• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Social distancing projects

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
For those of us trying our best to stay home, despite the boredom, what are some projects that you are working on or are planning to do with your social distancing time?
It can be whatever, gardening, DIY projects, reading, catching up on TV etc.

I’m trying to reach my often lofty TBR goals.
I am participating in a few readathons this week.
Tackling the Three Musketeers by Dumas
Want to read more classic sci fi. Finished The Time Machine so I’m planning on more Wells. Maybe start on some John Wyndham.
Finishing my long term reading goal of reading all the English translations of the Odyssey by Homer (2 down like 5 to go lol.)
See if I can at least start Don Quixote finally.

Finish the Spyro Reignited trilogy. Replaying one of my all time favourite childhood games, GTA SAN Andreas (yeah I know it’s rated mature. But everyone seemed to play that one a little too young lol.)

So what are some of yours? Found anything new? Discovered a new favourite book/game/show/movie?
Anything goes :)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
For those of us trying our best to stay home, despite the boredom, what are some projects that you are working on or are planning to do with your social distancing time?
It can be whatever, gardening, DIY projects, reading, catching up on TV etc.

I’m trying to reach my often lofty TBR goals.
I am participating in a few readathons this week.
Tackling the Three Musketeers by Dumas
Want to read more classic sci fi. Finished The Time Machine so I’m planning on more Wells. Maybe start on some John Wyndham.
Finishing my long term reading goal of reading all the English translations of the Odyssey by Homer (2 down like 5 to go lol.)
See if I can at least start Don Quixote finally.

Finish the Spyro Reignited trilogy. Replaying one of my all time favourite childhood games, GTA SAN Andreas (yeah I know it’s rated mature. But everyone seemed to play that one a little too young lol.)

So what are some of yours? Found anything new? Discovered a new favourite book/game/show/movie?
Anything goes :)
I played through one of the Spiros. It was a PC version. Spiro is a purple dragon who likes gems. I think I remember. Spiro doesn't eat the gems but collects them if I recall properly.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I've been playing Fallout 4 for my Xbox and doing yard/house work mostly. Going to paint the front room tomorrow I think.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I played through one of the Spiros. It was a PC version. Spiro is a purple dragon who likes gems. I think I remember. Spiro doesn't eat the gems but collects them if I recall properly.
Yeah Spro was one of the old collectathons from back in the day. A contemporary of Crash Bandicoot and Sir Daniel Fortesque. (Who incidentally both got their respective games remade for the new generation.)
I played Croc a lot as a kid, probably not as good as the other games. But he will always have a special place in my heart

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have two major projects.

The first is getting the weeds in the yard taken care of. We've filled our green bin every week since we started and have more to do.

The second is a true spring cleaning getting rid of clothes and other items that have sat unused some for decades.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have a couple of apps on my phone to get me into the habit of exercising. I did it I think a year ago, for a year until it snowed. It's been a couple of weeks so far. That, and surprisingly, my nutrition is naturally changing as well. I practically stopped sugar cold turkey as well as soft drinks. I'm mostly on the computer if not all the time writing essays and listening to music. That's basically it. The only time I need to go out other than walking and the park is if I'm going to the store. I try not to stay home all the time but I don't have friends to hang out with local. My friend is about two or so hours away and she has kids out of school; so, we call ever so often. I should call her more but for some reason I don't. I've never been a caller. I need a "next" challenge for my health. Mental health is a bit harder. I don't get out any way to practice it until I go to work down the hall.

That's pretty much it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I also learned something new about cooking. Don't cook boiled eggs 3 in the morning. Once it starts boiling, smoke is everywhere and the smoke alarm goes haywire. I just wanted a sandwhich.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I learned how to make my own yeast (sourdough) for baking since the stores have been out of yeast since the beginning of the social distancing. Now that my sourdough starter is well established, the stores are out of flour. Go figure.