• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should political ideology be demonstrated by Church authority? - Obama supporter refused communion

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
*sigh* I was forced to exert myself to try to parse Kathryn's position from another, thirty-page thread. Here's what I'm getting:

I believe that artificial contraception has done more harm than good to our society...I do believe that natural contraceptive measures are fine, and I also believe that if conceiving a child would seriously endanger the life of the mother, contraception is also fine.

So stopping for the time being on page 5, I gather, from these posts, Kathryn, that just as I thought I remembered, you are opposed to birth control. Which, as I say, is a very odd position for someone who claims to oppose abortion, as obviously birth control is the single best way to prevent actual (what you consider to be) babies to be actually (what you consider to be) killed.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
*sigh* I was forced to exert myself to try to parse Kathryn's position from another, thirty-page thread. Here's what I'm getting:

I believe that artificial contraception has done more harm than good to our society...I do believe that natural contraceptive measures are fine, and I also believe that if conceiving a child would seriously endanger the life of the mother, contraception is also fine.

So stopping for the time being on page 5, I gather, from these posts, Kathryn, that just as I thought I remembered, you are opposed to birth control. Which, as I say, is a very odd position for someone who claims to oppose abortion, as obviously birth control is the single best way to prevent actual (what you consider to be) babies to be actually (what you consider to be) killed.

LOL, are you a stalker? When I told you clearly in the other thread, after honestly answering (politely) every sincere question anyone asked, as well as a slew of angry accusations and rhetoric, I finally said, "Enough of this - I'm done with this topic but please feel free to continue on without me." I mean, for pete's sake, I think I responded well over 100 times in that thread. After awhile, I get bored with a topic.

In that thread, I finally quit responding to your posts because of your rude and inflammatory manner. I guess that didn't sit well with you - you followed me in here to continue the same arguments, apparently.

This current thread is not about birth control, it's about abortion and the position of some members of the Roman Catholic Church. I didn't start this thread and I have been trying not to veer off topic. As you get to know me better, you will see that I do try to stay on the original topic of a thread, out of respect for the person who posted it.

I intend to continue that respectful approach. If you can get others to join you, that's fine, but I've already answered you and others in great detail about my beliefs on the topic of birth control, so I'm done discussing it with you, and I don't plan on discussing it further on this thread.

Over 100 posts on the topic should be enough to satisfy anyone's curiosity.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
birth control is the single best way to prevent actual (what you consider to be) babies to be actually (what you consider to be) killed.

The single best way to prevent abortions is to take personal responsibility for your actions beforehand. This may sound crazy, but many people remain celibate before marriage and then carry their children to term and heaven forbid, actually raise them properly.

Too many teens are not supervised properly.

Too many people live permiscuous lifestyles.

Too many low life men just want gratification and do not want to accept responsibility for raising children.

Too many women settle for mister right now instead of Mr. Right.

:run:

Kathryn

The single best way to prevent abortions is to take personal responsibility for your actions beforehand. This may sound crazy, but many people remain celibate before marriage and then carry their children to term and heaven forbid, actually raise them properly.

Too many low life men just want gratification and do not want to accept responsibility for raising children.

You rock.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
LOL, are you a stalker? When I told you clearly in the other thread, after honestly answering (politely) every sincere question anyone asked, as well as a slew of angry accusations and rhetoric, I finally said, "Enough of this - I'm done with this topic but please feel free to continue on without me." I mean, for pete's sake, I think I responded well over 100 times in that thread. After awhile, I get bored with a topic.

In that thread, I finally quit responding to your posts because of your rude and inflammatory manner. I guess that didn't sit well with you - you followed me in here to continue the same arguments, apparently.

This current thread is not about birth control, it's about abortion and the position of some members of the Roman Catholic Church. I didn't start this thread and I have been trying not to veer off topic. As you get to know me better, you will see that I do try to stay on the original topic of a thread, out of respect for the person who posted it.

I intend to continue that respectful approach. If you can get others to join you, that's fine, but I've already answered you and others in great detail about my beliefs on the topic of birth control, so I'm done discussing it with you, and I don't plan on discussing it further on this thread.

Over 100 posts on the topic should be enough to satisfy anyone's curiosity.

Kathryn: News flash. This is a debate board. It's public. We all equally get to debate here. If you don't want to engage in a given subject, then don't. If you don't want to read some posts, use ignore. What makes you think I was curious? What I said was, I find it very odd to supposedly oppose abortion, while also opposing birth control. If you want to defend that position, you are free to do so. If not, then don't. And I wouldn't brag about my manners while avoiding perfectly reasonable questions in a debate forum, if I were you.

The impression one gets is of someone who wants to avoid a difficult subject, because her position is indefensible.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Well, as a practical matter, which do you expect to work better, persuading people to stop having sex, or persuading them to use birth control.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Analogy time!

As an engineer, say I were to design the load-bearing structure for a banquet hall; a sensible number of people in the hall would be 200 people, but I know full well that occasionally, groups will try to squeeze 300 or more people in.

Would the responsible thing for me to do be to design the structure for 200 people and just have them post "maximum capacity: 200 people" signs in the hall?

Here's a hint: would the responsible thing for me to do end up with me losing my licence at best and a prison sentence at worst?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Children are a gift from God. Another gift is salvation. If some of us take offense when these gifts are wasted, you will have to excuse us.

Too many folks worry about supporting children and look at them as a burden. The Lord never gives us more than we can handle.

The bottom line is, too many folks are selfish when it comes to children.

I cannot understand how some Liberals can be so compassionate in one breath and so callused in another.

Kathryn

Children are a gift from God. Another gift is salvation. If some of us take offense when these gifts are wasted, you will have to excuse us.

Too many folks worry about supporting children and look at them as a burden. The Lord never gives us more than we can handle.

The bottom line is, too many folks are selfish when it comes to children.

I cannot understand how some Liberals can be so compassionate in one breath and so callused in another.

Thank God for the occasional ray of intelligence coupled with kindness and morality - you're a rare commodity around here, Rev.

Kathryn

Kathryn: News flash. This is a debate board. It's public. We all equally get to debate here. If you don't want to engage in a given subject, then don't.

I am wondering what part of "I'm not going to debate this in this thread because I've already covered it so extensively in another recent thread" do you not understand? How many different ways does one have to phrase things to you? I've repeatedly told you that I am done with this topic but you're like a Boston Terrier with a tennis ball - continually running back to me with it.

What I said was, I find it very odd to supposedly oppose abortion, while also opposing birth control. If you want to defend that position, you are free to do so. If not, then don't.

(Sigh.) This is not an issue of avoidance - as you yourself said, my recent thread on this exact topic is about thirty pages long - half of which consists of my defense of my position on birth control. I'm tired of typing on the topic. I think that's abundantly clear.

In fact, NOW I am tired of typing about being tired of typing about the topic!

The impression one gets is of someone who wants to avoid a difficult subject, because her position is indefensible.

Anyone who types up 15+ pages on the topic in less than a week surely isn't avoiding the subject.

You know - I've tried to avoid making this a personal issue, but the truth of the matter is it IS personal - I don't care for your personality so therefore I don't enjoy interacting with you.

And, after all, I consider this forum to fall under the category of recreational time. I'd rather enjoy my time here.

So I think you're right - I should just ignore you from now on. Thanks for the pointer.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Well, as a practical matter, which do you expect to work better, persuading people to stop having sex, or persuading them to use birth control.

Neither. All I am saying is people need to be responsible for their actions and quit looking at abortion as a get out of jail free card.

In my opinion, abortion just gives women the freedom to be equal with low life men.

What a wonderful aspiration. :rolleyes:

blackout

Violet.

And there are MANY MANY other things that people are gifted with.
Talents abilities dreams....
that DON'T always go so well with the raising of children.

It's a shame when THOSE gifts are wasted on people
who have to give them all up
to be the parents they were never gifted or suited to be.

Perhaps more people SHOULD worry about supporting children,
and the "burden" that is incurred...
to see if it is actually a GOOD IDEA,
for them.... and any children they may bring into the world.

It IS a burden raising children.

Financially just to start.
I'm sure you Rick and Kathleen have the funds for ample space,
and basics, medical etc. for all of these children "the Lord will provide for"...
but MANY of us don't,
even extreemely devout christians
(one of which I used to be myself)
living in conditions that just become more overcrowded
and unsuitable ... and harder to afford... for EVERYONE...
with each new child.
And who does it benefit when you can no longer hold it all up?
YOu think groceries are cheap?

Or do you recommend welfare?

MOST of us are ALREADY working two jobs a piece...
what more do you want from us Rick?
(and no we don't have cell phones, and flat screen tv's,
and iPods,the latest video game units, or even cable or satelite.)

Oh ... and I have ABSOLUTELY seen "the Lord" give people more children than they could handle.
And I see what a burden it has been on the parents,
and how "stunting" it has been for the kids.

I am borderline one of those people.
Good thing I got out of that d*** church when I did.

I guarantee we would be on welfare right now,
or
I would be in the looney bin
and my kids would be god knows where.

(and of course you are thinking... with some nice christian family somewhere.)
after all... god watches over those people... right?
maybe my kids could be placed with some nice Roman Catholic family
who already has 6 kids living in the same room.

ahhhh.... foster care when mom finally loses her mind......

Last edited: