• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shouldn't the second coming of christ be upon us by now

ProfLogic

sojourner said:
Again, a theological argument. How can one save what has already been saved?

Why no Jesus Christ? did he not promise his disciples that he would be with us until the end of the age? Is not the Church the Body of Christ on earth? Jesus is with us.

Religious people might argue that evil sprouted again since in the story of noah evil was dessimated by killing everyone except for Noah's family. Then evil sprouted again so it sent its son jesus.. then evil is rampant again so it is needs to send something again. The church, well maybe that is the original plan but hmmmm missionaries were sent to so-called savage lands to convert them to steal their treasures (Spanish explorations). Its well documented and the evidence of the wealthyness of churches specifically Rome, vatican. Now if they represent jc then he is a businessman. Jesus is not with me cause he is but a slave of it not a god. If you let it in you, and do what is wants you might become a slave of it.

ProfLogic

Matt88 said:
And i heard, as it were, the noise of thunder. And one of the four beasts saying "come and see," and i saw, and behold, a white horse.

Do you believe that with todays modern technology that it will send a horse?

robtex

Veteran Member
IN regards to the OP, If I am understanding many of the Christian's position on this, and I think that I do, many feel Christ has already returned in the spirt and is amoung the people but in spirt. In their heart to use their terminology. One post-modern Christian theory as I have seen it presented is such that Jesus was cruxified ascended to Heaven and returned in the spirt to be amoung the people. Belief is the only way to feel his presence making the need for a physical manifestion unnecssary.

Jesus, as proposed by Christians of this era, is a go-to fella for humainty's problems but an inspiration to promote the morality as precieved by the Christians who practice it. "God helps those who help themselves" is the common phrase to articulate that theory.

In my understanding of this, by man attempting to make the world in which he/she lives more pure he/she is in fact moving in a direction that is "Christ-like" thus metaphyscially speaking "becomeing closer to God."

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
ProfLogic said:

00_ford_mustang_white.jpg

Hé, it's a sort horse..
:rolleyes:

Matt88

ProfLogic said:

Who knows? at the End of Days, Jesus supposedly will come on a white horse, or perhaps as others have said, a white Ford Mustang.

This is from a Johnny Cash song by the way, The Man Comes Around. It's an interesting song.

may

Jesus will never come in the flesh to the earth, he was made king of Gods heavenly kingdom goverment in 1914, his presence in kingly power has been with us since then , its all happening right now, the signs are all happening , but the question is, do we recognize Jesus as king of the heavenly goverment? or is it not the way we think it should be . seeing with the eye of understanding is what it is all about. i am waving my symbolic palm branch to welcome Jesus as the king of Gods kingdom it is the only way to salvation.After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: "Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb. revelation 7;9-10
And in the days of those kings (human rulership)the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms,(manmade goverments) and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Daniel 2;44 yes its all happening in this time of the end. the end of manmade rulerships gets closer and closer , are we putting ourselves on the side of the right goverment , or are we refusing to recognize Jesus kingship

Simon Gnosis

Always waiting for someone else to set them free?

The time is now.

Second coming......

Yeah anytime now...not long now....probably next week.....Jesus sounds like a plumber.:rolleyes:

BruceDLimber

Hi again!

Bruce said:
In fact, in the Baha'i view, the Second Coming already happened about a century and a half ago!

ProfLogic said:
What was his mission in the second coming? What does it say the next thing is for humanity. It there was already a second coming would he just keep returning and for what purpose?

In the Baha'i view, God sends a Divine Messenger typically every 500-1,000 years, both to renew religion (humanity is notorious for altering and corrupting religion) and to provide us the new social teachings we need for the current Age and situation.

While there are many Baha'i teachings (and fullyl 200 volumes of Baha'i scripture!), the most central teachings revolve around unity and are what we Baha'is call the "Three Onenesses." These are:
  • The Oneness of God, Who is known by many names in the various languages and cultures,
  • The oneness of humanity, who are all a single family, and
  • The common foundation of all the great religions, which are all legitimate, God-sent stages in a single evolving faith, the Faith of God.
Oh--and it's worth noting that the Return was with a new name, as both the Jewish scriptures and the New Testament prophesied! . . .

There have been a number of Messengers over the millenia, and this process will continue forever into the future, as Divine Guidance never ends!

(You can find out more, if you like, at www.bahai.org and www.bahai.us )

Best, :)

Bruce

egroen

Paul, being a bit of a megalomaniac, predicted Jesus would return during his time (1 Th. 4), but Jesus repeatedly said his return would be a suprise.

-Erin

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Yeah, lots of good points. Jesus followers beleived that He would come back within their lifetime. Many many many predictions on when He was coming back, and to date, of course, all of them, make that ALL OF THEM have failed to come to fruition. If there was a Jesus, and IF he had the divinity that Christians tend to ascribe to him, then don't we suppose His followers at the time of His death would be the best source for information on him?

Well, they got it wrong, and everyone else since then have got it wrong too, including the writer of the best selling book of the 1970's "The Late Great Planet Earth" which predicted the Earth would end. . . at a date which passed my Freshman year of high school.

IF there was any truth to the Jesus myth, then there is every reason to beleive that Jesus would have come back long ago, in my not so humble opinion.

B.

Bishka

Veteran Member
egroen said:
Paul, being a bit of a megalomaniac, predicted Jesus was return during his time (1 Th. 4), but Jesus repeatedly said his return would be a suprise.

-Erin

And I highly believe it will be. I believe the Bible states that Jesus will return like a 'theif in the night', although, knowing my faulty brain, that could also be in the Book of Mormon.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
beckysoup61 said:
And I highly believe it will be. I believe the Bible states that Jesus will return like a 'theif in the night', although, knowing my faulty brain, that could also be in the Book of Mormon.

It's definitely in the Bible (not that that means it couldn't also be in the BoM, of course).

James

Bishka

Veteran Member
JamesThePersian said:
It's definitely in the Bible (not that that means it couldn't also be in the BoM, of course).

James

Good thing...I'm horrible with remembering where verses are...:yes:

ProfLogic said:
Did he actually do anything?

In terms of miracles and things like that?? Not really. At least nothing that I could conclusively say happened.

How about: the only world leader to speak to both the League of Nations and the United Nations, He prophesized the failure of the League, he was an original draftee of the United nations, He founded the Organization of African Unity.

He spoke widely and campaigned for the unity of Christianity, He has the titles of the Returned Messiah, He has the Ark of the Covenant.

He is not gonna come up, whack you on the head and say "I am Jesus!"

Bless
Ras Markos Binyam
SoulJAH

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
beckysoup61 said:
I was just about to make the "Theif" comment. :149: