• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solution to homosexuals is by government executions according to Pastor.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
How you define a woman?

It really doesn't matter how I personally define a person's gender. That's for them to decide.

To break it down:

A cisgender woman is a woman who was born a woman. A cisgender man is a man who was born a man.

A transgender woman is a woman assigned male at birth. A transgender man is a man assigned female at birth.

An intersex person can be a man, a woman, or both. They can be demiboys, demigirls, or pangender.

A non-binary ("enby") person does not identify as any specific gender. However, they might identify the same as above: demiboy, demigirl, or pangender.

Agender people do not identify as any gender.

Gender-nonconforming are those who don't conform to gender norms.

There are many more, but the point is, gender is a spectum. Society doesn't define a person's gender. A person defines their gender. No one has a right to tell another person how they define themselves and their gender. People who are obsessed with "proving" someone is actually a man or a woman are weird.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Ok, so, a "man" can as well be then a woman, which makes it impossible to be trans, because there is nowhere to transition´, nothing that would make person woman or man? By what I know, nowadays there are no boy or girl toys, clothes... nothing, which is why person can't transition to anywhere, because there is nothing that defines woman or man.
Are you having a problem with your identity? Tell us what's going on. Why are you having a problem with this issue?

F1fan

Veteran Member
A transgender woman is a woman assigned male at birth. A transgender man is a man assigned female at birth.
I think this phrasing is problematic. To say "assigned" is a bit inaccurate. The gender of a baby is based on the basic biological category that is observed. How gender evolves and is felt as a child grows and matures would be more a matter of assignment, namely personal assignment.

I see many intolerant conservatives complain that homosexuality is created by grooming and other nonsense, so they are attacking how adults assign this status. So to say gender is assigned at birth could be interpreted as adults accused of grooming and alternative gender influence.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I think this phrasing is problematic. To say "assigned" is a bit inaccurate. The gender of a baby is based on the basic biological category that is observed. How gender evolves and is felt as a child grows and matures would be more a matter of assignment, namely personal assignment.

I see many intolerant conservatives complain that homosexuality is created by grooming and other nonsense, so they are attacking how adults assign this status. So to say gender is assigned at birth could be interpreted as adults accused of grooming and alternative gender influence.

Ah, you are correct. Sorry about that. I am still learning.

Are you having a problem with your identity? Tell us what's going on. Why are you having a problem with this issue?

I think it looks funny how at the same time people claim that there are no girl or boy thing, but still some people could "change their gender". I was trying to see can someone here clarify the situation that looks extremely paradoxical.

Man and women are both gender terms which are arbitrary, and biological terms which are not, why is this so hard to grasp? Gender dysphoria is real, and if someone is suffering, and if identifying as a gender that differs from their biological one helps ease that suffering, what's the big deal exactly?

I think it is more like interesting paradox, how can one identify as something that is arbitrary. But, clearly it is too difficult paradox, so we can move on to more important issues.

samtonga43

I think it looks funny how at the same time people claim that there are no girl or boy thing, but still some people could "change their gender". I was trying to see can someone here clarify the situation that looks extremely paradoxical.
No, no, you must be having a 'problem', 1213. :rolleyes:

Clizby Wampuscat

No it isn't, and no it isn't.
It becomes meaningless if anyone can define it anyway they want. What if you point to a car and I call it a potato. We will not be able to communicate very well.

All words change overtime, why can't pronouns if it helps us better understand things?
Use what ever pronouns you want. But what does she/her mean?

We already do, but we also can acknowledge that gender is a cultural concept which can change, unlike someone's biological sex, which can't, well not completely and not at the moment anyway.
I agree with you here. What is the proper term for a person with a penis or vagina?

Clizby Wampuscat

You call them what they tell you to call them.
I agree. I have said many times I will call anyone they want by any name or pronoun. That is not my question. What do we call a person with a penis or vagina? Is biological male/biological female acceptable?