• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

so haven or earth

belever

so haven or earth where is going to be a paradise,what the holy books say about it.i dan my own reserch.id like to see others,thanks

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Probably in Australia, right? Maybe California when there aren't earthquakes. I didn't do any research though. It's just my opinion of where a possible "paradise" may be. :D

belever

Probably in Australia, right? Maybe California when there aren't earthquakes. I didn't do any research though. It's just my opinion of where a possible "paradise" may be. :D
hier is eaven beter news for u:
And God went on to say: "Here I have given to YOU all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To YOU let it serve as food. 30 And to every wild beast of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving upon the earth in which there is life as a soul I have given all green vegetation for food." And it came to be so
[gen 1:29,30]

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
What if Heaven is a state of mind- a union with God or "God's Kingdom"? That way, it could be both.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
May no fate wilfully misunderstand me
And half grant what I wish and snatch me away
Not to return. Earth's the right place for love:
I don't know where it's likely to go better.
I'd like to go by climbing a birch tree~
And climb black branches up a snow-white trunk
Toward heaven, till the tree could bear no more,
But dipped its top and set me down again.
That would be good both going and coming back.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.

-Robert Frost,
"Birches"

cardero

Citizen Mod
so haven or earth where is going to be a paradise,what the holy books say about it.i dan my own reserch.id like to see others,thanks
I do not think it will be the earth. This planet cannot sustain paradise, just ask Hugh Hefner.

belever

You
Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth—But How?

‘LIVING forever on earth is just an impossible dream. There is no way anybody can do it.’
You may have heard people say that. Yet you may know that in the beginning it was God’s purpose for obedient humans to live forever in an earthly Paradise. And God never fails to accomplish what he purposes! (Genesis 1:28; Isaiah 55:11) His Word plainly promises: "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it."—Psalm 37:29.
watchtower.org

Last edited:

Dunemeister

Think of the way a chess board is set up at the beginning of play. The goal of the game is not to make sure that the pieces are arranged the same way by the end of the game. The goal is checkmate, which looks a lot different than the original setup. Why couldn't it be similar in the case of the Garden of Eden? Perhaps that was the (necessary) way to start things off in order to achieve the (eventual) aims of God, which may look different in important ways.

belever

Think of the way a chess board is set up at the beginning of play. The goal of the game is not to make sure that the pieces are arranged the same way by the end of the game. The goal is checkmate, which looks a lot different than the original setup. Why couldn't it be similar in the case of the Garden of Eden? Perhaps that was the (necessary) way to start things off in order to achieve the (eventual) aims of God, which may look different in important ways.
and again,thaks for this comment.thats actualy is a good point, but what was Gods goal when he made the Garden of Eden? Did he want someone to be the looser or someone to suffer? 1 Tim 2:3,4;

cardero

Citizen Mod
You
Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth—But How?

‘LIVING forever on earth is just an impossible dream. There is no way anybody can do it.’

You may have heard people say that. Yet you may know that in the beginning it was God’s purpose for obedient humans to live forever in an earthly Paradise. And God never fails to accomplish what he purposes! (Genesis 1:28; Isaiah 55:11) His Word plainly promises: "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it."—Psalm 37:29.
watchtower.org​
The psalms haven't explained whose idea of paradise will be realized or fulfilled (my idea of paradise may not match my neighbors or Jehovah's). The psalms also do not explain how Natural Law will have to be completely rewritten to bring about this paradise (e.g. fire will not harm or destroy, how weather conditions will no longer be destructive, how plants and animals will fare in this idea of paradise, at what age will people stop growing and how the aging process will be thwarted, how sickness will be eliminated, how or if physical entities will reproduce). How much freedom will humans be able to express? What purposes, challenges, experiences will be available in this paradise on earth?

Belever writes: "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it."—Psalm 37:29.

Well, you’ve got a captivating caption to the cover of your brochure, now you just need to address the questions, facts and the details. Many people are not going to buy into a time share on faith.

Last edited:

belever

The psalms haven't explained whose idea of paradise will be realized or fulfilled (my idea of paradise may not match my neighbors or Jehovah's). The psalms also do not explain how Natural Law will have to be completely rewritten to bring about this paradise (e.g. fire will not destroy, how weather conditions will no longer be destructive, how plants and animals will fare in this idea of paradise, at what age will people stop growing and how the aging process will be thwarted, how sickness will be eliminated, how or if physical entities will reproduce). How much freedom will humans be able to express? What purposes, challenges, experiences will be available in this paradise on earth?

Well you’ve got a captivating caption to the cover of your brochure, now you just need to address the questions, facts and the details. Many people are not going to buy into a time share on faith.
its pleasure to have such pasionate people for a conversation.these questions interest me as well and perhaps many others. If people wold be more coashus and more creative then we could bring fire to our own benifit not distruction.Scientists believe that most of distractive weather conditions is coused by a man.allso it is good to know that Jesus did show his abilities to control the mather nature.i dont mand that plants and animals stay asthay are and as it is.Aging process,on this matter sientists can tell as a lot already.How mach freedom,purpose.Life for ever and hol universe in front of as to explore,not to mension music and art.What a beautyful prospect dont you think so.....

Last edited:

moorea944

when you say paradise, are you talking about the kingdom???
if so, yes, it will be on earth. the bible clearly states that. alot will change at that time. there will be a new heaven (meaning the heavens above us...) and a new earth. there will be no sun or stars. the power of God (spirit) will shed light on everything. that will be our light. no morning or evening anymore, there will be need for it. and alot of other things will be different too. the earth will be filled with God's glory.

belever

if so, yes, it will be on earth. the bible clearly states that. alot will change at that time. there will be a new heaven (meaning the heavens above us...) and a new earth. there will be no sun or stars. the power of God (spirit) will shed light on everything. that will be our light. no morning or evening anymore, there will be need for it. and alot of other things will be different too. the earth will be filled with God's glory.
thanks for sharing with me soch beatyful statments from bible about new heaven and new earth Rev 21:1.
At Genesis 11:1, First Kings 2:1, 2, First Chronicles 16:31, Psalm 96:1, etc., the term "earth" is used in a figurative sense, referring to mankind, to human society. Might that be the case at 2 Peter 3:7, 10 and Revelation 21:1?

moorea944

i think a new earth is saying that the planet earth isnt really going to form differently into a new shape or something, i think it's more what going to be in it. the heavens and earth will be filled with God's glory. there is alot of passages that gives us "hints" of what the kingdom will be like. there will be no need for alot of things anymore, like the seas (oceans), the sun, stars, other planets.

i'll look into my notes later tonight and give you more stuff on this. i have a ton of folders on my laptop of all subjects.

and yes, the people will change too. it says when we are raised and at the judgement seat and if Christ says that we can go into the kingdom, we will be instantely changed with God's spirit. we will be immortal like the angels, perfect and sinless. we will work with Christ against the nations and help him with other things that he needs us (the saints) to do.

but i think we are both right on this one concerning what a new earth will be like. if we are accepted into the kingdom (on earth) it will be a gloryous time for us!!!!!

the thing that is hard for us is that the bible doesnt tell us exactlly what is going to happen and how to the point. it only gives us a little taste. i know it's frustrating!! LOL

have a good new year!!!

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

I disagree.

I much prefer the sun, moon, and stars.

I see no reason to take those away, as they are beautiful. It can't be a paradise without those.