• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Trump Allow the Release of Classified Documents on JFK Assassination?

Should Trump Allow the Release of Classified Documents on JFK Assassination?

• Yes

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Nous

Premium Member
The October 26 release of such documents was mandated by Congress unless the President blocks it.

Trump Tweeted 6 hours ago:

Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.​

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) | Twitter

This seems to leave open the possibility that he might not allow the, or some of, files to be released. We can only hope that he will not withhold the documents that show the involvement of Ted Cruz's father.

So, in addition to the survey question, I also ask: Do you think that his allowing these documents to be released will raise his approval ratings (at least temporarily)?

Nous

Premium Member
It's about time that the facts started coming out.
I think the country would have been much better off if all the known facts had been released to the public from the get-go. (Of course, a lot of information was not immediately known, wasn't known for a decade or two or three.)

Nous

Premium Member
What would you expect to see in them?
I have no idea, refuse to speculate. But one would hope that there would be something juicy in documents that have been classified for 50 years.

Laika

Premium Member
So, in addition to the survey question, I also ask: Do you think that his allowing these documents to be released will raise his approval ratings (at least temporarily)?

Voted No. I don't think releasing any more evidence will actually change the views of conspiracy theorists because when it comes down to it, most of them want to believe there is a conspiracy. Even if they released everything, they will not be satisfied. I'm not expecting anything to come out that will be that shocking anyway even if I can understand the curiosity.

However, this is pretty masterful in terms of giving his base a reason to keep supporting him as a gesture which appears to undermine the establishment (without probably doing much damage). It probably will raise his approval rating in the short-run, and its yet another deployment of his skills as a reality TV host. He's subverting the norms of behaviour to keep people watching.

"Stay Tuned, Do not impeach and watch the next episode of The Trump Administration!"

Nous

Premium Member
Voted No. I don't think releasing any more evidence will actually change the views of conspiracy theorists because when it comes down to it, most of them want to believe there is a conspiracy.
How did you deduce that?

Wirey

Fartist
I have no idea, refuse to speculate. But one would hope that there would be something juicy in documents that have been classified for 50 years.

American governments couldn't hide Bill getting a BJ, Dubya lying about weapons of mass destruction, or even Hoover being a transvestite for 10 years, but you think something about Kennedy might have made it 50? Good luck. Those things will turn out to be as irrelevant as everything before them, and the conspiracy twits will twist whatever they say into "It was the one-armed man!" or whatever nutty idea they have echoing around their head is this week.

I voted yes. Rip off the Band-Aid and get it over with. But I doubt it will affect his approval rating. The type of people who will care about this would lie to a surveyor in case it was the government trying to steal their thoughts.

Last edited:

Nous

Premium Member
American governments couldn't hide Bill getting a BJ, Dubya lying about weapons of mass destruction, or even Hoover being a transvestite for 10 years, but you think something about Kennedy might have made it 50?
I don't have a clue as to what any of that is supposed to mean. Why don't you respond to something I've actually said? I pretty sure I can defend what I've said.

Jumi

I think so, depending on what's in them. It will be interesting to see them for ourselves, that required 25 additional years...

Wirey

Fartist
I don't have a clue as to what any of that is supposed to mean. Why don't you respond to something I've actually said? I pretty sure I can defend what I've said.

I wasn't attacking anything you said. I just said release or not, there will probably be no new information and the tinfoil hat crowd will still see it as new. There's no explaining reality to the Crazy Clan.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Probably.
Since it will give people something to focus on besides Trump's incompetence.
Tom

Wirey

Fartist
Probably.
Tom

What if the files say Trump could have stopped the assassination if people weren't kneeling at NFL games? In shiny new blue pen?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think the only ones who care are the ones who have made it their lives to study and investigate his assassination, and also those who throw in their own crazy aliens, or Jewish banks, or the Cigarette Smoking Man ideas into it.

Jumi

Well nows a good chance for astrologers and the like to predict what's in those documents before they're released. Anyone want to earn some quick fame? Nows the time. :D

Nous

Premium Member
Probably.
I feel sure Trump will continue to have a steady supply of incompetence, lies, stupidity, bluster, etc. I asked that question because it might be one of the few (if not unique) instances of Trump doing something that a lot of people agree is a good thing.

Nous

Premium Member
I think the only ones who care are the ones who have made it their lives to study and investigate his assassination, and also those who throw in their own crazy aliens, or Jewish banks, or the Cigarette Smoking Man ideas into it.
Congress cared enough to legislate the release.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Congress cared enough to legislate the release.
Wouldn't hurt most of congress to have something for the media to talk about besides Trump either.

I honestly think it's a classic nothingburger. I am pretty much with @Wirey. If there were anything important in there it would've been leaked many years ago.
Tom