• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slipknot co-founder and drummer, Joey Jordison, dead at 46

Deidre

Definitely. I always held out hope that Joey would rejoin Slipknot as their current drummer is a douche (who only has a career due to his famous daddy). Now Slipknot will never be as good as they used to be.
They are so talented. I don't listen much to them anymore, but they just had a sound that was unique, and I love Corey Taylor. He passed away peacefully in his sleep, I suppose that is a saving grace, but they may be private with the details. I feel bad for public figures, celebs, etc...it's like this is a private thing, we don't need to know all the details. RIP! :brokenheart:

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
When I began immersing myself in other genres like like death, black, and thrash metal (mostly progdeath, or, to be more specific: Opeth, pre-heritage) I pretty much abandoned Nu metal. It was my gateway into metal though, and I used to listen to a lot of Korn and Slipknot way back in the day. It’s hard to enjoy now because that music reminds me of a person I no longer am and people who are no longer part of my life. A different time, in a different world. A different life. But RIP regardless

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is a sad time for metalheads. He dead on Monday but the news broke yesterday. He was a brilliant drummer, one of the finest of his generation and was a key part of what made Slipknot's Iowa one of the greatest and most influential metal albums of this century. RIP, man. Your blast beats are eternal.

Slipknot’s Joey Jordison corralled chaos with his explosive talent

I do not listen to this form of music, but it is a sad news for all the fans of the band and the drummer.

Rest in peace
Joey Jordison