• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solution to homosexuals is by government executions according to Pastor.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
BRUH.

But seriously, this. There's a reason the ancient pre-Christian Norse referred to Thor as "Red Thor" and your Christ as "White Christ"
As much as I don't like the Viking stuff, I do agree with them on their views of Christianity.

samtonga43

Just remember, lots of people today and throughout history have seen your religion as childish, stupid, impossible to believe, a pathetic slave religion, a religion for the weak, as there being nothing more offensive to Almighty, and laughably absurd with its numerous contradictions and inconsistencies.
You may want to think of that before you call someone else a freak, because in your religion people take a bath to worship a zombie and eat crackers they think his flesh and drink wine they think is his blood.

I am a Christian.
I do not take a bath to worship a zombie.
I do not eat crackers I think are his flesh.
I do not drink wine I think is his blood.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am a Christian.
I was specifically addressing a poster who called many members here a freak and many other such words.
And, yes, that is what your religion has looked like to many people throughout history, with some of that post being pulled more or less from the source of centuries old writings. Like the Norse Vikings. It's known they had a burning hatred of Christianity and everything it stood for, with a lot of hatred being directed towards priests.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
it may be unchangable, why not, but that doesn't mean it's not brain deformation. Thus not only are they freaks but also don't know how to properly use the language.

Thank you, people often ask why atheists bother to debate archaic superstitions, and the hate speech you've espoused here is one very good reason for challenging religion's worst ideas. Some of us just happen to care about the suffering of others, and certainly it's more important than pleasing an imaginary deity from an archaic superstition derived from bronze and iron age patriarchal societies.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
That is the same as saying there is no definition of a woman. It is meaningless.

No it isn't, and no it isn't.

I have no problem with calling people what they want to be called. I will respect their wishes. People can be whatever gender they want. But why do we have pronouns then?

All words change overtime, why can't pronouns if it helps us better understand things?

Can we define a female and male as having certain body parts?

We already do, but we also can acknowledge that gender is a cultural concept which can change, unlike someone's biological sex, which can't, well not completely and not at the moment anyway.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Mystics mock others?

When I was younger people called me a mystic. It was most because I had a very exploitative attitude about the meaning of life and the search for meaning.

I am male. I am heterosexual and have no doubt about it. I have many gay friends, and I cannot in any way understand why they find other men sexually attractive. I just don't get it. But this does not mean that I should use my perspective to judge them. My own search for truth has helped me realize we humans are not a uniform bunch. My college study of psychology explained how many differences our brains have as part of a diversity of biological reality.

The funny thing is although I am male and heterosexual I see some videos of guys who have this uber-male thing going on. So I can see there are straight men like me who take their masculinity way beyond what I do. I don't see it as good or bad, but it is different. We humans have a lot of differences. Those who feel threatened by diversity and difference suggests an insecurity in their own image and identity.

An excellent post if I may say so.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I am a Christian.

She said "in your religion" she didn't say all Christians to be fair. Since there are over 45k varyingly different religious sects and denominations globally.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I am a Christian.

You individully may not do it, but it's part of many doctrines and dogmas of Christian sects.

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
What do you mean with "treat them like an abomination"?

How can one be trans, if nowadays people can't even define what a woman is?
Not defining a woman to your satisfaction is not an incapability to define a woman. Definitions are not meant to be exhaustive or absolute, that's where you're starting off with a flawed presupposition that language is prescriptive rather than descriptive

A woman can often be an adult female, but that is not exclusive by nature because the concept of what is womanly, what is feminine, is not absolute and varies greatly by history and culture, same as being manly or what is masculine

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
1:20, the pastor indulges in homophobic hate speech, and says "god has already ruled that ......and homosexuality are crimes worthy of capital punishment".
The problem in the article is that they quote a different pastor (having multiple pastors is becoming more common for some churches) and then have the video with a pastor that isn't nearly as extreme because he knows there'd be consequences if he said that stuff in a public meeting versus his church.

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
How exactly is one born gay? there is no DNA difference between you and a person who thinks he's gay.
You a geneticist? No? Then maybe either admit you're wrong here or have the humility to consider that there hasn't been the kind of genetic distinction you seem to think would be there. There isn't just a gay gene, it's more complex for sexuality in the first place, not dissimilar from gender identity in a way

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Hi!
I hope you don't mind me asking you about 'trans lesbian'. What does this mean?
They are attracted to women, but are technically a trans man, it's arguably meant to factor into the fixation in homosexuality and heterosexuality about sex, which would be female for my trans friend even though they identify as a man (which is gender, not sex). I'll admit I haven't looked into the term much, but from what I gather, it would seem to make sense when you consider that etymological implication

If anything the term gynephile would be more fitting, since it doesn't necessarily entail sex (though I suppose it probably does, there'd need to be a term in regards to attraction to women rather than females as the "sexual" part of that often binary term suggests.

Like me as a cis man and male being heterosexual means I'd be attracted, by that description, to females, not males, but if I dated a trans woman, by the idiocy of that term, I'd somehow be at least bisexual because they aren't female sex-wise.

samtonga43

They are attracted to women, but are technically a trans man, it's arguably meant to factor into the fixation in homosexuality and heterosexuality about sex, which would be female for my trans friend even though they identify as a man (which is gender, not sex). I'll admit I haven't looked into the term much, but from what I gather, it would seem to make sense when you consider that etymological implication

If anything the term gynephile would be more fitting, since it doesn't necessarily entail sex (though I suppose it probably does, there'd need to be a term in regards to attraction to women rather than females as the "sexual" part of that often binary term suggests.

Like me as a cis man and male being heterosexual means I'd be attracted, by that description, to females, not males, but if I dated a trans woman, by the idiocy of that term, I'd somehow be at least bisexual because they aren't female sex-wise.
Thanks. It's very complicated isn't it?

Not defining a woman to your satisfaction is not an incapability to define a woman. Definitions are not meant to be exhaustive or absolute, that's where you're starting off with a flawed presupposition that language is prescriptive rather than descriptive

A woman can often be an adult female, but that is not exclusive by nature because the concept of what is womanly, what is feminine, is not absolute and varies greatly by history and culture, same as being manly or what is masculine

Ok, so, a "man" can as well be then a woman, which makes it impossible to be trans, because there is nowhere to transition´, nothing that would make person woman or man? By what I know, nowadays there are no boy or girl toys, clothes... nothing, which is why person can't transition to anywhere, because there is nothing that defines woman or man.

Transphobes love to use this argument. We can define what a woman is. In fact, it's much better defined, since we no longer define a woman by her reproductive organs and her so-called "femininity" which is all cultural anyway.

How you define a woman?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
How exactly is one born gay?
You weren't born straight? Did you make a decision then, perhaps influenced by religious beliefs, because that would be deeply unhealthy. Me I was born straight, nothing I could do about it, just as gay people are born gay.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Ok, so, a "man" can as well be then a woman, which makes it impossible to be trans, because there is nowhere to transition´,
Man and women are both gender terms which are arbitrary, and biological terms which are not, why is this so hard to grasp? Gender dysphoria is real, and if someone is suffering, and if identifying as a gender that differs from their biological one helps ease that suffering, what's the big deal exactly?