• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skin cancer

We Never Know

No Slack
Anyone here every had skin cancer?
Monday I had my first diagnosis of skin cancer from a bump over my left eye.

I went to the dermatologist Monday for a odd bump over my left eye, she cut it out and sent it to labs, called me Friday morning and informed me it is skin cancer and set me up with an appointment for November 14th to go in and try to cut it all out.

I asked how much do you have to cut out, she said it depends. We will cut some out, look to see if we got it all, if not go in and cut more out.
I asked how big a spot are we talking about. She said it could be dime size to silver dollar size(or bigger).

I'm like really? That will be down into my eyebrow almost to my eye. She said we wont know until we get in there.

Anyways give me some good mojo that it isn't a big spot they have to take out and that they get it all.

Thanks in advance.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Which kind is it? I had basal cell carcinoma on my upper arm and they scooped it out. Besides basal cell, there is squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma (the bad kind.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I went to the dermatologist Monday for a odd bump over my left eye, she cut it out and sent it to labs, called me Friday morning and informed me it is skin cancer and set me up with an appointment for November 14th to go in and try to cut it all out.

I asked how much do you have to cut out, she said it depends. We will cut some out, look to see if we got it all, if not go in and cut more out.
I asked how big a spot are we talking about. She said it could be dime size to silver dollar size(or bigger).

I'm like really? That will be down into my eyebrow almost to my eye. She said we wont know until we get in there.

Anyways give me some good mojo that it isn't a big spot they have to take out and that they get it all.

Thanks in advance.
Best wishes. Biology can sure suck at times.

Still, catching it early can mean all the difference as with my own health situation as well.

Sounds like it's still early. Good thing is skin heals back albeit uncomfortable atm.

Let us know how you fare.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Thanks in advance.
My wife had that same procedure several years ago and has done fine. Doc had to go a bit deeper than anticipated but he said that's not unusual.

Good luck with yours.

We Never Know

No Slack

Thanks in advance.
Well I had 10 stitches worth of meat cut out of my forehead this morning but they said they got it all.

IMG_20231114_105236.jpg

Bthoth

*banned*

Thanks in advance.
scope to remember is cancer is your own cells.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I'm happy to hear your surgery went well. Onward and upward or just enjoy your recovery. I believe you're an active guy and I hope that continues....Good Luck!

Last edited: