• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sin and Love

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don’t find Jesus Christ limiting. He is my all in all…

For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:14-19
you missed it again.

its at who's name everyone will bow the knee. the name isn't jesus. you got that wrong too. the name above all names isn't jesus.

the bowing is to the name and not the person.

philippians 2:20

the name is the name that all are washed from the inside and not the outside like john's baptism

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Sin is a transgression against divine law. If one does not believe divine law is relevant then they cannot sin.
if one finds that the law is to love other's as self and doesn't follow the law, then can one sin? the bible nor any dictionary exclusively defines sin as erroring against what one considers divine. both dictionaries and the bible, torah speak about sinning/erroring against one's fellow human being.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
if one finds that the law is to love other's as self and doesn't follow the law, then can one sin? the bible nor any dictionary exclusively defines sin as erroring against what one considers divine. both dictionaries and the bible, torah speak about sinning/erroring against one's fellow human being.

As I don't consider devine law to be law there is no law to break, since i don't consider divine law to be divine i cannot transgress divine law.

I therefore cannot sin. I can of course be a real nasty person and disregard my own morality and law statutes. It's not sin because there is no divine in me or in statute law. However i choose not to

InChrist

Free4ever
you missed it again.

its at who's name everyone will bow the knee. the name isn't jesus. you got that wrong too. the name above all names isn't jesus.

the bowing is to the name and not the person.

philippians 2:20

the name is the name that all are washed from the inside and not the outside like john's baptism
I don’t know what scriptures you are reading…

…that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth Philippians 2:10

Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders of Israel: 9 If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, 10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. 11 This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 2:8-12

Ebionite

Ignorance of the law of unconditional love is not an excuse.

Deuteronomy 6:5

“And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”
Is ignoring what someone said an expression of love?

Ebionite

…that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth Philippians 2:10

Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders of Israel: 9 If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, 10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. 11 This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 2:8-12

But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Acts 2:16

And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of YHWH shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as YHWH hath said, and in the remnant whom YHWH shall call.
Joel 2:32

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Isaiah 45:23

InChrist

Free4ever
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Acts 2:16

And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of YHWH shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as YHWH hath said, and in the remnant whom YHWH shall call.
Joel 2:32

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Isaiah 45:23
Yes, I think verses as those show that the Son of God was the One interacting with Israel in the OT period. He then came to earth in human flesh, revealed as Jesus Christ the Savior of the world in the NT.

I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior. Isaiah 43:11

Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.
Isaiah 45:21

For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

…but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel…
2 Timothy 1:10

Ebionite

Yes, I think verses as those show that the Son of God was the One interacting with Israel in the OT period. He then came to earth in human flesh, revealed as Jesus Christ the Savior of the world in the NT.

I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior. Isaiah 43:11

Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.
Isaiah 45:21

For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

…but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel…
2 Timothy 1:10

The disciple is not above [his] master, nor the servant above his lord.
Matthew 10:24

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
As I don't consider devine law to be law there is no law to break, since i don't consider divine law to be divine i cannot transgress divine law.

I therefore cannot sin. I can of course be a real nasty person and disregard my own morality and law statutes. It's not sin because there is no divine in me or in statute law. However i choose not to

having a bias towards a word doesn't negate the idea. criminal and civil law both uses the idea of committing a wrong against another person(s) and hold the offender accountable because of the imbalance/injustice in the act

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
having a bias towards a word doesn't negate the idea. criminal and civil law both uses the idea of committing a wrong against another person(s) and hold the offender accountable because of the imbalance/injustice in the act

Criminal and civil law are given by elected (or official) representatives, they are not written by bronze age sheep herders and claimed to be a gods word

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

there is a 144,000 with the father's name in their forehead.

again it isn't a person exclusively. the name is hallowed.

isaiah 60:9-14

InChrist

Free4ever
there is a 144,000 with the father's name in their forehead.

again it isn't a person exclusively. the name is hallowed.

isaiah 60:9-14
Your post and/or point is very unclear to me. Clarify if you wish.

The 144,000 referred to in Revelation …who had his name (Jesus) and his Father’s name written on their foreheads (Rev. 14:1)
…are Jews specifically from the tribes of Israel, set apart for a special purpose and mission during the Great Tribulation, and
…They follow the Lamb wherever he goes (Rev.14:4)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your post and/or point is very unclear to me. Clarify if you wish.

The 144,000 referred to in Revelation …who had his name (Jesus) and his Father’s name written on their foreheads (Rev. 14:1)
…are Jews specifically from the tribes of Israel, set apart for a special purpose and mission during the Great Tribulation, and
…They follow the Lamb wherever he goes (Rev.14:4)

The name isn't Jesus.

John 5:43.

Jesus told the disciples to go forth baptizing in the name. He didn't tell the disciples to go forth baptizing in water.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
The name isn't Jesus.

John 5:43.

Jesus told the disciples to go forth baptizing in the name. He didn't tell the disciples to go forth baptizing in water.
That verse doesn’t address the subject of baptism.

Of course Jesus came in His Father’s name since they are one, His Father sent Him, and the Son and Father are united in their purpose of redemption for humanity…

And the Father who sent Me has Himself testified concerning Me. You have never heard Hi voice nor seen His form, 38 nor does His word dwell in you, for you do not believe the One He sent. 39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about Me, 40 yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.
John 5:37-40

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That verse doesn’t address the subject of baptism.

Of course Jesus came in His Father’s name since they are one, His Father sent Him, and the Son and Father are united in their purpose of redemption for humanity…

And the Father who sent Me has Himself testified concerning Me. You have never heard Hi voice nor seen His form, 38 nor does His word dwell in you, for you do not believe the One He sent. 39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about Me, 40 yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.
John 5:37-40
the name isn't jesus.

the baptism into the name isn't the baptism of john with water. the baptism in in the name is the baptism by fire; which cleans the inward parts. john's baptism cleans the outward.

matthew 3:11
luke 3:16
mark 1:8

InChrist

Free4ever
the name isn't jesus.

the baptism into the name isn't the baptism of john with water. the baptism in in the name is the baptism by fire; which cleans the inward parts. john's baptism cleans the outward.

matthew 3:11
luke 3:16
mark 1:8
First you bring up the 144,000, then jump to baptism all the while saying “the name isn’t Jesus”, yet the scriptures are clear, the Gospel message is that salvation is found only in Jesus Christ ( Acts 4:12).

“The name of Jesus and the person of Jesus Christ are inseparably linked. Jesus’ name and His power, authority, and personhood are one and the same. The name of Jesus embodies who He is.

The English name Jesus comes from the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name Yeshua, which literally means “Yahweh is salvation” or “The Lord Saves.” When the earliest Christians spoke the name of Jesus, they expressed their awareness that He was the Christ, the anointed Messiah, who embodied God’s promised salvation.”

“Only Jesus saves. John 3:16–17 tells us the good news: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
First you bring up the 144,000, then jump to baptism all the while saying “the name isn’t Jesus”, yet the scriptures are clear, the Gospel message is that salvation is found only in Jesus Christ ( Acts 4:12).

“The name of Jesus and the person of Jesus Christ are inseparably linked. Jesus’ name and His power, authority, and personhood are one and the same. The name of Jesus embodies who He is.

The English name Jesus comes from the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name Yeshua, which literally means “Yahweh is salvation” or “The Lord Saves.” When the earliest Christians spoke the name of Jesus, they expressed their awareness that He was the Christ, the anointed Messiah, who embodied God’s promised salvation.”

“Only Jesus saves. John 3:16–17 tells us the good news: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”

the name of the Lord isn't Lord

god is the Father/Mother of ALL not just jesus. you were told to call no man on earth father for a reason. matthew 23:9

john 4:22 applies because you do not know what it is you worship.

the word lord isn't the name. God's name isn't jesus. the father's name isn't jesus, the Father's name isn't Lord

leviticus 24

10 And the son of an Israelitish woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel: and this son of the Israelitish woman and a man of Israel strove together in the camp;

11 And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of the Lord, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan:)

12 And they put him in ward, that the mind of the Lord might be shewed them.

there are those who worship the Father in Spirit because they glorify god in themselves.

salvation is inward. jesus can't save you from yourself.

Last edited: