• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Small Town Puts Illegal Immigration Back on the Political Map

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Actually, America is a very easy country to legally immigrate to. Sure it may take awhile, but even those who aren't legal citizens can legally be here.

I disagree, although we may have a disagreement over what constitutes "easy." I reside in a community with a very large Hispanic and Asian population (go figure), and none of the immigrants I've met called it "easy." Years of devotion is required. The process may not entail you jumping through Ellis Island loops, but I wouldn't call it easy.

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
I suppose conservatives of such caliber would be the experts on raping and pillaging land and it's inhabitants. People are coming here illegally out of desperation and you're advocating shooting them? Please spare me your "compassion."
No I am talking about armed drug dealers, child molesters, wife beaters, murderers...thugs. I am NOT talking about the poor destitute illegal looking for a better life. These people need to be treated humanely and on a case by case basis considered for immigration to the USA legally. That means going back home until they can be processed in.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
zippythepinhead said:
No I am talking about armed drug dealers, child molesters, wife beaters, murderers...thugs. I am NOT talking about the poor destitute illegal looking for a better life.
Thanks for the clarification. Although, I still think that's a rather harsh for the above.

zippythepinhead said:
These people need to be treated humanely and on a case by case basis considered for immigration to the USA legally. That means going back home until they can be processed in.
You might find a majority of the illegal immigrants to agree with waiting at home if the process to get in here didn't take so long. I know some people that have been waiting close to 8 years just for their application to be processed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I disagree, although we may have a disagreement over what constitutes "easy." I reside in a community with a very large Hispanic and Asian population (go figure), and none of the immigrants I've met called it "easy." Years of devotion is required. The process may not entail you jumping through Ellis Island loops, but I wouldn't call it easy.
Have you ever checked the immigration laws for other countries? Many nations are much harder to get into. Canada, for example, even has a supporter system to make it so family members of Canadian citizens stand a chance at moving in.
And why shouldn't people have to wait? If they really want to move here legally, they're probably going to stay.

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
Thanks for the clarification. Although, I still think that's a rather harsh for the above.

You might find a majority of the illegal immigrants to agree with waiting at home if the process to get in here didn't take so long. I know some people that have been waiting close to 8 years just for their application to be processed.
I do believe the people who want to come here should not have to wait so long that they feel they are forced to break our laws. We need to streamline the process. I look back to the old Ellis Island process for a model. It allowed timely legal immigration while tough standards to get through the gate so to speak.

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
Have you ever checked the immigration laws for other countries? Many nations are much harder to get into. Canada, for example, even has a supporter system to make it so family members of Canadian citizens stand a chance at moving in.
And why shouldn't people have to wait? If they really want to move here legally, they're probably going to stay.
Agreed!:yes:

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I do believe the people who want to come here should not have to wait so long that they feel they are forced to break our laws. We need to streamline the process. I look back to the old Ellis Island process for a model. It allowed timely legal immigration while tough standards to get through the gate so to speak.
A reform on immigration policy is defintely needed I think. I have a good idea of what the old Ellis Island model was like, it definitely seems better than what we have right now.