they think the previous court made a mistake of law.

Shaul

Premium Member
:facepalm:

A person making an appeal is an appelant.

The defense are the appellants asking the Supreme Court to hear the case. To do this, they have to file an argument explaining the grounds for the appeal... i.e. how they think the previous court made a mistake of law.
Kindly make up your mind. It wasn't the defendants who appealed to the Circuit Court of Appeals, it was the prosecution. The defendants appealed to the Supreme Court after the Circuit Court of Appeals made its ruling. The defendants were the respondents to the Circuit Court and didn't supply any argument to go there. Their reasons for appealing to the Supreme Court are in their petition. See them here, https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...0231113171324566_Cert Pet Reply Brf final.pdf

wellwisher

At least two people convicted for "January 6th" cases have been released while their cases await being heard at the Supreme Court. Their challenge is based on a putative overly broad use of use of "obstruction charges". The results could affect many other January 6th cases.

Jan. 6 convicts released after Supreme Court takes up challenge to feds’ use of obstruction charge
The Democrats needed as many human props as possible to push their Trump defeat narrative. Even if you were peaceful and just showed up to the Capital in an orderly way, you were treated the same as the more violent protesters, with the Biden Injustice System metering out the injustice. The Swamp did the same to many people during the fake Russian collusion coup to make it look real. Why would the Swamp destroy General Flynn and threaten his son, for a scam; optics. The difference now is the writing is on the wall; Trump is still there, and the injustice department is trying to avoid full retribution. As they have done to others, so it shall be done to them; eye for an eye.

Nobody was treated the same way for all the destruction, during the summer of 2020 Democrat run insurrection. An insurrection is defines as a rebellion against established authority like police authority. Congress did not make any new law. That insurrection was not legal but got a pass since it was sanctioned by the Swamp. We may need to revisit that by treating the leaders and bystanders with the same Swamp criteria. This will make it look more like an insurrection. Optics is how the game works.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The Democrats needed as many human props as possible
To break in to the Capitol building? Nah, that was Trump and his supporters.
to push their Trump defeat narrative. Even if you were peaceful and just showed up to the Capital in an orderly way, you were treated the same as the more violent protesters, with the Biden Injustice System metering out the injustice. The Swamp did the same to many people during the fake Russian collusion coup to make it look real. Why would the Swamp destroy General Flynn and threaten his son, for a scam; optics. The difference now is the writing is on the wall; Trump is still there, and the injustice department is trying to avoid full retribution. As they have done to others, so it shall be done to them; eye for an eye.
LOL It's not a narrative that Trump lost the last election. He actually lost.

General Flynn destroyed himself. As did Trump. Why do you keep making excuses for these lowlifes?
Nobody was treated the same way for all the destruction, during the summer of 2020 Democrat run insurrection. An insurrection is defines as a rebellion against established authority like police authority. Congress did not make any new law. That insurrection was not legal but got a pass since it was sanctioned by the Swamp. We may need to revisit that by treating the leaders and bystanders with the same Swamp criteria. This will make it look more like an insurrection. Optics is how the game works.
If you're referring to BLM protestors, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that tens of thousands of them were arrested and charged. I'm sure I've already pointed this out to you many times before, but I guess you don't want it interfering with your narrative that they all just got away with committing crimes.

So, in sum. Both sides have been held accountable for their actions and treated fairly by the law. You just want to cry and whine about the ones on Trump's side because ... witch hunt or something. :rolleyes:

wellwisher

To break in to the Capitol building? Nah, that was Trump and his supporters.

LOL It's not a narrative that Trump lost the last election. He actually lost.

General Flynn destroyed himself. As did Trump. Why do you keep making excuses for these lowlifes?

If you're referring to BLM protestors, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that tens of thousands of them were arrested and charged. I'm sure I've already pointed this out to you many times before, but I guess you don't want it interfering with your narrative that they all just got away with committing crimes.

So, in sum. Both sides have been held accountable for their actions and treated fairly by the law. You just want to cry and whine about the ones on Trump's side because ... witch hunt or something. :rolleyes:
I have repeated that because the news people never mentioned any follow up. The Capital riots was a daily counter. Why the difference in reporting?

I did some research and you are right. My mistake due to lack of research. However, I learn from my mistakes and decided to look at the charges connected to the summer 2020 riots, not called an insurrection, even if they targeted established police authority. What I found was there were a lot of arson, firearms and assault charges. That is what I expected of a good old fashion insurrection. I went through the 1st 100 cases of the 1700 and more than half were arson.

The Prosecution Project (summer 2020)

The same data base; Prosecution Project, also has the data from the Capital Riot and they had 1300 arrests. I also went through the first 100 and the most common charge was blockading. What the heck is blockading and why does it get the same as arson? If you are stuck in a crowd and the police cannot get by is that blockading? The next common charge, which was a much smaller percent was unarmed assault, which gets the same a fire arms in the summer of 2020?

The Prosecution Project (Capital)

I tend to think that if they had applied the summer of 2020 standards maybe 100 charged would have been correct. However, they needed to up the number to get close to the summer. Now this will be heard by the Supreme Court. They may need to change another 2000-5000 from the summer of 2020, with blockading or reduce the Capital numbers.

It was still about optics, with blockading the smoke and mirrors. You helped me see the light and be a worse nuisance.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have repeated that because the news people never mentioned any follow up. The Capital riots was a daily counter. Why the difference in reporting?

I did some research and you are right. My mistake due to lack of research. However, I learn from my mistakes and decided to look at the charges connected to the summer 2020 riots, not called an insurrection, even if they targeted established police authority. What I found was there were a lot of arson, firearms and assault charges. That is what I expected of a good old fashion insurrection. I went through the 1st 100 cases of the 1700 and more than half were arson.

The Prosecution Project (summer 2020)

The same data base; Prosecution Project, also has the data from the Capital Riot and they had 1300 arrests. I also went through the first 100 and the most common charge was blockading. What the heck is blockading and why does it get the same as arson? If you are stuck in a crowd and the police cannot get by is that blockading? The next common charge, which was a much smaller percent was unarmed assault, which gets the same a fire arms in the summer of 2020?

The Prosecution Project (Capital)

I tend to think that if they had applied the summer of 2020 standards maybe 100 charged would have been correct. However, they needed to up the number to get close to the summer. Now this will be heard by the Supreme Court. They may need to change another 2000-5000 from the summer of 2020, with blockading or reduce the Capital numbers.

It was still about optics, with blockading the smoke and mirrors. You helped me see the light and be a worse nuisance.

The above is so utterly nonsensical.

Shaul

Premium Member
It's "nice" to know that you know so much more than judges and juries. :rolleyes:
Since I haven't claimed that your post is ridiculous. I stated the fact that those judges and juries have, by their actions, acknowledged there are possible errors in the adjudication. I am not the one claiming to know more than the judicial system. That would be you.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Since I haven't claimed that your post is ridiculous. I stated the fact that those judges and juries have, by their actions, acknowledged there are possible errors in the adjudication. I am not the one claiming to know more than the judicial system. That would be you.

You post the above to please yourself, so it is not I who have jumped to conclusions. Maybe if you took your MAGA hat off your eyes you could see better.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The Democrats needed as many human props as possible to push their Trump defeat narrative. Even if you were peaceful and just showed up to the Capital in an orderly way, you were treated the same as the more violent protesters, with the Biden Injustice System metering out the injustice. The Swamp did the same to many people during the fake Russian collusion coup to make it look real. Why would the Swamp destroy General Flynn and threaten his son, for a scam; optics. The difference now is the writing is on the wall; Trump is still there, and the injustice department is trying to avoid full retribution. As they have done to others, so it shall be done to them; eye for an eye.

You should self-publish your novels and become a bargan bin Tom Clancy.

Shaul

Premium Member
You post the above to please yourself, so it is not I who have jumped to conclusions. Maybe if you took your MAGA hat off your eyes you could see better.
Maybe if you didn't resort to ad hominem attacks your arguments might have merit.