• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sikhism:Did Nanak receive any direct Converse of G-d?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Did Nanak receive any direct Converse of G-d, please?
I understand that G-d did not speak with Nanak in a clear,unequivocal,unambiguous and straightforward manner, as per Granth .
If yes, kindly quote from Nanak, please?
Right, please?
Thread open to everybody of religion or no-religion.

Regards

7 And the Lord said to Moses: "Go, descend, for your people that you have brought up from the land of Egypt have acted corruptly.
Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 32 (Parshah Ki Tisa)

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Non-Sikh Non-Ahmadi Non religious person here.

To me I would say what is more impressive, circular claims, or the content and impact of teachings upon the world?

If it is the later you have not made your case yet. If it is the former people who have claimed converse with God number in the hundreds at least, so how do you distinguish between them without ignoring their circular claims, and instead examining their teachings and impact?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

To me I would say what is more impressive, circular claims, or the content and impact of teachings upon the world?

If it is the later you have not made your case yet. If it is the former people who have claimed converse with God number in the hundreds at least, so how do you distinguish between them without ignoring their circular claims, and instead examining their teachings and impact?
The OP is specific about Nanak from the Nanak's words in the Granth. Please read Granth first, it won't harm one. Right,please?

Regards

danieldemol

Premium Member
The OP is specific about Nanak from the Nanak's words in the Granth. Please read Granth first, it won't harm one. Right,please?

Regards
I did not even suggest that it would harm anyone to read the Granth.

The OP is just another attempt to belittle non-Ahmadi religions, and in that it fails because it does not even attempt to compare the teachings of the two religions in question.

Instead it diverts attention from the real issues with a pretence that circular claims are of any importance.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I did not even suggest that it would harm anyone to read the Granth.

The OP is just another attempt to belittle non-Ahmadi religions, and in that it fails because it does not even attempt to compare the teachings of the two religions in question.

Instead it diverts attention from the real issues with a pretence that circular claims are of any importance.
Since one suggests comparison, I will compare Sikhism with Bahaism, please.
Right, please?

Regards

danieldemol

Premium Member
Right, please?

Regards
You can do what you like, but I’m not a Baha’i, so that wouldn’t be relevant to me personally, and it would also fail to demonstrate the superiority of Ahmadiyya Islam to the Sikh faith.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
You can do what you like, but I’m not a Baha’i, so that wouldn’t be relevant to me personally, and it would also fail to demonstrate the superiority of Ahmadiyya Islam to the Sikh faith.
With a lot on my plate - metaphorically- it took me longer than usual to recognize that our fellow forum member had moved on to another religion to mock and belittle, all the while attempting to present himself as a simple, honest and humble seeker of knowledge.

Having been chastised by members of every faith community on the forum that he has sought, so far, to demean, I think he may be seeking to find a religion with no adherents on the forum so that he can proceed unfettered.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
With a lot on my plate - metaphorically- it took me longer than usual to recognize that our fellow forum member had moved on to another religion to mock and belittle, all the while attempting to present himself as a simple, honest and humble seeker of knowledge.

Having been chastised by members of every faith community on the forum that he has sought, so far, to demean, I think he may be seeking to find a religion with no adherents on the forum so that he can proceed unfettered.

It's a strategy, and he's not the only one who uses it here. In politics, 'attack the other guy' strategy often works, sadly.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Right, please?

danieldemol said:

Welcome old friend here. Isn't one a little late this time?
Shouldn't I make comparison between Sikhism and Judaism, please?
Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

"With a lot on my plate"

Sure, one has I understand a lot of stress on one, just to comfort one.

Moses did have Converse with G-d. G-d talked to Moses and Moses talked with G-d, there was a dialogue between G-d and Moses and I understand it is recorded in Torah. Even before Moses G-d talked with Abraham and Noah and Adam as mentioned in Torah. Right, please?

There is nothing as such in Granth about Nanak in Nanak's hymns, I understand. There might have been something like that between G-d and Nanak, but courtesy Angad and Bala, they preferred not to include it in the hymns/words of Nanak in Granth. It includes only in a general sense inspiration to Nanak not a specific Converse between G-d and Nanak, I imagine.Right, please?

Angad a self-made "guru" adopted some measures, I understand, to distance Nanak from his lovers from Muslims and Hindus and adopted, among others as I undestand, a script that was not so popular in those times, so that treasure of Converse with G-d perhaps has been lost, I imagine.Right, please?

Maybe, if we make a joint study of Nanak's hymns in the Granth, we may find a sentence or two of direct Converse from G-d with Nanak, but hitherto I have found none. Right, please?
Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Our friend @RabbiO informed us in his post #7 in this thread
that
"With a lot on my plate"

I informed him that:

Sure, one has I understand a lot of stress on one, just to comfort one.

Moses did have Converse with G-d. G-d talked to Moses and Moses talked with G-d, there was a dialogue between G-d and Moses and I understand it is recorded in Torah. Even before Moses G-d talked with Abraham and Noah and Adam as mentioned in Torah. Right, please?

There is nothing as such in Granth about Nanak in Nanak's hymns, I understand. There might have been something like that between G-d and Nanak, but courtesy Angad and Bala, they preferred not to include it in the hymns/words of Nanak in Granth. It includes only in a general sense inspiration to Nanak not a specific Converse between G-d and Nanak, I imagine.Right, please?

Angad a self-made "guru" adopted some measures, I understand, to distance Nanak from his lovers from Muslims and Hindus and adopted, among others as I undestand, a script that was not so popular in those times, so that treasure of Converse with G-d perhaps has been lost, I imagine.Right, please?

Maybe, if we make a joint study of Nanak's hymns in the Granth, we may find a sentence or two of direct Converse from G-d with Nanak, but hitherto I have found none. Right, please?
Right, please?

OOOOOO

Now, I am at "Page 1244 of 1430 ", I still have not found any verse of Nanak in Nanak's hymns in the Granth which could be said to be a direct Coverse of G-d with Nanak in unequivocal , straightforward and clear terms with Nanak. If G-d could have Converse with Moses, Abraham, Noah and Adam, so as I understand G-d could have with Nanak.
But Angad, I envision, and his associates excluded these from the Nanak's hymns in the Granth, please.
Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Did Nanak receive any direct Converse of G-d, please?
I understand that G-d did not speak with Nanak in a clear,unequivocal,unambiguous and straightforward manner, as per Granth .
If yes, kindly quote from Nanak, please?
Right, please?
Thread open to everybody of religion or no-religion.

Regards

7 And the Lord said to Moses: "Go, descend, for your people that you have brought up from the land of Egypt have acted corruptly.
Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 32 (Parshah Ki Tisa)

O Saints of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, listen, and hear the Lord's Teachings, through the True Guru Page 87 line 16.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe that is why I ruled out Krishna as an incarnation because of his teaching. I have yet to find anything wrong in the Granth but I haven't read much of it because it is a prodigious work.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Regards

I believe it is long enough to be scary by that alone but also gurus tend to ramble a lot and then there is the complete alien form of thinking and saying things.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe that is why I ruled out Krishna as an incarnation because of his teaching. I have yet to find anything wrong in the Granth but I haven't read much of it because it is a prodigious work.
But Nanak's hymns: are:
  1. about 1/3 of the Granth. Right, please?
  2. Even in Nanak's hymns in Granth there is much repetition.Right, please?
  3. It is not in chronological order. One cannot ascertain from its inner contents as to when it was written.Right, please?
  4. Nanak's hymn in Granth, I understand, are less than the Bible (OT+NT).Right, please?
  5. Nanak's hymn in Granth, I understand, are much less than the Vedas+Puranas+Gita.Right, please?
  6. Nanak's hymn in Granth, I understand, are less than the Buddhism Scripture.Right, please?
  7. Nanak's hymn in Granth, I understand, are less than the Bahaism Scripture.Right, please?
  8. Nanak's hymn in Granth, I understand, are less than the Judaism Scripture.Right, please?
I ,therefore, suggest that one should make a joint study of Nanak's hymn in Granth with me. Right, please?

Regards