• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sick as a dog.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I've got my A1c down to 8.1 should be below 7, but it was up to 9.7, my latest drop was from cutting out the french fries and switching to steamed vegetables at Denney's. Now the very occasional french fries are like dessert to me, once in a while. Unfortunately my Triglycerides are through the roof, too much fat and cheese in my diet (I'm vegetarian) but fat is good for diabetes, bad for heart disease and I have both. Which one will kill me quicker, I guess someday I'll find out.

Fries are OK in "small fry" sized quantity for me (must eat the burger with them), but if I was 8.1 I'd take all carbs out and trying to keep "meal carbs" from fresh veggies. (evade all the white ones but cauliflower!!! And cut back on any of the roots...) You are trying to do something very hard though, be veg AND diabetic -- personally, I wouldn't try. Eating more protein/fiber at your meals allows you to safely eat more carbs without causing spikes. I've found that if I go to a fast food place the burger is fine, but the large fries are not. The fat/protein count on the burger outweigh the carbs in the bun. Ditto on pizza, which I can have a few full size pieces if it has a good amount of meat. If it's just cheese, can only eat one. :D Anyway, you are limited to such a small selection of vegs and no fruit besides berries that it makes it tough to be on that diet. I realize you might be cruelty free or whatever (based on your previous posts) but it's tough to live that way with this sort of health problem.

Also, if the cholesterol is bad have a glass or two of wine or two shots worth of hard liquor a day. Scientifically proven to raise the good and lower the bad. :D Maybe it is just because it relieves stress? Who needs a reason to drink anyway? :D

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
OMG! I believe you! And I pray all gets well. My brother is diabetic - what is making things worse is there is a horrible virus around here in S.F. Bay Area California, it is like the flu BUT IS NOT THE FLU and no one knows what it is. You lungs feel like they are "itching", you feel you're head is going to "explode", dry "vomits", pain in joints, many where I work have been gone for days, school teachers just gone, it is making everything WORSE if you are vulnerable.

As for PTSD, I did not want to mention it but I have also had a bit of that related to the year long election war. I do not compare mine with yours, but it is now having it's effect. But I will come out of it, and also believe you as PTSD is a very real thing, many in IT profession have it. Working in IT can be like war.

Hope all is well SOON!

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Anyone that claims they have PTSD from being a right wing xxxxxxx in the election campaign needs to have their head examined

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Thank you ShivaFan.
I appreciate the warm kind words.
I'll get better.
I take metformen daily to lower blood sugar.
I just deal with it.
Sadly my precious 17 year old fine son is badly diabetic and shoots
insulin 4 X a day.
There is promising research being done with certain types of juvenile
diabetics and a possible cure for some types on the horizon.

Timothy Bryce

Just got out of the e.r.
Blood suger is really bad, over 600 points, near dead.
'Docs wanted to admit me but I wanna die at home with family.
IF I die that is.
Frankly I'd have to get better to die.
Prol'y a good idea to quit drinking Coca Cola huh?
Better than booze. I'm out of booze. Son hid it from me, :<(
I have some drugs tho. :>)
Prescription stuff it helps me to keep calm.
My p.t.s.d. is really bad now, current events ya know. Triggers it.
It's awful to be so very afraid and there is no reason to be afraid.
p.t.s.d. Fear for no reason at all.
I pray to my God to make the fear go away.
It's a year now since my detective partner shot himself in the head.
Why in hell did he do that?
We saved each others lives many times. Gunfights ya know.
We went through so much together and I wasn't there for him and I feel so damned guilty
No one understands p.t.s.d. unless you have it.
I get so very afraid and there is no one to talk to about it.
My son wants me to get admitted to rehab again but I don't want to.
It's awful to go through withdrawal and shake so bad and can't even hold down water.I'm sorry to whine
and cry like this please forgive me for being a wimp.
I'll be o.k. after the shakes go away.
It gets better. Maybe?

Jesus - definitively stop the sugar intake. Reading that made me cringe.

Advice from a dude whose been through rehab 3 times before turning 30: Go to a nice, private facility that is well-funded and don't skimp on paying for the treatment you receive there. Find one with your own room where you'll feel comfortable. You'll be surprised (if you get yourself to a decent facility) at how easy taking that first step will turn your life around. If you don't like being in a certain place, pack up and go to a different one.

Do it for your family.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I may not require a rehab hospital this go round.
I'm not nearly as sick as I was yesterday, appetite is better and
of course no booze.
Addiction nearly killed me a couple of times, did kill my parents and
is doing a number on my sister.
I have a solid support group in A.A. a sponsor and co-sponsor and
of course prayer and asking God for courage. And meetings.
Sober places for sober people. :>)
My family is golden with support. Not enabling but support in abstaining.
No one in this house drinks and there is nothing here to tempt me.
Thanks for your kind concern.
God first and foremost, Big Book, Sponsor, meetings daily.
Alcoholism killed mom and dad and ALL their siblings.
Cunning, baffling, powerful. DEADLY.