• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should a woman have to see a sonogram before receiving an abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
Then I'm guessing you are willing to incorporate into law that men just as much rights to the baby as women do? That is, if you want them to step up to the plate and be responsible.

Victor there is a big difference in stepping up to the plate and telling a women whose body, emotions and hormones are now going to go nuts that she is too stupid to make a decision.

If the man and woman aren't married and the guy decideds at 9 months to walk away the women is left alone. Granted she can't abort then and to do so that late isn't right. But if the man decides to do so he can make sure that he has NOTHING to do with that baby and just vanish. I mean that is wrong.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
I'm one of them that did indeed get saved. I very much doubt that if I was conscious enough to know any better I'd say "mom I understand, just end my life". I can't say I can completely feel what a women is going though (even though I've been there for more then one considering it) but nothing I've heard has ever justified the ending of an innocent life.

Again I'm glad you were saved but quite frankly it has nothing to do with if it works sometimes. DO you not see that the ones that are "saved" are the lucky ones and not the majority?

ladyhawke

Then I'm guessing you are willing to incorporate into law that men just as much rights to the baby as women do? That is, if you want them to step up to the plate and be responsible.

Why do they need the law to make them take responsibilty ?:shrug:

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Victor there is a big difference in stepping up to the plate and telling a women whose body, emotions and hormones are now going to go nuts that she is too stupid to make a decision.
Whoa! How in all of God's green earth did you come to this conclusion from what I said? :eek:
If the man and woman aren't married and the guy decideds at 9 months to walk away the women is left alone. Granted she can't abort then and to do so that late isn't right. But if the man decides to do so he can make sure that he has NOTHING to do with that baby and just vanish. I mean that is wrong.
No argument there. I think that is wrong as well.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
We men just can't understand. :rolleyes:

Do you know what it feels like to squeeze a watermelon through a hole the size of a lemon?

Do you know what it feels like to wake up sick for 9 months and then not sleep again for years?

Do you know what it feels like to be alone with a screaming 3 month old that can't tell you want's wrong?

Do you know what it's like to have your breasts swell and leak?

Do you know what it's like to have your vaginal area torn during the birth?

Do you know what it's like to have your insides kicked, from the inside?

Men do not know what women go through during and right after birth.

Quiddity

Why do they need the law to make them take responsibilty ?:shrug:
It wasn't just about responsibility (even though we use law currently to do just that - child support?), but about men's rights. If women are truly concerned about rights, then let them spread that equally to the man. But that get's into a whole other discussion.

athanasius

Again I'm glad you were saved but quite frankly it has nothing to do with if it works sometimes. DO you not see that the ones that are "saved" are the lucky ones and not the majority?

First of all how do you know who are going to be one of the "lucky ones"
and who are not? You have no way of knowing. So why would you murder your child when you don't know at all???? Thats not logical or even ethical. What if that Human being ends up becoming a doctor who finds the cure for cancer or aids. And you just may have eliminated them forever with the cure. All life is precious in the eyes of God. All life has potential for great things. You don't know!

Quiddity

Do you know what it feels like to squeeze a watermelon through a hole the size of a lemon?

Do you know what it feels like to wake up sick for 9 months and then not sleep again for years?

Do you know what it feels like to be alone with a screaming 3 month old that can't tell you want's wrong?

Do you know what it's like to have your breasts swell and leak?

Do you know what it's like to have your vaginal area torn during the birth?

Do you know what it's like to have your insides kicked, from the inside?

Men do not know what women go through during and right after birth.

As close as a man can get to that. YES!

I have 3 kids.

Quiddity

From the looks of my early childhood, some may have concluded that it would have been better if I was aborted. God forbid something actually happens in my life that I can turn things around. Not to mention the millions of variables that are in people's lives that change people all the time. I wouldn't change a thing!

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
Well said spirit...was thinking along the same lines myself.

I don't think men outside of the one directly connected to the abortion should have a say. When rape is involved the man that did the raping and caused the pregnancy should also be aborted but that is just me...

ladyhawke

and who are not? You have no way of knowing. So why would you murder your child when you don't know at all???? Thats not logical or even ethical. What if that Human being ends up becoming a doctor who finds the cure for cancer or aids. And you just may have eliminated them forever with the cure. All life is precious in the eyes of God. All life has potential for great things. You don't know!

What if that human being ends up being a mass murderer of little kids or a rapist...YOUR argument is illogical.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me

How many "great" people survived the foster care system?

Do you not see that that same human could be a mass murderer?

As for why murder a child?

first it's not murder.
second it isn't a child.

You don't know either.

Status
Not open for further replies.