• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Show me proof

krsnaraja

Show me proof God is talking to us every other second of the minute every hour every day the rest of our lives. & I`ll give you a prize.

elmarna

to doubt is to admit you have yet to connect to him.
I take it you do not meditate?
i can only say that when you have found to method that works to do so...You will be amazed!

Photonic

Ad astra!
Ahhhhh, you have to make the prize something cool. Like...cookies. Or CAKE!

But then people will just tell you that you're lying because it's cake. :(

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
I am honestly confused about how to respond to this. Half of me is tempted to report this as baiting/spam. The other half of me is wondering who would be foolish enough to try to rise to such a foolish challenge.

You honestly expect to receive evidence over the internet? This is the same place where anonymity allows people to claim to be aliens and unicorn were-tiger hybrids.

You expect anyone to take your "prize" claim seriously? What is it: "$10 US over paypal?"

Side Note: I don't think anyone has ever advanced the claim that "God" is communicating with us each and every second of every moment of every day all the time. Some pantheists/panentheists might be willing to advance a claim that "God" informs us in the same way that the laws of physics "inform us" each and every moment all the time, but that isn't the same thing as communication.

MTF

krsnaraja

Okay. I will omit the prize. But can you show me proof God is always talking to us every other second of the minute, hour, day & for the rest of our lives?

krsnaraja

I am honestly confused about how to respond to this. Half of me is tempted to report this as baiting/spam. The other half of me is wondering who would be foolish enough to try to rise to such a foolish challenge.

You honestly expect to receive evidence over the internet? This is the same place where anonymity allows people to claim to be aliens and unicorn were-tiger hybrids.

You expect anyone to take your "prize" claim seriously? What is it: "$10 US over paypal?"

Side Note: I don't think anyone has ever advanced the claim that "God" is communicating with us each and every second of every moment of every day all the time. Some pantheists/panentheists might be willing to advance a claim that "God" informs us in the same way that the laws of physics "inform us" each and every moment all the time, but that isn't the same thing as communication.

MTF

Get a stethoscope. Put the bell part of the instrument on your mid chest then tell me what are these beating sounds you hear.

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
So I'm heartless and this entire thread was meant to be a joke? :confused:

If that is the case, then you are in the wrong forum. The Joke Threads are found here.

This forum is used for debate.

MTF

Photonic

Ad astra!
Get a stethoscope. Put the bell part of the instrument on your mid chest then tell me what are these beating sounds you hear.

The still beating heart I stole from that dying orphan I was eating.

I had to find SOMETHING to put in there. I was told humans keep things there too.

IsmailaGodHasHeard

MTF
You do not have the right to report this person because they have done nothing wrong.

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
Something cannot come from nothing. That would make no sense to me.

Something cannot come from nothing. It wouldn't just be making no sense to you; it would be making no sense to anyone who was honest about understanding what the terms mean.

Creation Ex Nihilo is impossible. If it is part of something's identity to not have a trait, then it by definition cannot do something which is associated with that trait.

But there is a hidden assumption on your part. You are assuming reality has a beginning. We don't know this. The universe might have had a beginning, but that doesn't mean that reality had a beginning. And we aren't even sure the universe has a beginning.

Point being; If you have an eternal uncreated universe/reality, then there isn't any need for it to be created in the first place.

MTF

Photonic

Ad astra!
Something cannot come from nothing. It wouldn't just be making no sense to you; it would be making no sense to anyone who was honest about understanding what the terms mean.

Creation Ex Nihilo is impossible. If it is part of something's identity to not have a trait, then it by definition cannot do something which is associated with that trait.

But there is a hidden assumption on your part. You are assuming reality has a beginning. We don't know this. The universe might have had a beginning, but that doesn't mean that reality had a beginning. And we aren't even sure the universe has a beginning.

Point being; If you have an eternal uncreated universe/reality, then there isn't any need for it to be created in the first place.

MTF

That something cannot come from nothing argument has always confused me.

It's circular logic isn't it?

Would it not also be an infinitely complex explanation for finite complexity?

Erebus

That something cannot come from nothing argument has always confused me.

It's circular logic isn't it?

Would it not also be an infinitely complex explanation for finite complexity?

Agreed. I've always had something of a modern take on the Greek notion of Chaos myself (Chaos in this instance being whatever state reality was in before time, matter etc assuming such a state existed).

Anyway, for a more serious answer to the OP, I would suggest that different people see the divine in different things and through different perspectives. One person might find it in their heartbeat, another might find it in the awe they feel when looking at the stars. We all experience "God" daily in our own way and we apply different names and concepts to the sensation.