• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Silicon valley is building a Chinese-style social credit system in America

Cooky

Veteran Member
I've seen others who have signs along the lines of "Prices subject to increase depending on customer's attitude."

But, but, but..... "Racism". :mad:

VacantUntidyIcelandicsheepdog-size_restricted.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Milton Platt

• INSURANCE COMPANIES
    The New York State Department of Financial Services announced earlier this year that life insurance companies can base premiums on what they find in your social media posts
  • I don't live in New York, so......
  • PatronScan helps spot fake IDs—and troublemakers. When customers arrive at a PatronScan-using bar, their ID is scanned. The company maintains a list of objectionable customers designed to protect venues from people previously removed for “fighting, sexual assault, drugs, theft, and other bad behavior,” according to its website. A “public” list is shared among all PatronScan customers. So someone who’s banned by one bar in the U.S. is potentially banned by all the bars in the U.S., the U.K., and Canada that use the PatronScan system for up to a year. (PatronScan Australia keeps a separate system.)
  • I don't frequent bars much at all, so won't affect me. If I was a bar owner, I would be happy to have a way to screen out trouble-makers to ensure the safety of my patrons.
  • UBER AND AIRBNB
    Thanks to the sharing economy, the options for travel have been extended far beyond taxis and hotels. Uber and Airbnb are leaders in providing transportation and accommodation for travelers. But there are many similar ride-sharing and peer-to-peer accommodations companies providing similar services.

Airbnb—a major provider of travel accommodation and tourist activities—bragged in March that it now has more than 6 million listings in its system. That’s why a ban from Airbnb can limit travel options.
  • Actually, many if not most people don't list only on Air BNB, they list on multiple sites to increase the pool of customers.

Airbnb can disable your account for life for any reason it chooses, and it reserves the right to not tell you the reason. The company’s canned message includes the assertion that “This decision is irreversible and will affect any duplicated or future accounts. Please understand that we are not obligated to provide an explanation for the action taken against your account.”
  • Just lawyer-speak. They won't be in the habit of rejecting customers for silly reasons.....no customers...no revenue.
Uh-oh: Silicon Valley is building a Chinese-style social credit system

....Now I'm just curious if there is any appetite to make this activity illegal in the United States...