• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should ghosts have rights?

Should ghosts have rights?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should ghosts have rights? Your no logger living and walking on Earth other of body now. This is still your home even though you are no longer physical. Do you and other ghosts deserve rights?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Should ghosts have rights? Your no logger living and walking on Earth other of body now. This is still your home even though you are no longer physical. Do you and other ghosts deserve rights?

If, theoretically, ghosts can be proven to exist, then I can't see why they shouldn't have rights. In any case, I don't see how the government could take away those rights anyway. If a ghost can speak and wishes to exercise their right to speak, then how would the government stop them? They couldn't hold a ghost in prison, since they could just float through the walls. They couldn't illegally search a non-corporeal being.

The right to vote might be problematic, since they may not be considered U.S. citizens or "residents" in the legal sense. They'd have to produce some form of ID.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know how to answer a question like this. At first blush, my response is to see this humorously. But moving along, I think if they are citizen ghosts of the United States, they should have the same rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness that the undead do.

Should we control the immigration of ghosts into this country from foreign afterlives?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Are we talking ghosts or everyone dead, because the poll says everyone dead? That group is likely to be much larger than just ghosts and include dead that aren't in ghost form.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know how to answer a question like this. At first blush, my response is to see this humorously. But moving along, I think if they are citizen ghosts of the United States, they should have the same rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness that the undead do.

Should we control the immigration of ghosts into this country from foreign afterlives?

Well, that's an interesting question. Does a person stop being a citizen at death, or does citizenship continue after death? In my state, you have to show your birth certificate to get your ID, and you need a birth certificate to get a passport. I think a dead person might have to produce their death certificate to be able to get the necessary documentation. Otherwise, they might be considered undocumented immigrants, who would still be entitled to basic human rights, but not necessarily the right to vote or other privileges of citizenship and legal residency.

Are we talking ghosts or everyone dead, because the poll says everyone dead? That group is likely to be much larger than just ghosts and include dead that aren't in ghost form.

This is an interesting point. I didn't even think about this. But if it's some kind of zombie apocalypse, then they'd probably declare martial law - and nobody would have any rights. Unless there are peaceful zombies who can coexist among non-zombies and be law-abiding citizens; I guess that would be okay.

Gargovic Malkav

Ghosts are practically outlaws in human society.
So they have their own thing going on.

If one has a problem with them, who you gonna call?

Last edited:

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure but...

Those rights don't include:

- Walking up and down at night time.
- Jumpscaring me.
- Tapping and knocking on random **** when I'm trying to sleep.
- Changing the temperature.

Deal?