• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Silently Praying to God what does it take to be a muslim?

My friend told me all i have to do is pray to God and tell him i believe Muhammad(PBUH) is his messenger and that Jesus is a prophet of allah who worked miracles and sent to the house of israel, and that On the day of judgment allah will send us to either heaven or hell based on our deeds.

What else am i missing?

The reason i ask is i am loving islam at the moment but my one issue is the jesus on the cross thing. Lets take jesus's divinity out of the question and say he is just a human prophet, still, if he died on the cross and defeated hell, that is very important, and that is t eating that small groups still hold to this day. I know one cay san well Allah can defeat hell, true, but maybe allah sends Jesus… i don't know for sure, i am just throwing it out there, and i know the quran says do not speculate about Allah, so i apologize.

anyways, if i disagree with the cross thing, but do believe in Muhamad, and do believe in paradise and hell, and do pray 5 times a day, and give to charity, am i considered muslim? can i go to mecca?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
My friend told me all i have to do is pray to God and tell him i believe Muhammad(PBUH) is his messenger and that Jesus is a prophet of allah who worked miracles and sent to the house of israel, and that On the day of judgment allah will send us to either heaven or hell based on our deeds.

What else am i missing?

The reason i ask is i am loving islam at the moment but my one issue is the jesus on the cross thing. Lets take jesus's divinity out of the question and say he is just a human prophet, still, if he died on the cross and defeated hell, that is very important, and that is t eating that small groups still hold to this day. I know one cay san well Allah can defeat hell, true, but maybe allah sends Jesus… i don't know for sure, i am just throwing it out there, and i know the quran says do not speculate about Allah, so i apologize.

anyways, if i disagree with the cross thing, but do believe in Muhamad, and do believe in paradise and hell, and do pray 5 times a day, and give to charity, am i considered muslim? can i go to mecca?

Peace be on you.
From Ahmadiyya Muslim Point of View who believe latter day's promised reformer has come. [Ref: Ahmadiyya DIR]

1-
To enter Islam, one professes:
images

LA ELAHA ILLALLAHO MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

There is none worthy of worship except Allah (and) Muhammad is His Messenger.

2- The Five Pillars of Islam (Declaration of the Islamic Faith)
  1. Bearing witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah
  2. Observance of Prayer
  3. Paying Zakat
  4. Fasting during Ramadhan
  5. Pilgrimage to the house of Allah.

Six main Articles of faith in Islam

Ref: wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/islam/

3-
Ahmadiyya Muslims believe that Jesus (on whom be peace) was human Prophet in the dispensation of Moses (on be peace), he survived cross and migrated to Kashmir via Iran, Afghanistan, Punjab, to meet lost sheep [tribes of Israel], lived there and successfully preached message of One God and died at age of 120 years, his tomb is in Srinagar Kashmir. [Proofs from Quran, Bible, Old Medical and Historical Records]
Ref: wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/topics/jesus/

Last edited:

Sakeenah

What else am i missing?

Hi,

Welcome to Islam dir :)

A Muslim means one who submits to the will of God. Becoming a Muslim is quite an easy process. You can do it in private or in the presence of others such as in the mosque. The most important thing is that you truly belief that there is none worthy of worship except God and that Muhammed is his messenger like the messengers before him like Moses,Jesus peace be upon them all.

You become a Muslim by saying one sentence.

Ashadu an laa ilaha Illalah wa Muhammad rasullulah

I testify that there's no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.

And about your question if you are Muslim..that's something you know best if you belief in what I said above and you said the Sahada that will make you a Muslim

Hope this answers your question

Sorry although i did not understand what making you confuse so if yoiu can please put in more clear and easy englihs might be we also understand.

Any way, i think you just have confusion on one thing, due to any reason the rest is OK for you , so what i can say to you is start believing what is OK for you, and for confusion, is it it much better you can think like " I belive what ever Allah says" rather making your own decision, just image what ever Allah say you belive in that way you will never be wrong as you are lefting your thinkin on Allah which can never be wrong.

If you want then you can study it on that topic more and instead of asking those question here as people are not expert here and you might got confuse ask some great scholra like Zakir Naik or some of the top who can cleary you confusion more easily.

Allah knows the best.