• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should The State Recognise Gender

Reggie Miller

There are two genders. You are either a man or a woman. Just because someone feels like they are a different gender or no gender, doesn't make that feeling justified. You can get a penis or chop it off, but biologically, you are the gender you were born in.

There are people who are both, they physically have both sex organs, they are called transgenders.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
So you're against equal rights movements?
No, no I'm an egalitarian. Third wave feminism and whatever the SJWs are up to now has nothing to do with equal rights. Most of it nowadays is just people with victim complexes who want to be special getting all fussy because everyone else won't bow to their whims. No you do not have the gender of a cloud, no a compliment is not harassment. All of that bull**** on top of the classic wage gap nonsense and whatever other "disadvantages" they think they still have just make for a really bad "movement." I'm absolutely for equal rights, but I'm not for extra rights. Yes there are some places where racism is abundant, LGBT rights are still fighting for true recognition, immigrants are faced with inequality at times too, men have less freedom when it comes to sexual and family rights, our prison system is a mess and non-violent criminals are facing harder sentences than violent ones, and that's just in this country! These are the things we need to fix. There is plenty of injustice going around that we don't need to create more because of the victim complex. Let's try to solve the real problems that are already in front of us and give equality and justice to those who really are getting the short end of the stick before we go inventing new ones.

Kirran

Premium Member
SJW means Social Justice Warrior. So by the literal meaning of the term it seems like a pretty positive thing to me.

Also, I don't think that's an accurate characterisation of third wave feminism in its totality, although victim culture may be taken too far in some areas of it. But it's a very broad church.

I don't know a single feminist who has ever actually asked for equal rights. I have always found that much of the criticism of feminism is based in a lack of understanding of the degree to which misogyny and patriarchy are internalised.

There are lots of issues we need to fix. We need to be intersectional in any civil rights movement. But that doesn't we throw out any actual problems.