• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should i be worried....?

waitasec

Veteran Member
i don't know,
my son does everything i ask him to.

when i tell him to clean his room, he stops in his tracks and cleans his room without a peep.
when i ask him to do his homework, same thing...when i ask him to take an interest in playing the accordion, he's interested.
it feels as though my will became his.

you don't think my threat of throwing him in the fireplace for second guessing me has anything to do with it? :sarcastic

but i know there will be a down side to this...
right now he's little and easy to manipulate...but there will come a day when he won't be...

should i be worried?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
how old is he?
does he do and like things of his own accord?

waitasec

Veteran Member
how old is he?
does he do and like things of his own accord?

he's 7...

in all seriousness...
cleaning up his room has been a struggle
getting him to do his homework has been a challenge...and i have to use ultimatums to get him to sit and work...but recently it's getting easier.

the accordion part...no, i would never do that to him... that was something i went through when i was a kid...
;)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
sounds like he started forming good habits then

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
although it would be nice if he did obey me...
i just don't think it would be a healthy predisposition to be that way as a child.

Maybe he wants something. My kids get really helpful when they want something. ;) If you are worried, try talking to him. It may not work, but you can try. Maybe something is bothering him, too. Don't borrow trouble, though, he may just be in a helpful faze.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
i don't know,

when i tell him to clean his room, he stops in his tracks and cleans his room without a peep.
when i ask him to do his homework, same thing...when i ask him to take an interest in playing the accordion, he's interested.

you don't think my threat of throwing him in the fireplace for second guessing me has anything to do with it? :sarcastic

right now he's little and easy to manipulate...but there will come a day when he won't be...

should i be worried?

Don't worry. There will come a time when he questions your authority. It's part of the process of growing up and becoming independent. About 12 or 13 they'll go insane as their analytical abilities begin to develop. Until about 25 years the analytical part of the brain is still developing. So while they'll begin to question things like authority, their reasoning skills are a bit lacking.

Enlighten

i don't know,

should i be worried?

Yep you really really should be worried, if I have kids, I know where I am now sending them to be brought up ;) just hand them back when they have been trained :p

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Father heard his children scream
So he threw them in the stream
Saying as he drowned the third
"Children should be seen, not heard."

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry for being off-topic, but...

I've always found it incredibly cute when moms talked about their kids. I don't know why but there's a certain something in it that is so... "warm". :eek:

Trey of Diamonds

Some say the easier the childhood, the harder the teen years. At age 7 my daughter was fairly easy, at 9 things are a bit harder. So don't give up hope, it will get harder. :)

waitasec

Veteran Member
i think kids are the greatest invention.

they mirror everything...sometimes we don't like what we see and it's likely it's our own behavior that we object too.
it seems paradoxical, one grows up when they have children

i just want to make this clear....
my son is as stubborn as they come, i was just being sarcastic
in the OP.

but i thought if i had my way with him and he actually morphed his will around mine, i would be worried.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Some say the easier the childhood, the harder the teen years. At age 7 my daughter was fairly easy, at 9 things are a bit harder. So don't give up hope, it will get harder. :)

ha ha...

i just think how funny it was when the news first came to my friends who have older children....that i was about to join the parent club...they must have chuckled to themselves and thought, you'll see...you're in for the ride of your life...

Trey of Diamonds

ha ha...

i just think how funny it was when the news first came to my friends who have older children....that i was about to join the parent club...they must have chuckled to themselves and thought, you'll see...you're in for the ride of your life...

Ride of your life for sure, but unique to you. Every kid is different so there's no telling what will happen.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
i think kids are the greatest invention.

they mirror everything...sometimes we don't like what we see and it's likely it's our own behavior that we object too.
it seems paradoxical, one grows up when they have children

i just want to make this clear....
my son is as stubborn as they come, i was just being sarcastic
in the OP.

but i thought if i had my way with him and he actually morphed his will around mine, i would be worried.

If my kids were to suddenly do everything I ask them without question, I would fall on the floor. :biglaugh:

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
If you threatened to throw him in the fireplace, worry if he doesn't do what you say.