• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should political leaders shake hands and hug?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Should political leaders shake hands and hug?
(And more important, what does it mean if they violate the C-19 rules?)

I believe esp. political leader should set the right example
IF they don't take their own advice serious, how could I take them serious
(At least they should have photoshopped the handshake/hug out of the broadcast)

Note: These 5 seconds prove something very important, but most will fail to recognize it I think

I checked: Russia is not in control of it yet having 531 New Deaths yesterday with +22934 New Cases

Putin messes up setting the right example
(Click here to directly see the double handshake+Hug at 00:00:12)

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
In the UK one is supposed to exercise "locally."

Setting a good example, not being a hypocrite, do as I say - not as I do...

PM Boris Johnson cycling 7 miles from home...
And it is wondered by people break lockdown rules...

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson criticised over bike ride seven miles from home

...and for comparison:

"Derbyshire Police recently fined two women £200 each for driving five miles to meet for a walk, saying driving for exercise was "not in the spirit" of lockdown. They were told the hot drinks they had brought along were not allowed, either, as they were "classed as a picnic".

The penalties have now been withdrawn."

- Covid rules: What could be done to tighten lockdown in England?

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
In the UK one is supposed to exercise "locally."

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson criticised over bike ride seven miles from home

...and for comparison:

"Derbyshire Police recently fined two women £200 each for driving five miles to meet for a walk, saying driving for exercise was "not in the spirit" of lockdown. They were told the hot drinks they had brought along were not allowed, either, as they were "classed as a picnic".

The penalties have now been withdrawn."

- Covid rules: What could be done to tighten lockdown in England?
To be fair, it doesn't take very long to end up 7 miles from home on a bike, if that is how you want to take your - perfectly legal - daily exercise. I've just cycled from Clapham Common to Wimbledon village and back to buy bread, 30 mins each way and a round trip of about 7 miles.

I'm not sure Bozo is breaking any rules. And, face it, the fat git does need to lose some kilos. :D

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
To be fair, it doesn't take very long to end up 7 miles from home on a bike, if that is how you want to take your - perfectly legal - daily exercise. I've just cycled from Clapham Common to Wimbledon village and back to buy bread, 30 mins each way and a round trip of about 7 miles.

I'm not sure Bozo is breaking any rules. And, face it, the fat git does need to lose some kilos. :D
I agree, but what effect does this have on public perception - following rules, trustworthiness of the government...? If the Derbyshire women had cycled the 5 miles would that have avoided police involvement?

stvdv

Exactly ... "do as I say" ... "do not do as I do", that sums it up well

They discriminate (the rules don't apply to us).
But maybe this is a special virus, that also discriminates whom to infect .. all except presidents, prime ministers and politicians. This could be of course

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Exactly ... "do as I say" ... "do not do as I do", that sums it up well

They discriminate. But maybe this is a special virus, that infects everyone except presidents, prime ministers and politicians. This could be of course
You are right.

And senior advisers can drive the length of the country for non-essential reasons. All perfectly reasonable. This act of contempt and hypocrisy pulled the rug from under the public's attitude to lockdown rules:

- Dominic Cummings' Durham trip: Timeline of events as minister resigns | ITV News

exchemist

Veteran Member
I agree, but what effect does this have on public perception - following rules, trustworthiness of the government...? If the Derbyshire women had cycled the 5 miles would that have avoided police involvement?
I would hope so. It seems to me that unless a hard rule is made that everyone has to stay within 2 miles of their house or something, it has to be assumed that one can take exercise by reasonable means, so long as it does not bring one into contact with others.

stvdv

You are right. And senior advisers can drive the length of the country for non-essential reasons. All perfectly reasonable. This act of contempt and hypocrisy pulled the rug from under the public's attitude to lockdown rules.

Dominic Cummings' Durham trip: Timeline of events as minister resigns | ITV News
At least our king has apologized a few times in public for violating the rules in public (flying to Greece during lockdown where all others in Holland were not allowed to go out). Someone with IQ=25 could make such a mistake to think that flying in a private airplane does not count as travelling, but not a King+Queen+kids

These high up in the hierarchy don't take the rules imposed on us serious themselves. Hypocritically is bad, but the real reason is worse

I can only conclude the following:

1) For sure the thread is not deadly when you are a king, president, politician OR death can be avoided by medicine or ...
2) So, they must have a medicine readily available just in case OR coincidentally they are fearless AND don't care to die
3) I can fill in more, but I think my point should be clear now

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Well I'm going for a 5 mile run this afternoon and will be out of the house 40-50 minutes. Anyone be a character witness?

stvdv

Well I'm going for a 5 mile run this afternoon and will be out of the house 40-50 minutes. Anyone be a character witness?
I think Big Ben is not watching RF thread yet, and it takes a while before our RF threads are visible in Google, so you are safe for NOW ... but better run fast:D