• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Single and Looking Advice?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I always think of eharmony because after my brother's wife of 27 years died of cancer he was adamant about getting married again, but he did not even know how to use a computer back then which was about 20 years ago, so he put an ad in the newspaper. Well, he had some responses but nothing panned out.

After that he went on a Baha'i dating website but he did not get matched up with anyone there so he joined eharmony. As it turned out, he met a Baha'i woman on eharmony whose husband of many years had also died and they met and got married soon after that.

At that time he lived in Washington State and she lived in California so he moved down there, but later, after my mother died in 2007 and he came into half of her inheritance, he and his new wife decided to move to a small town in Colorado where they bought a house. I don't keep in touch with my brother anymore.

He had a very good relationship with his first wife of 27 years but he also has a very good relationship with his second wife, and in many ways they are more compatible. My brother is a very dedicated Baha'i and both of his wives were/are very dedicated, so their lives have always revolved around the Faith.

If I ever become a widow I will probably want to marry again, like my brother, and my husband knows that and thinks it is a good idea. It is not that I need anyone to take care of me, because I am fully self-sufficient and financially set for life. I do not mind being alone, I actually like it, but I don't know if I would want to live alone forever.

Speaking of being alone, my husband took a turn for the worse so he is now in the hospital. He does not have a diagnosis yet but it could be serious. Only after this happened did I realize how much I care about him and love him. Before this we were always bickering and we were not close, even to the point of talking about a separation, but as I told you before, I would never abandon him because even if he was not sick he cannot take care of himself, as he depends upon me for most everything and has for the 37 years we have been married.

It is interesting how a health scare can turn the tables on a relationship. I wrote up a post about this to start a new thread but I have not posted it yet since I have been spending all my time at the hospital and I don't have time to answer posts. I am off to the hospital to spend the day with him now.

Best wishes to your hubby, hope it's nothing serious.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I always think of eharmony because after my brother's wife of 27 years died of cancer he was adamant about getting married again, but he did not even know how to use a computer back then which was about 20 years ago, so he put an ad in the newspaper. Well, he had some responses but nothing panned out.

After that he went on a Baha'i dating website but he did not get matched up with anyone there so he joined eharmony. As it turned out, he met a Baha'i woman on eharmony whose husband of many years had also died and they met and got married soon after that.

At that time he lived in Washington State and she lived in California so he moved down there, but later, after my mother died in 2007 and he came into half of her inheritance, he and his new wife decided to move to a small town in Colorado where they bought a house. I don't keep in touch with my brother anymore.

He had a very good relationship with his first wife of 27 years but he also has a very good relationship with his second wife, and in many ways they are more compatible. My brother is a very dedicated Baha'i and both of his wives were/are very dedicated, so their lives have always revolved around the Faith.

If I ever become a widow I will probably want to marry again, like my brother, and my husband knows that and thinks it is a good idea. It is not that I need anyone to take care of me, because I am fully self-sufficient and financially set for life. I do not mind being alone, I actually like it, but I don't know if I would want to live alone forever.

Speaking of being alone, my husband took a turn for the worse so he is now in the hospital. He does not have a diagnosis yet but it could be serious. Only after this happened did I realize how much I care about him and love him. Before this we were always bickering and we were not close, even to the point of talking about a separation, but as I told you before, I would never abandon him because even if he was not sick he cannot take care of himself, as he depends upon me for most everything and has for the 37 years we have been married.

It is interesting how a health scare can turn the tables on a relationship. I wrote up a post about this to start a new thread but I have not posted it yet since I have been spending all my time at the hospital and I don't have time to answer posts. I am off to the hospital to spend the day with him now.
Gosh, it must be an anxious time for you both. But indeed, yes, when someone gets seriously ill you find out what's important. In fact, I remember a woman at the oil plant, many years ago, who had been separated from her husband for some time, who decided to take him back in her house and care for him, when she found out he had an incurable cancer. It impressed me at the time as an act of sefless love.

I hope for the best for you both.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But indeed, yes, when someone gets seriously ill you find out what's important.
That's for certain, you realize how the other things that seemed so important are not really important at all.

You also realize how you really feel about a person when you are faced with possibly losing him.