• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Significance to God?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If there exists some type of conscious force/entity which could be described as god, what makes anyone think that we would be of particular significance to it? Or, even that life at all would be of particular significance to it? We are simply collections of elements organized and interacting in a particular way. So are planets, stars, and gases.

Is there any reason to think such an entity would apply special significance to the collections of elements which comprise life over the collections of elements which comprise what we define as non-life?
Depends on what sort of god it is. Do you mean like some monotheistic god that stands separate from her creation, or some god that IS her creation? If it's the latter, I suppose that a god would take interest in herself through the universe.

If there existed a god, it might not be able to tell (or care) where the particles of my body end and the particles of the floor below me begin. It might view everything differently.

I suppose that it's not unreasonable that if there existed a god, and it bothered to create anything at all or expand into something more than pure monism, then it would find life to be among the more interesting things in the universe. It's one of the more complex things, after all. And it would be weird in the sense that, consciousness existed first, and then the physical laws and particles led to emergent consciousness, so it's sort of full circle. But based on the dynamics of the universe and nature, where the larger picture continues regardless of what happens to the little pieces, I would wager that such a god wouldn't care about any particular individuals on a personal level.

mohammed_beiruti

If there exists some type of conscious force/entity which could be described as god, what makes anyone think that we would be of particular significance to it? Or, even that life at all would be of particular significance to it? We are simply collections of elements organized and interacting in a particular way. So are planets, stars, and gases.

Is there any reason to think such an entity would apply special significance to the collections of elements which comprise life over the collections of elements which comprise what we define as non-life?

there is a system which set a balance between those element.

system rules over one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-one relations.

suppose that all men in the world working as physicans, the balance of this world will be broken; because who would bring food to the physicans?, who would supply him with electricity to work with his medical instruments?, who would help him in making his surgery?, who would make the metal tools that he suppose to use in his surgery?....etc.

there must be a diversity, and one must be distinct in a specific field.

the question I would like to ask you is:

does God need someones help?

do his creatures needs him ?

tarasan

This within the context of my religious faith or within something like Diesm?