• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sigur Ros

Tawn

I am totally hooked on this band after discovering them this week. This is quite simply the most amazing music I have ever heard.

Im gonna just copy an email that I sent to a few people whom I thought would enjoy it too.

1. Because im lazy.
2. Because it provides useful links.
3. So I can get back to listening

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually im emailing because I want to share a discovery with you.. no, nothing to do with religion or science. ;)

This is quite odd of me, and I wouldnt normally do this, but.. anyway, I have recently been watching a programme aired on the BBC called Planet Earth. It is the most amazing nature documentary series I have ever seen.. but actually thats not what I wanted to mention (but look out for it on World BBC or whatever its called in America ;) ).. the programme has a trailer.. follow this link for a realtime player version of it..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/sn/tvradio/programmes/planetearth/video/preview?size=16x9&bgc=C0C0C0&nbram=1&bbram=1

Well I dont know if you agree.. but the music is rather good eh?

Well I tracked the creators down.. an icelandic band called Sigur Ros.

How can I put it? Words cannot describe the beauty of their music (well some at the very least).
You cannot sing along with it (its in icelandic anyway). You cannot dance to it. However, this is music that will touch your soul and wrench your heart out. I have heard that it is an aquired taste, but for me anyway, this stuff is breathtaking. The more I listen - the more I love it.

If you know them already, I apologise - get back to listening ;) Otherwise, I implore you to follow this link http://sigur-ros.co.uk/media/dldvideo.php and download the music videos, from their site, of Glosoli and Hoppipolla.

If you dont like them, I am very sorry to waste your time, but chances are you will.. and not only will you like them.. you will probably love them - in which case you'll be thanking me for telling you about them! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy them too!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Tawn said:
I am totally hooked on this band after discovering them this week. This is quite simply the most amazing music I have ever heard.

Im gonna just copy an email that I sent to a few people whom I thought would enjoy it too.

1. Because im lazy.
2. Because it provides useful links.
3. So I can get back to listening

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually im emailing because I want to share a discovery with you.. no, nothing to do with religion or science.

This is quite odd of me, and I wouldnt normally do this, but.. anyway, I have recently been watching a programme aired on the BBC called Planet Earth. It is the most amazing nature documentary series I have ever seen.. but actually thats not what I wanted to mention (but look out for it on World BBC or whatever its called in America ;) ).. the programme has a trailer.. follow this link for a realtime player version of it..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/sn/tvradio/programmes/planetearth/video/preview?size=16x9&bgc=C0C0C0&nbram=1&bbram=1

Well I dont know if you agree.. but the music is rather good eh?

Well I tracked the creators down.. an icelandic band called Sigur Ros.

How can I put it? Words cannot describe the beauty of their music (well some at the very least).
You cannot sing along with it (its in icelandic anyway). You cannot dance to it. However, this is music that will touch your soul and wrench your heart out. I have heard that it is an aquired taste, but for me anyway, this stuff is breathtaking. The more I listen - the more I love it.

If you know them already, I apologise - get back to listening ;) Otherwise, I implore you to follow this link http://sigur-ros.co.uk/media/dldvideo.php and download the music videos, from their site, of Glosoli and Hoppipolla.

If you dont like them, I am very sorry to waste your time, but chances are you will.. and not only will you like them.. you will probably love them - in which case you'll be thanking me for telling you about them! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy them too!

I'm a sucker for music, and, yes, I loved it!

Thanks Tawn (Nice to see you BTW):)

frg001

Complex bunch of atoms
I love Sigur Ros.
If you like them however, try...(in no particular order)

Godspeed you Black Emporer
Boards of Canada
Explosions in the sky
Mogwai
Mum
Set fire to Flames
then
maybe even Air, and possibly Royksopp and and almost endless list

In fact try www.pandora.com

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Hey Tawn, had these guys recommended to me a couple of days ago and on that reccomendation bought Von... Definitely album oriented concept stuff, but lubbable for that ;).

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Scarlett Wampus said:
Chris Agaetis Byrjun is probably the best CD to start with imo.
Thanks! Also had that recommended. Decided on Von cos there were no Lyrics. Why talk when you've got a guitar ;) Be picking that up Saturday now :D Cheers S_W

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
frg001 said:
I love Sigur Ros.
If you like them however, try...(in no particular order)

Godspeed you Black Emporer
Boards of Canada
Explosions in the sky
Mogwai
Mum
Set fire to Flames
Took me a long time to work out what the hell it was good for, but I love Post-Rock now.