• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Twitter reveal old Twitter's role in spreading disinformation about the Hunter Biden laptop?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If they violate constitutional freedoms, we don't honor them
I doubt it's as black and white as you think, as such it is utterly impossible to run a society without the real and inevitable situation that someone's rights conflicting with the rights of another.
And you seem to not want to accept that freedom of speech does not mean free from the consequences. This is why Alex Jones was penalized because his lies did lead to others being harmed.
In the case of Roseanne, she exercised her right to speech and the network exercised its right to association.

wellwisher

The thing that bothers me about the Hunter Biden Laptop story is the large number of people, in positions of power and responsibility, at Twitter and in Government, that displayed no common sense, and showed a pattern for getting things wrong. How did they get these high level jobs and yet be so clueless?

Even members of the FBI, which you expect to be top notch law enforcement officials, acted like the bottom of their class, in terms of inference skills, yet they still have high level Federal jobs.

Representative Adam Schiff is currently the Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. He ran around for two plus years saying it had smoking gun evidence of Trump Russian Collision. Talk about a conspiracy nut case, yet he was appointed to a permanent select committee for intelligence? Why does the Left promote and then sugar coat, their stupid? Does the Left have an affirmation action policy for stupid?

Twitter has cleaned house and does not appear to honor the Left wing affirmation action approach to stupid. Maybe Twitter will have a base of smarter people for the future who can get things right, more often.

We can look at the Hunter Biden and Twitter debacle as two teams of clever people fighting each other with propaganda and disinformation, with both sides shady. Or we can see this as the battle of dumb people with too much power. Neither way is useful in a Democracy.

wellwisher

If anyone has been keeping up on the Twitter files; able to get past the information blackout on left wing news; suppression of information, it turns out a top level Twitter lawyer was fired. He previously worked at the FBI as General Counsel; Jim Baker. Baker worked with the Mueller Team; get Trump 1. The Russian disinformation theme at Twitter now makes perfect sense; he was hired for Trump part two My guess is Baker was planted at Twitter as a double agent; legally separated from Big Brother, so he could do damage control protected as a "private citizen".

Beyond that someone in an article I read made a comment about Wikipedia being biased. I like Wikipedia due to its community contribution nature. I use it often for reference. I did not believe the accusation.

However, yesterday I went to Wikipedia and searched for the Twitter files, to see if there was anything yet on the matter. The entry was small and geared to denial and black out mode. It appears like it was written weeks before the file dump to head off a problem. It was not kept up to date. It did not mention anything that came from the file dump. It sounded like the same script everyone on the Left now recites; marching orders.

That was very disappointing. I expected or rather hoped for something more balanced. I would prefer both sides get to speak and not just one side toeing the line. We live in strange times run by dishonest people. See for yourself. I did not try to update it, since I am not an activist but a seeker of truth.

The wagons appear to be circling because the blame appear to run very far and so many are in denial and black out mode. This was all supposed to remain buried. It is still hard to tell who are the loyalist and who were forced into a corner by extortionists; threatened with regulation or worse if they do not play ball.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
So, so far, these "Twitter files" have uncovered... The Biden campaign pre-presidency drawing Twitter's moderator's attention to Twitter users posting nudes of Hunter Biden - which is against Twitter's terms of service and actively against the law in many places - and a small number of right-wing Twitter accounts being "shadow banned"...

Wow. What stunning revelations.

Meanwhile, actual studies have shown that Twitter's algorithm actually results in a right-wing bias, and does not boost left-wing views.

SOURCE: https://cdn.cms-twdigitalassets.com...hmic-Amplification-of-Politics-on-Twitter.pdf

From the abstract (emphasis mine):

"Content on Twitter’s home timeline is selected and ordered by personalization algorithms. By consistently ranking certain content higher, these algorithms may amplify some messages while reducing the visibility of others. There’s been intense public and scholarly debate about the possibility that some political groups benefit more from algorithmic amplification than others. We provide quantitative evidence from a long-running, massive-scale randomized experiment on the Twitter platform that committed a randomized control group including nearly 2M daily active accounts to a reverse chronological content feed free of algorithmic personalization. We present two sets of findings. First, we studied Tweets by elected legislators from major political parties in 7 countries. Our results reveal a remarkably consistent trend: In 6 out of 7 countries studied, the mainstream political right enjoys higher algorithmic amplification than the mainstream political left. Consistent with this overall trend, our second set of findings studying the U.S. media landscape revealed that algorithmic amplification favours right-leaning news sources. We further looked at whether algorithms amplify far left and far-right political groups more than moderate ones: contrary to prevailing public belief, we did not find evidence to support this hypothesis. We hope our findings will contribute to an evidence-based debate on the role personalization algorithms play in shaping political content consumption."

This current push by Elon to try and make Twitter look like it was a left-wing cabal is nothing but a propaganda campaign. The fact that people are buying it despite the complete lack of any actual substantive evidence is hilarious to me.

From what I can tell, all the right seems to really be upset about is the fact that they really, REALLY wanted to see Hunter Biden's nudes.