• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shortlists of Requested Features and Technical Fixes

Do you agree with the priority order of the shortlists?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No, I have a suggested change to it (please clarify in the thread).

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi, all,

Based on the software feedback threads we have started so far, I have compiled a shortlist of requested features and another of technical issues or quirks that need to be fixed. Both are sorted by priority in descending order. I'm polling members on the priority order here before forwarding the lists to the owners in the admin forum.

Please note that these lists are not meant to be exhaustive; I'm putting them together only for the most pressing or requested features and fixes. They don't cover every single requested feature or fix.

Requested features:

1) The "New Threads" list.

2) Displaying the "religion" field next to members' usernames.

3) New themes/style options or modifications to enhance the visibility and usability of the current ones

4) More rating/reaction options and exploring whether old ratings and their counts can be retrieved (which is something the owners are already looking into, although there are no guarantees that such a retrieval will be possible).

5) A copy of the page navigation button at the top of the page rather than just at the bottom. Also an instant scroll-down button like there is for scrolling up.

Requested fixes for technical issues/quirks:

1) The email verification and alert system for registration, password resets, watched threads, and email changes.

2) Members' ability to view their own infraction/warning history on their profile.

3) Making the "Latest activity" tab on member profiles more reliable, since it sometimes doesn't show their very latest activity.

4) Exploring whether the search function can be made more accurate to the search keywords.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I appreciate your work on this, @Debater Slayer !

Out of the top 5, I agree with the new threads coming back as the most important. However, I'd put the rating/reactions as second; that one is driving me up a wall. I could make peace with losing my past ratings, if only we could get similar options to what we had before(I really don't like the faces).

The other three are important, as members have had trouble with them, but I haven't had any personal issues with them. (If I'm being honest, I think not being able to immediately view religious title makes it harder to 'box' people without talking to them, which is a positive to me).

I voted yes, though, because moving the forum along is of the most importance to me.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Out of the top 5, I agree with the new threads coming back as the most important. However, I'd put the rating/reactions as second; that one is driving me up a wall. I could make peace with losing my past ratings, if only we could get similar options to what we had before(I really don't like the faces).

The other three are important, as members have had trouble with them, but I haven't had any personal issues with them. (If I'm being honest, I think not being able to immediately view religious title makes it harder to 'box' people without talking to them, which is a positive to me).

I voted yes, though, because moving the forum along is of the most importance to me.

I would like more ratings too. The emojis are limited and a bit too corny, if you ask me.

We're just waiting to see whether an add-on could bring back the previous list of ratings before deciding which ones, if any, to add manually.

Heyo

Veteran Member

^^^ This, exactly.

And if, after the current work has been completed, there is no more time or motivation to retrieve the old ratings, I'm offering to have a look at the problem if allowed to.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

This.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I made this comment in post #227 in the Feedback thread, JustGeorge commented positively on it:

"What would be the chances of my second point? If for some reason, 'new threads' were not possible,
I could live with only 'new posts' if I could also 'ignore' those sub-forums I have no desire to be active in.
(indeed, many sub-forums, such as other DIRs, I'm not allowed to post in anyways, so why be alerted? Useless clutter!)"

"I see no way to IGNORE A FORUM, like I'd LOVE to do with the political forums. Just BLOCK THEM."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It looks like one item on my list has been fixed. Before when I tried to do a spoiler, all I got a blur. Now I see the old functionality has been restored.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
It looks like one item on my list has been fixed. Before when I tried to do a spoiler, all I got a blur. Now I see the old functionality has been restored.

As far as I know, they have both worked since the start of the update. It's just that there are two spoiler options: one in the middle of the text, like this, and another that hides the entire content enclosed within it, like this:

Example.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I made this comment in post #227 in the Feedback thread, JustGeorge commented positively on it:

"What would be the chances of my second point? If for some reason, 'new threads' were not possible,
I could live with only 'new posts' if I could also 'ignore' those sub-forums I have no desire to be active in.
(indeed, many sub-forums, such as other DIRs, I'm not allowed to post in anyways, so why be alerted? Useless clutter!)"

"I see no way to IGNORE A FORUM, like I'd LOVE to do with the political forums. Just BLOCK THEM."

I don't know whether there is a way to add such a feature. We will have to ask the owners, but some other features have priority at the moment due to how highly requested they are.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I don't know whether there is a way to add such a feature. We will have to ask the owners, but some other features have priority at the moment due to how highly requested they are.
Yes, I understand that. While this feature is certainly useful, it was offered as an idea to make wading though mounds of 'new posts'
a bit less painful, in the event 'new threads' is not technically possible. As I said: "If for some reason, 'new threads' were not possible"

vulcanlogician

I would like more ratings too. The emojis are limited and a bit too corny, if you ask me.

We're just waiting to see whether an add-on could bring back the previous list of ratings before deciding which ones, if any, to add manually.

Agreed about the new emojis being corny. I normally wouldn't care about such things, but it's plain to notice that the new ones are clearly inferior to the old ones.