• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should a woman have to see a sonogram before receiving an abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
No they aren't "saved" until they are in a loving permanent home. Not a foster home.
We can sit here and figure out solutions to that. I've seen foster kids smile and have moments of love. Nevertheless the place for a child is in a loving home. But for reasons that I can't comprehend you think the solution would have been that they never been born.

Quiddity

Well congrats you have 3 kids and at least know some of it.

You still don't feel the same way women do.
Seriously, really should stop making this a man vs. women thing. There are plenty of women that go through EVERYTHING (and some even more) you have mentioned and did not decide to abort. Why is that?

athanasius

How many "great" people survived the foster care system?

Do you not see that that same human could be a mass murderer?

As for why murder a child?

first it's not murder.
second it isn't a child.

You don't know either.

Again you don't know for sure what they will be like. So why not play it safe? And yes it is murder and it is a child, a human life as many prolife doctors will tell you that. You may choose to ignore it and call it want you want to please your ears and actions but one day you will have to answer for killing the unborne, not to me but to someone much greater than I, Jesus!

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
We can sit here and figure out solutions to that. I've seen foster kids smile and have moments of love. Nevertheless the place for a child is in a loving home. But for reasons that I can't comprehend you think the solution would have been that they never been born.

What is worse to have never been born or to find your birth mother and find out that you were the product of a rape? That your father ravaged your mothers body and had no respect for her? Maybe she didn't have the ability to prevent the pregnancy because the pro-lifers wouldn't allow her to get EC? I don't think I would feel very good. Especially if you find out that you have brothers and sisters that she kept because they are her and her husbands. There are many reasons abortion happen.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
Again you don't know for sure what they will be like. So why not play it safe? And yes it is murder and it is a child, a human life as many prolife doctors will tell you that. You may choose to ignore it and call it want you want to please your ears and actions but one day you will have to answer for killing the unborne, not to me but to someone much greater than I, Jesus!

PRO-LIFE drs only care about the fetus. they have been known to let mothers die so that the fetus will live.

I will never answer to jesus. I'm not christian. I only have to answer to me. It is my choice. No one will save me. There is NO hell.

Quiddity

What is worse to have never been born or to find your birth mother and find out that you were the product of a rape? That your father ravaged your mothers body and had no respect for her? Maybe she didn't have the ability to prevent the pregnancy because the pro-lifers wouldn't allow her to get EC? I don't think I would feel very good. Especially if you find out that you have brothers and sisters that she kept because they are her and her husbands. There are many reasons abortion happen.
I wouldn't be too jazzed, who would? But it sure beats not being born.

In fact, my nephew Anthony (came about from a rape) helped my cousin deal with the rape. :)

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
Seriously, really should stop making this a man vs. women thing. There are plenty of women that go through EVERYTHING (and some even more) you have mentioned and did not decide to abort. Why is that?

Everyone is different. More of a reason for why there need to be choices and options so that each person can do what is right for them and not what is right for someone else. It's the same reason there is different fabic, clothes styles, medications, etc. Because no 2 people are exactly the same.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
I wouldn't be too jazzed, who would? But it sure beats not being born.

In fact, my nephew Anthony (came about from a rape) helped my cousin deal with the rape. :)

Well more power to her but if someone in my family was so against abortion I guess I'd personally find new family.

My father was an *** and never wanted anything to do with me. I know how that felt I can't imagine forcing a women on top of her already being raped to then not even have to option to end the pregnancy.

Quiddity

Everyone is different. More of a reason for why there need to be choices and options so that each person can do what is right for them and not what is right for someone else. It's the same reason there is different fabic, clothes styles, medications, etc. Because no 2 people are exactly the same.
I see...for a second there I thought all women were the same.

Quiddity

Well more power to her but if someone in my family was so against abortion I guess I'd personally find new family.
How sad.
My father was an *** and never wanted anything to do with me. I know how that felt I can't imagine forcing a women on top of her already being raped to then not even have to option to end the pregnancy.
What does your father have to do with your options now? :confused:

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
I see...for a second there I thought all women were the same.

They way everything is being discussed is that all women feel, think and act identical. That is stuff for that movie the stepford wives. Not all men are the same so you can not have one size fits all when it comes to abortion and such. If you do away with it the back ally drs will appear again. No they weren't real drs. Isn't it better to make is safer for the women and realize that the embryo is just that and not a baby yet?

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
How sad.

What does your father have to do with your options now? :confused:

He walked away and left my mom. My mom had an abortion long before me but it was too late when she found out I was on the way. She had been raped.

When men say that they want to force women to do this or that with their bodies I cringe. Men can walk away a woman can't. At least not as easily.

Quiddity

They way everything is being discussed is that all women feel, think and act identical. That is stuff for that movie the stepford wives. Not all men are the same so you can not have one size fits all when it comes to abortion and such. If you do away with it the back ally drs will appear again. No they weren't real drs. Isn't it better to make is safer for the women and realize that the embryo is just that and not a baby yet?
No, I don't. I'd prefer neither. We'll have to disagree. There isn't much that justifies the ending of an innocent life.

Quiddity

He walked away and left my mom. My mom had an abortion long before me but it was too late when she found out I was on the way. She had been raped.

When men say that they want to force women to do this or that with their bodies I cringe. Men can walk away a woman can't. At least not as easily.
What you aren't understanding that I have no desire to control your body or anybody else's. I do though care about saving innocent lives. Unfortunately the dilemma is that the babies do in fact go through the women's body. There lies the dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.