• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shoolini? Important! I really need to know!

Ankou

Spiritually Lost
Who is the Goddess Shoolini? I don't know if I'm even posting in the right place, but if anyone knows PLEASE tell me. I've looked her up on google, but I can't find anything.

This is very important to me, so if anyone has even a bit of information, please respond.

Thank you.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I've looked her up on google, but I can't find anything.

This is very important to me, so if anyone has even a bit of information, please respond.

With a simple Google search I came up with the following:

Goddess Shoolini Temple
Answers.com on Solan
The Four Traditions In Sri Vidya states that:
"... But please know that the Vamachara paths involve much more than the worship of 'fierce' goddesses. Kaali, Praytangira, Vanadurga, Shoolini, etc. (all of whom are frequently invoked in Guruji Amrita's practice and practice prescriptions), in my opinion can be classified as Vama."

Shoolini Mantra Sadhana on Yahoo Group states:
"Shoolini Durga is one wing of Lord Sarabeswara.Sarabha is an avatar of Lord
Shiva and he took this form to bring into control Lord Narasimha an avatar of
Vishnu.

pahari.jpg

Shoolini Durga and Pratyangra were the wings of Sarabha a huge bird form.
This is a powerful Mantra.Prtyangra mantra is also a powerful Mantra, A
combination of (Samput as they call) Srabha , Pratyangara and Shoolini Durga
mantra is normally recited for destruction of nenemies. Pratyangara, Shoolini
Durga and sarabha mantras are also recited separtely.

Shholini Durga mantra is:
Jwala Jwala shholini Dushta Grahan humpat Swaha.
Rishi is Dirgadama rishi, Chandas Kakup chandaha

The above is given for your information. It will be better to approach a guru
and get initiated in this as any mantra is unlikely to bear results if not
initiated by a guru.Too small a place to detail further as to how the mantra has
to be recited, Dhyana Sloka,Nyasa etc.

This also an interesting link to do with chakras, Sri Muthuswami Dik****ar and Sri Vidya. Shollini is listed twice about 1/2 way down the page.

All in all, it appears that "Goddess" Shollini is a lesser female diety in the Hindu pantheon. PS: There is lots of information around regarding this "goddess", but you will have to dig for it as she seems to be a pretty obscure avatar of Vishnu.

Last edited:

Ankou

Spiritually Lost
Thank you both. I really appreciate it. I'll check out the links and see what I can find out.