• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should white people pay an equality tax?

Bird123

It’s Time for White People to Pay for Privilege: The Equality Tax

Should white folks pay extra taxes for redistribution amongst minorities? Some leftists believe that they should and even propose that white LGBT members are not exempt from paying the extra tax.

Would you agree with such a policy if it happened?

Hmmmm??? What would you do with the minorities who make more money than white people? Why do you assume all minorities are not capable to accomplish great things on their own? Adversity and challenges breed invention.

Freedom and diversity bring greater economics for everyone. Businesses who embrace diversity understand that the greater view creates more opportunities to make more. On the other hand, corporate greed will in time have a greater price than those who practice it realize. When it all returns, I understand that it is easier to do the fair thing in the first place. Some do choose hard lessons for themselves.

My vote is for freedom instead of trying to micromanage and control others.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Or, we could consider putting minorities in charge, then they would get all the blame for everything, and we could sit back and ask for reparations for all the white soldiers who were killed freeing the slaves.
We tried letting them be in charge in Detroit.
That didn't work out well.
So we must remain top dog, & just pay extra in taxes.

Except for white dwarves....they're exempt.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Odd (not really) that some would claim this a "Leftist" thing, yet the idea has pretty much been universally denounced and condemned by the Left membership here.
I have, however, heard similar things for my entire adult life. Less satirically written, but seriously proposed. It's called "reparations" and it is a thing. All from people I would vaguely describe as leftist.
Tom

dust1n

Zindīq
I have, however, heard similar things for my entire adult life. Less satirically written, but seriously proposed. It's called "reparations" and it is a thing. All from people I would vaguely describe as leftist.
Tom

Conflating reparations with a gradient tax system to tax white people more (and women less, but still more), just seems a little sad to me. Also, reparations have actually been paid for all sorts of things...

"The United Nations Basic Principles and Guidelines on the Rights to a Remedy and Reparation for Gross Violations of International Human Rights Law and Serious Violations of International Humanitarian Law describes five formal categories of reparations: restitution, compensation, rehabilitation, satisfaction, and guarantees of non-repetition.

1. Restitution – measures which serve to “restore the victim to the original situation before the gross violations occurred.” This can include: restoration of liberty, enjoyment of human rights, identity, family life and citizenship, return of one’s place of residence, restoration of employment, and return of property.

2. Damages Compensation – the provision of compensation “for any economically assessable damage, as appropriate and proportional to the gravity of the violation and the circumstances of each case.” Such damage includes: physical or mental harm, lost opportunities, material damages and loss of earnings, moral damage, cost of legal, medical, psychological, and social services.

3. Rehabilitation – medical, psychological, social services, and legal assistance

4. Satisfaction – various measures which include the cessation of human rights violations and abuses, truth-seeking, searches for the disappeared, recovery and reburial of remains, judicial and administrative sanctions, public apologies, commemoration, and memorialization.

5. Guarantees of non-repetition – reforms ensuring the prevention of future abuses, including: civilian control of the military and security forces, strengthening an independent judiciary, protection of civil service and human rights workers, the overall promotion of human rights standards, and the establishment of mechanisms to prevent and monitor social conflict and conflict resolution.[5]"

Reparations (transitional justice) - Wikipedia

Don't see an ethnic or gender tax in there anywhere...

Mindmaster

Premium Member
It’s Time for White People to Pay for Privilege: The Equality Tax

Should white folks pay extra taxes for redistribution amongst minorities? Some leftists believe that they should and even propose that white LGBT members are not exempt from paying the extra tax.

Would you agree with such a policy if it happened?

Dude, when it comes to taxes I'm not white. I mean, like, I probably have some black ancestry like 1000+ years ago... So, I'm "black"...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Conflating reparations with a gradient tax system to tax white people more (and women less, but still more), just seems a little sad to me. Also, reparations have actually been paid for all sorts of things...

"The United Nations Basic Principles and Guidelines on the Rights to a Remedy and Reparation for Gross Violations of International Human Rights Law and Serious Violations of International Humanitarian Law describes five formal categories of reparations: restitution, compensation, rehabilitation, satisfaction, and guarantees of non-repetition.

1. Restitution – measures which serve to “restore the victim to the original situation before the gross violations occurred.” This can include: restoration of liberty, enjoyment of human rights, identity, family life and citizenship, return of one’s place of residence, restoration of employment, and return of property.

2. Damages Compensation – the provision of compensation “for any economically assessable damage, as appropriate and proportional to the gravity of the violation and the circumstances of each case.” Such damage includes: physical or mental harm, lost opportunities, material damages and loss of earnings, moral damage, cost of legal, medical, psychological, and social services.

3. Rehabilitation – medical, psychological, social services, and legal assistance

4. Satisfaction – various measures which include the cessation of human rights violations and abuses, truth-seeking, searches for the disappeared, recovery and reburial of remains, judicial and administrative sanctions, public apologies, commemoration, and memorialization.

5. Guarantees of non-repetition – reforms ensuring the prevention of future abuses, including: civilian control of the military and security forces, strengthening an independent judiciary, protection of civil service and human rights workers, the overall promotion of human rights standards, and the establishment of mechanisms to prevent and monitor social conflict and conflict resolution.[5]"

Reparations (transitional justice) - Wikipedia

Don't see an ethnic or gender tax in there anywhere...
All the people actually entitled to reparations are all now long dead.
Those claiming them now might actually be in the country's debt.
Why, you ask?
They enjoy the benefits of living on a better continent without having to endure
the 'immigration process'. So they should being paying taxes like the rest of us.

dust1n

Zindīq
All the people actually entitled to reparations are all now long dead.

I agree. America successfully ignored the idea of repaying the people who worked for free against their will until they all died of old age... though some of their children are still alive.

There hasn't been a serious push for reparations in a long time. But it's just my hunch that I think black people who are descendants of slaves would be happy to be treated equally in society.

Those claiming them now might actually be in the country's debt.
Why, you ask?
They enjoy the benefits of living on a better continent without having to endure
the 'immigration process'. So they should being paying taxes like the rest of us.

Well, they certainly aren't under the nation's debt. But no one should be exempt from paying taxes because of their ethnicity. Then again, I'm pretty sure no one outside this obviously fake website has ever called for such a thing.

Last edited:

JustWondering2

Just the facts Ma'am
I am a white, 60+ retired man. I consider my self privileged in that I was born when I was born and that I am still alive today and living in the best country in the world until Mr. Dump took over as God almighty. I consider my self to be privileged in that I was born to two agnostic parents that allowed me to make up my own mind about religion and that there was no religion force feed to me by them. I consider my self to be privileged in that I was NOT born in a backward or fundamentalist religious country that still living in the 7th century and that I can make decisions for myself, without being told what to believe. Yes I was privileged, but no more so than most of the folks I grew up with. I grew up with folks of a lot of different races, went to school side by side with them, if you failed to learn what was clearly presented to you, the blame is on you! Same opportunities, different outcomes, get it? It matters less about what your skin color is and more about a yearning to learn and an acceptance of responsibility for your own life and stop blaming others for your short coming.

But what do I know,
JustWondering

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree. America successfully ignored the idea of repaying the people who worked for free against their will until they all died of old age... though some of their children are still alive.

There hasn't been a serious push for reparations in a long time. But it's just my hunch that I think black people who are descendants of slaves would be happy to be treated equally in society.

Well, they certainly aren't under the nation's debt. But no one should be exempt from paying taxes because of their ethnicity. Then again, I'm pretty sure no one outside this obviously fake website has ever called for such a thing.
There are some people falling for related scams though...
'Black Tax' Credit